main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Prequel characters we might see in the new trilogy?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fjall, Nov 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    do you think we might see any prequel characters pop up in the new trilogy? i for one, think we might see some familiar faces but i completely rule out jar jar.

thoughts?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Hayden Force Ghost

3. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Pretty sure there's already a thread on this. I think if we see character links to the prequels, it would more likely be descendants. (Would love to see Watto or Dexter, personally, though...)

Dak Oolron and JediFan215 like this.
  4. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    really? i looked but could not find one, sorry. i too would like to see a very old watto.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  5. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    I feel like with some of the art we've seen that Plagieus is involved somehow.

Darkslayer, B99, Redimet and 4 others like this.
  6. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    Plagieus would be very cool to see on the big screen.

7. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I think we'll be seeing a few of the posters here make an appearance...

8. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Luke, Leia and Chewbacca.

See what I did there?

9. Shamear

Shamear Jedi Master star 1

Feb 9, 2014
    Regardless of how much hate he receives, if we were to see anyone reappear as a force ghost, I'd really wanna see Anakin again. Maybe in a scene where he interacts with the Solo/Skywalker kids, if there are any. Obviously, due to Disney trying to avoid fan backlash, and anything to do with Hayden in Star Wars usually equals fan backlash, that's highly unlikely to happen. In that case, I'd take Yoda, Obi, or another unlikely option in Qui Gon.

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Darth Plagueis, Hayden or Ewan (if they decide to go that route for Obi-Wan) Force ghosts. Qui-Gon's voice also (like in TCW) if it makes sense.

Dra---, markdeez and Jobertus like this.
  11. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    ewan would be so awesome as a force ghost. i hope it happens.

12. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I would personally love to see Anakin's force ghost. If we see any force ghosts at all, it would only make sense. I have a feeling that they will stay away from Hayden though, which I personally feel is unfortunate.

I never really liked the EU idea that force ghosts only lasted for a limited time. I'd like to see Obi Wan, Yoda, and Anakin all attempting to guide Luke...

13. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
  14. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Chewbacca. He was in RotS so he's technically a PT character. The droids as well.

Darkslayer and plaidphoenix like this.
  15. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    very true.

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Dex. Somehow he'll find his way to Tatooine and help Daisy and co. while making flatulent sounds on his wheel chair, or whatever passes for one in SW

[​IMG]

17. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Maybe the graverobber asks Watto for help with 'Jedi mind tricks'?

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Technically, we have no evidence that poor Cliegg Lars wasn't still alive the entire time. Sure, Luke, Owen & Beru were able to have family time at the breakfast table but poor Cliegg could very well have been bedridden and wondering what all of that commotion was outside and why Beru never brought his prescriptions in to him at noon. :(

19. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Honestly, I would like to see Hayden's force ghost. It shouldn't be a bunch of screentime, but just a cameo where Luke is trying to contact him for advice or something.

At the same time, I feel like Lucasfilm would stay away from this, as it's probably as strong a connection to the SE and the PT you could get. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they used someone who looked like Sebastian Shaw rather than Hayden.

So it's something I'd love to see but I doubt it will ever happen.

Other than that, I can't really think of any PT-exclusive characters who I want to see in the ST. I don't see a spot where I think "Oh man, this character needs to be here!".

I don't really see Plageuis as a PT character, since he wasn't actually seen. I'm open to him appearing though.

20. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Plague + is=..........:D:p

Miras-Etrin, Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  21. Ichthyocentaur

Ichthyocentaur Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    Honestly, I really doubt we'll be seeing young Anakin or many major nods to the PT at all.

It seems like JJ's approach to the ST is really to convince people that the OT is back. Going back to the original concept art, the original bad guys, the original idea of a cast of not-well-known young actors, the originally "dormant" state of the Force and Jedi—it all seems very much a conscious effort to align the new films with the aesthetic and nostalgia attached to the original three films.

Doing something like having Hayden appear in a cameo would really run counter to that, seeing as Hayden's character—and his post-hoc insertion into ROTJ—calls to mind the clumsiest directorial decisions George made.

That said, I could maybe be convinced that Ewan might appear in flashback form, both because ghost Obi-Wan was an OT staple and because it appears very possible that we might see Ewan return as Obi-Wan in one of the spin-off films.

22. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I've got an irrational desire for Hayden to make his way into this film. IF one of the new goodies is gonna turn baddie I would love force ghost Anakin to appear all broody and Hayden-like and tell them how it is. "I was one of the baddest Jedi around and one of the baddest Sith around. Trust me."

23. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    RANT/I am utterly fed up with hearing the words 'Fan backlash' when it comes to the PT, especially when it comes to Hayden and Anakin/Rant

-That being said, while I'd rather see the ST move FORWARD, I would dearly love to see some easter eggy nods to the PT, such as a holo of Hadakin/Padme somewhere, or say one of Jimmy 'Bale Organa' in Leia's home.

24. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I know it seems as it's a given that MVS is playing the grizzled old cyborg character, but I wouldn't mind seeing Mace Windu appear as a disfigured old, part cyborg. His identity mainly hidden through rags and so forth. He would be slightly deranged, but mysterious to the locals on the desert world. Maybe not, but i think that'd be quite cool actually.

Dra--- likes this.
  25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Jar Jar.....just to wind up all the PT haters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.