main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Preperations for Meet #17(October meet)

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Pellaeon69187, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    I'm going! I might not be able to post much, but I'm sure as hell not missing a meet!

See ya Saturday!

2. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    For those of you who have never been, I assure you that you'll have a blast! I've been going for a number of years now and never regret it. :D

Some advice...If you can, go in costume. Anything medieval is fine, doesn't have to be a stunning display. For example, a brown Jedi robe could easily serve as a monks garb. Or go as a knight, a peasant, a thief, whatever. It really adds a kind of depth to the experience, and makes it easier to get into the "medieval" frame of mind.

Also, during the tourney events (jousting etc), try to immerse yourself into it. Cheer for the good guys, boo the bad guys and all that. You'll see what I mean when you get there, but it's fun!

Anyhow, hope you all have a blast! Wish I could be there with you, but I'll be attending the week after so at least I'm going. Hopefully make the con in November...

Have a splendid time!

3. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I figured that since this next meet will take place completely outdoors a check on the weather might be in order.So here is the current weather forecast for Saturday...

A nice but cool start to the weekend. Partly cloudy and pleasant. Increasing cloudiness is forecast late in the day. High 58 to 63. Partly to mostly cloudy and cool Saturday night. Low 41 to 51, warmest readings in urban centers.

4. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
  5. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    So do I. Not to hot, not to cold and of course there is Halloween and Thanksgiving. I think with my stomach.

6. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    that is perfect weather, then i can wear my cloak and not freeze.

i always go in costume :D

7. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    my costume won't be ready.

Fall kicks all arse!

8. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I senr strawbary the info on the meet.a little late this time,but I'm sure she'll post it as soon as she see's the PM.

9. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    I won't be in costume. Mostly because I have no midievil clothes. :) Though if its as cool in Carver as it is here in North Adams, I'll probably be dressed rather warmly.

10. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I don't think I can come. My dad has to go to Korea and won't be back till 1:00 am saturday. Unless he's in a really good mood, my chances for going are low.

11. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    My dad went to South Korea a few years back. Why is your dad going?

12. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Business trip. He left this morning. He comes back saturday morning at 1:00 am and is leaving for another buisness trip to Europe on monday.

13. sith_lord21

sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    ouch!!!!!!!

14. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    And I really wanted to go too....

15. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    I can't go either. :( Have fun though!

16. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Well, now I'll have time to work on my fanfic.

17. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    so who is going? so far i think it's (and i'm guessing here, i havent re-read the whole thread) me, eric, scott, dave, arthur(?), traci ... i'm just curious as to who's actually going since alot won't be able to make it :(

and where the heck is mara these days? she and i were the ones who decided we wanted to do this faire thing after all :)

18. CrimsonVision

CrimsonVision Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I'll definately be there. I just *barely* have enough money to get in. My car's brakes decided to go on me and have to have them replaced on Monday.

Not fun when your paychecks are very tightly budgeted. Thank god my next payday is on the 15th!

But anyways yes, I'll be there around 11am so do look for me on the inside!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.