main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Preperation for Episode II (Meet #11)

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Pellaeon69187, Mar 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I agree. Meet 11 is taking place at all different locations.

2. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    I am going to the 12:01 showing of AOTC at the Loews Boston Theatre. All you traitors who are going elsewhere can burn in Tattooine. :)

How am I going, you ask? Well I know that they are going to have that showing, it's just a matter of when exactly they put up the notice. Don't expect the quick and easy way out -- i.e. the Internet. It's going to be posted at the theatre, but only a few days in advance.

We shall see... :)

3. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    So the tickets still haven't gone on sale for that theater?
    I prefer the quick and easy way out, thank you very much! :)

4. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Hey Dave, what time do you think I should head out your way next Wednesday?

5. Jedi Windu

Sep 8, 1999
    Tony..if they decide to not do a midnight at Loews...I still have an extra ticket and I could drive you back to your dorm.

6. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Tom,

I will take you up on that offer. I just need an easy way to get there, and you have the way back arranged. You know I'm good for the money ;), so definately save me that ticket! Thanks, man!

EDIT: Who's all going with you, Tom?

EDIT2: Where are we going?

7. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    if anyone needs tix for a midnight show I got 3or4(not scalping :D ),there for the Revere cinema 12:01 showing.

its not digital but its THX certified.anyone interested let me know!

8. Yoguurt

Yoguurt Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2001
    FYI...
    Tickets have been on sale for a 12:01 showing at Boston Common since Thursday night. I picked mine up on Thursday.
    The thing is, they are NOT on Fandango for some reason. But you can get them at the theater. I didn't see any notice announcing it or anything, just due diligence in calling them on the phone...

9. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Ok, I'm gonna go with Tom and not do the Common Theatre thing. I just don't want to walk over to the Common Theatre tomorrow and be told they are sold out.

:)

10. Jedi Windu

Sep 8, 1999
    We're going to Chesnut Hill and Ben and a few other Rebels should be there.

11. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Sounds like you guys are gonna have fun.

12. JediGrl831

JediGrl831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Umm...k. Here is the bad news...and most of you are going to smack me. But, I'm sorry.

My friend is up from college and she has to fly home from Texas on Thursday. And I completely forgot that the Episode II premiere was the night before (awful of me, I know)...so, she booked her plan tickets to go home for Thursday at like eight in the morning.

So, basically there is no way I'll be able to get up to the meet in Boston and get back in time to get her to the airport, because I take the T.

I'm really sorry guys. I should have paid more attention when she was telling me what day she was going home on.

13. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, I've been out of it, and I'm not sure what's going on. As it is, I probably can;t make the meet anyway.

14. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    I also agree...Meet #11 is happening, and anyone who goes to see a midnight showing is part of it.

I may be able to make the midnight showings in Lawrence or Lowell...we'll see.

15. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Sorry for the triple post...

But I saw Spider Man last night. Excellent flick! Best I've seen since FoTR.

16. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Its okay, Beth.
    And I agree, Will.

17. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    No spidey man for me yet. Or maybe at all.

18. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    You WILL see Spiderman

//Mind Trick

19. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    I saw Spiderman yesterday. It was good. But, I definetely think that Episode II will be lots better....at least I hope it will be.

But, there were some inaccuracies that I caught onto and I never even read the comic books...I just watched the cartoon on TV occasionally.

20. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Don't consider it inacurate as its just one person's take on the story. I have been a long time reader and collecter of the comic and watcher of all of the Cartoons and I know the story very well and I was happy with it. Most of the changes were welcome.

21. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    Oh...I didn't not like the movie because of the inaccuracies I caught. I just kind of went "hmm...I don't remember that being what happened".

But, I wasn't enough of a Spiderman expert to notice more than like two things that didn't fit with what I knew. Other than that I definetly enjoyed the movie. It was entertaining and fun.

Did anyone else have a hard time believing Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane...I did and so did some of my friends...just wondering?

22. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I agree with you there. I would have prefered a different MJ. But thats okay, MJ looks different each time they change artists in the comics and Dunst looked much like how MJ looked a while back...hrmmm I don't know. MJ hasn't been in the comics since about...Feb. 2000
    Much has changed and most of it will be hard to change back.

23. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Dunst didn't exactly fit the role, but I was pleasantly surprised with her acting. I thought that both her and Tobey Macguire did an excellent job.

24. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    I thought Tobey Maguire as Spiderman was awesome! And Willem Dafoe as Norman Osbourne/The Green Goblin was great. He did a fantastic job.

25. Jedi Windu

Sep 8, 1999
    I'm a big Spidey and I loved the movie even if it didn't completely adhere to the comics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.