main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Preperations for (the Randalph showing of) Ep. II (Meet #12)

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Pellaeon69187, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WackyBelfast

WackyBelfast Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Thanks for the reply Ryno, it's a pity as I sometimes feel that when I was in belfast, I had it better when it came to getting tickets for first screenings etc...

I would just go to the box office, a week or so before, ask what seats were available, they had a map of the screens, you picked the seats and asked if it was available.

You then paid with your credit card, but did not get the tickets.

On the night, you would go up to this like "hole in the wall" machine, enter your credit card and out would spit the tickets. Easy Peasy!

Now that's service. I always got specific seats on the first nights (I talked to one of the guys that knew each screen and told me which seats were the best viewing and listening in the screen!) so it was extremly nice to have great seats.

Now i'm back to the "dark ages" (only kidding!) of queing up to get tickets, so as they say "when in rome, do as the romans do!".

I'll keep my ear to the ground on this and other threads for the date of tickets going on sale.. And possibly see you in line! I think I'll be dragging my nephew along, like when I saw EP1 on the first day!

2. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    You can always buy tickets ahead of time. You just don't get a specific seat. When we saw LotR back in December, we'd bought our tickets a good week prior.

3. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    We ended up getting decent seats as well. Basically we have to get there as early as possible...

4. jmkb-44

jmkb-44 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    I remember the theater I went to for opening night of TPM, the doors opened at 8 for the midnight showing. I am sure the theater will let us know at least the week leading up to the release. Also, the theater created a hand out with the times of the shows for the first 2 weeks while we waited in line the day tix went on sale. Every time I go to a movie, I am sure to ask someone for any new info on presell and midnight plans. I will be checking out Resident Evil tomorrow, so any new info, I will let everyone know. One last thing, I think it sucks they are going to have "Showtime" in DLP instead of "Ice Age" this weekend in Randolph, was wishing to see the trailer in digital!

5. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I thought I would put together a little webpage for the details of the Randolph meet for the premiere of Episode 2 on May 16th. This is meant for those that can't make it in to Boston for the premiere When everything is settled people can just check the page rather than going through every post trying to figure exactly what is going on. Let me know if I overstepped my bounds here. Please take a look and let me know what ou think.

http://www.geocities.com/randolphmovie/ep2.html

6. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Nice site, but I think you have the wrong idea. We are going to see it in Randalph on the 18th.

7. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Yes, the plan is to go on the 18th.

8. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I know most people plan on going to see it in Randolph on the 18th but I have said all along that I am going to the Premiere in Randolph and not Boston. I put that up for those that are going to the first showing in Randolph. There have been a few people that want to go to Randolph instead. I will still be going on the 18th.I should not have called it the Randolph meet in my last post.

9. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I'm actually in the middle of setting up another page to our site about both showing.I was gonna put info about Opening Night in town,and about the following saturday for the DLP veiwing!

10. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Can we change the thread title? I'm not sure if it's a typo or a bad LOTR joke, but it might confuse people.

11. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    It's a typo, though we could turn it into a LotR joke if you wish. ;)

12. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Well, I'd rather have it correct in the title so no one is lead astray. Joke all you want in the thread though.

13. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    I will be there, and might even bring a friend! :)

14. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
  15. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I have at least two friends that plan on going with me to the first show in Randolph and they want to go on the 18th as well.

16. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    re: Service in Randolph by Jedi Bib

They can be rude there sometimes. It all depends on who you get. Randolph used to be a very well to do town but it has gone down hill a little over the past few years.I do advise anyone driving in Randolph to keep an eye out for 93 year old men that think it's okay to do a U-turn on Route 28 in the middle of the afternoon. That resulted in $5000 worth of damage to my old car. But that is a long and funny story.

17. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Thanks for the warning :p .
    And if Ben brings his friend Mike, don't eat and sandwich around him ;) .

18. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    The kid's too damn funny.

19. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
  20. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    And the burgers are horrible!

21. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    If you say so Mike...if you say so :p

22. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    I never buy theater food. Too damn expensive.

23. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Yeah it is. I sometimes try to sneak food in that I buy from CVS. Its much cheaper that way.

24. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Yeah. Of course with all the new no bags rules that's harder(you know the only purpose of those rules is to keep bootleggers and smugglers out, the "security concerns" are playing off fear of terror).

25. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Of course it is. Well it is now, the first couple weeks after 911, it wasn't. Just imagine a guy with a bomb in his backpack walking into a huge movie theatre, killing hundreds of people. That wouldn't be good, so by creating a bag rule, they can prevent bootlegging and terrorist attacks from happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.