Preperation for Meet #18(the Con in Nov.)

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by Pellaeon69187, Aug 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pellaeon69187 Force Ghost

star 5
    Please let the Con thread die. I like offical threads more :D

let me copy Roy...

there is a Con this Nov at the Bayside Expo Center(http://www.hobbystar.com/boston/index.html)
    We will have a table at the Con to promote the group and to try to recrute new members.Probably sometime in October i will be getting the posters for the con to help them promote it thruout NE.It is our job to hang these posters at any establishment that people who would visit the con may go to,Comic shops,video stores,toy stores,etc,etc,etc
    We will also need volunteers to man the table,probably in shifts.
    we also are making flyers for the con to help us promote the group and FanForce.If anyone has an idea or layout they would like to see used.Please submit it on the MSN group,there is a photo folder set up to submit your flyer.

Thank you Roy.
    No problem Dave, any time. :p

If anyone has any ideas as to what to put on the table please bring them up.

The actual meet is on the 16th(second sat. of Nov.) it would be nice if anyone coming could get there as early as possible to help out.
    The con runs from the 15th-17th so it would be nice if some folk could help out on all of these days manning the table and all.
    Expo Hours:
    Friday: 4pm-9pm
    Saturday: 10am-6pm
    Sunday: 11am-6pm
  2. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    We need volunteers to sit at the table.I know not everyone can make every day of the con,even just a couple of hours on any day would be a great help.

I'll work out a schedule for shifts at the table.that way if you do volunteer you wont miss out on anything at the con.

Also,if anyone knows of places close to them that we could hang the posters up at,let us know.We need to cover a wide area,which shouldn't be a problem considering that we are pretty spread out as a group as it is.As soon as I get the posters I'll post it here.If you know of any place,PM me your mailing address and I'll send you out as many as I can.
  3. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    As I said in the previous thread, I'm available to work the table on Saturday.
  4. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Judging from what I saw last year, I don't think anyone manning the table will miss anything unless they stay there all day.
    Maybe it's b/c I went last minute but it seemed more like a meet-some-cool people-and-here's-our-dealer-room than an actual con.
  5. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    For the most part your right Dex.But if someone is sitting at the table all day,they may miss out on meeting someone on the guest list they may want to see.They also had some rooms last year with a Q&A session,mostly Anime last year,some may wanna see that.

Then there are those that enjoy browsing the vendor tables to try and find those ever so hard to find items for thier collection.

Just trying to make it fun for all.
  6. Starstriker Jedi Padawan

Thanks for posting the times. I was planning on going on Saturday and would be glad to help set up at least. This would be my first time and I look foward to meeting everyone. Is there a place you will be meeting before hand or just in the expo building somewhere?

Starstriker (Joe)
  7. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    Look for the table! We will meet at the table around noonish,but the Con opens at 10 so there will be at least 2(hopefully) at the table
  8. Sebulba2179 Force Ghost

star 4
    I can definitely do Saturday from 11:30 on. However, my T map doesn't indicate if there's a stop close to the Bayside Expo. Tony? ;)
  9. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Take the Red Line to JFK/UMass. The Bayside Expo Center is right there. It's a short walk, but there might be a bus for you lazy people.
  10. Sebulba2179 Force Ghost

star 4
    Wunderbar. Thank you, O incomparable master of the T. ;)
  11. Starstriker Jedi Padawan

Thanks. I'll be there early.

Starstriker (Joe)
  12. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess I'm just spoiled from going to C2 and GenCon :D Hopefully there will be some different guests than last year. Depending on who is there will determine when I go. But I'll be sure to stop by the table and take pics for those who want them.
  13. Pellaeon69187 Force Ghost

star 5
    I hope we get some SW guests...
  14. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Anybody have the link to the Con website?
  15. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
  16. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    Not much of a guest list so far.
    But the guy running the show garenteed me there was going to be Star Wars celebs,he said they usually are the last ones booked because of thier busy schedules.
  17. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, that explains a lot. According to the site, it's an (everybody do the hand gesture with me) "Expo" instead of a "Con".
    I wonder which ST:TOS guest will be there next year...seems to be a pattern *heh*
    And the dealer room was pretty sweet last year. Lots of hard to find stuff at almost reasonable price. Lotsa bootleg videos =)
    Speaking of videos, maybe one meet we could watch the holiday special (*maniacal laughter*)
  18. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    The holiday special, [face_laugh],funny part is I have it on my PC.

Oh how bad it truly was!
  19. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Roy, What's you beef? Bea Arthur was excellent in the Holiday special. Also, was Mark Hamil wearing lip gloss?
  20. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh]

dont forget about Jefferson Starship!

I heard they were supposed to be on tour with the Max Rebo band,but Grace Slick didnt get along with Sy Snootles 8-}
  21. Starstriker Jedi Padawan

I still have flashbacks about seeing that as a kid. A friend of mine got a bootleg of it a few years ago. It still had the vintage comercials on it. Including the Kenner toys commercial for the original Star Wars toy line. That was more entertaining than the show.
  22. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, maybe I should have my hair put into two buns for the con. (bad joke)
  23. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    as a joke,yeah that was bad 8-}

But! If you can pull off the costume,and this goes for all who like to do costuming,I say go for it!!

There is nothing wrong with going to a con in costume.Alot of people do it,and most have some really cool costumes!!

The 501st and The Rebel Legion are prime examples!!
  24. TIEace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll be there on Saturday most likely, which is if my parents' generosity with rides and train privileges continues (I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL I AM 16 IN FEBRUARY!). However, I don't think I'll be able to do anything at the table any other days.
  25. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah a fellow Februarian! :) When is your birthday, Will? I'm on Groundhog's Day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.