main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Preperations for (the Randalph showing of) Ep. II (Meet #12)

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Pellaeon69187, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Ok guys, this meet will be the weekend after Meet #11. Which makes the date, May 18th.

2. jmkb-44

jmkb-44 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    I will be there! I would not mind helping in trying to plan this. I am new to the Jedi Council so if anyone would like assistance in planning it,let me know. I am already excited about it!

3. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Planning is supposed to be a group thing(except when I get greedy and plan it all myself).
    And I've already said that I'm not gonna do much with this, so a group thing it is!

4. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    We don't know the times the movie is showing yet.

5. jmkb-44

jmkb-44 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    I would imagine that tickets will go on sale at least a couple of weeks in advance, maybe sooner, since Lord of the Rings tickets were presold close to a month in advance. As of now, I think we should just find out how many people are intersted, and once the times are known, we could determine what show we will meet up for. I will be up there early to get something to eat, I do not know how you usually hold these meetings, do you normally just meet for a show, or do you all hang out and get dinner?

6. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Yeah, so Meet 12 will be Saturday the 18th. I'd guess an afternoon show to save a few bucks. We'll have to buy tickets for that show the same day as we buy the premiere tickets. So I'll need a count for that well beforehand as well.

7. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Is the location solidly set on Randolph? I just need to know where that is. Yes, I WILL BE THERE.

8. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Read all the threads Will. The premire meet isn't in Randalph.

9. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    THis is the second meet for episode 2, hence the Meet 12 title rather than Meet 11.

10. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Ok, now I have everything straight. I'm going to try to make this one as well as #11.

11. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    COol. The more the merrier, as always.

12. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'll be there for the 18th as well. I plan on going there for the opening as well. I will be waiting in line when tickets go on sale like I did for Episode 1 but this time I'm taking a folding chair and a cooler. It turned out to be a very hot day last time.

13. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    When do you plan on getting in line??I was thinking of doing the same thing,it would be cool to get a couple of "Rebels" in line together.

14. WackyBelfast

WackyBelfast Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I'd like to be in that, I think I can dig out a beech chair and join you on getting tickets at the first showing at Randolph. Would be excellent to have a bunch of this gang in line getting tickets :). Be a great chance to meet and greet the other members.

(question, does the Randolph cinema have reserved seating, I know the cinema's in Belfast I used to go to (back many years ago!), you could get an actual seat assignment, like K12 or M20 etc...) this way you didn't have to queue up knowing you could just walk into your reserved seat.)

I'm sorry that I cannot attend the Boston #11 meeting, but I live closer to Randolph, I'll certainly give it a go to see AOTC twice at Randolph, the first showing and whatever showing #12 schedules.

15. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Doh!!!! my bad,I posted in wrong thread :D,I was talking about getting in line for the premeire

16. jmkb-44

jmkb-44 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    I went to a local theater here in RI today and asked a supervisor what has been planned for Episode II, and all he could tell me was that the theater would be having a midnight show (big suprise), but the home office has not made a set date for presell of tix, but he did mention that they started Lord of the Rings presell's a month before the movie opened, and they may do the same again. I recall when Episode One opened, they did the presell a week before, but alot has changed in 3 years, where we can get tix online, over the phone, or in person, so they may go on sale without a big announcement. I usually hit the movies once a week, so as soon as I hear more news, I will be sure to post it. Only 64 more days!

17. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    All these new threads are getting confusing...

18. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Especially for someone who has been gone for a month :)

19. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Hello WackyBelfast. Randolph does not have seat assignment as far as I know. As soon as they announce the presell for tickets I will arrange to take that day off. I will get their as soon as they let people line-up. When Episode 1 came out they would not let anyone in line until 8 that morning even though we still got in line at about sunrise. They even has the Cops checking the theater to make sure that nobody got in line overnight. It is looking more and more like I am going to go for a 24 hour straight marathon viewing. I may start taking pledges to dontate money to a 9/11 charity. I have had a few people offer to pledges already.

20. Rebel_Traitor

Rebel_Traitor Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2002
    Hey, my name is Nate...I'm a newbie, and would like to go to the next meet-could you tell me where that will be?

21. jmkb-44

jmkb-44 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    Hey Nate, glad to have you aboard! The next meet is March 23rd at an Imax movie at the NE Aquiriem. I will not be attending. If you want more info, look for the thread for Meet 9. My first meeting will be this one, Meet 12 for the DLP showing of Episode 2. If you have any other questions, feel free to post them and one of the Rebels that is going to that meet will be able to help you. I hope to see you at the DLP showing!

22. Rebel_Traitor

Rebel_Traitor Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2002
    Thx. Jedi_Master_Arra is my school friend, so maybe she can take me.

23. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Welcome Nate. I was told you would come, make yourself at home!

24. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Back on topic.

25. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Anyone ever get a burger from the Randolph theater snack bar thingy? Horrible service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.