main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Prequel characters we might see in the new trilogy?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fjall, Nov 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    The puppet looked better than CGI to a lot of people, I'd say most. Especially the ones making this movie. The TPM puppet was wrong, they tried to make him look different and it was hideous. I'm sure JJ and co could create an accurate Yoda, they probably have the molds and eyes from ESB in storage.

If you must do Anakin, do not do Hayden. It will look bad and tick people off. Have him appear as Darth Vader with JEJ doing the voice.

2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    A lot of the problem with the TPM puppet for Yoda... besides the obvious facial structure screw ups, was the fact that they used a shiny Latex for the skin. The original foam look was awesome and they should have returned to exactly that!

3. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

4. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014

Yeah, I see where you're coming from, lovelikewinter (not personally, as I'm of the opinion that if its not the ghost we see in ROTJ (At this point Hayden) then we shouldn't see it at all, but considering the general reception to Hayden in the PT I understand your reasoning) but he was redeemed; he is no longer Darth Vader, so it wouldn't really work. I think they would be more likely to have a Sebastian Shaw lookalike come in and do it.

What, if there was a supposed ghost scene in the film, the Anakin ghost occasionally "morphed" from young Anakin to Old Anakin (makes me think of David Bowman in 2010 a little bit)? I know it makes no sense, but it would be cool visually and would hopefully satisfy people in both camps of the "what does Anakin look like" discussion.

5. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Heck, let's just have JEJ play Anakin. Now that would be a plot twist.

6. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014

Force Ghost Darth Vader would be cool. He could be a bit tougher than Obi-Wan and a reminder of failure and the Dark Side. I did hear rumors they were testing a CGI Alec Guiness Obi-Wan, but it looked like crap and the abandoned it.

7. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Not a proper PT character, but I'd love to see Hondo make an appearance.

CGI-BOBAFENT and jedinightwing like this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes but then the racist trolls would get their pitchforks ready.

Jcuk likes this.
  9. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I like Naboo. As far as revisiting Planets from Eps I-VI, I think having Naboo again would work well; certainly better than Hoth or Endor. I still think that the new Alliance Base with the Hangars built into the grassy hills could be Naboo. ;)

Django Fett and darklordoftech like this.
  10. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Because of the fact that there are folk who like Naboo, blowing it up would amp up the villain's status and make them all the more significant. There are no downsides to blowing up Naboo at all.

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    And what makes you think that you speak for absolutely every single person on Earth?

Andy Wylde likes this.
  12. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    And do you have anything against blowing up Naboo?

13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Yes. I want Naboo to be a place that characters can go no matter when a movie takes place.

Andy Wylde and Mystery Roach like this.
  14. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Yes, it would be dramatically effective to blow up a planet that people are emotionally invested in like Naboo; I just don't want it to happen. :p

Andy Wylde likes this.
  15. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Does Ventress count as a PT character?

mes520 likes this.
  16. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    ... redeem the character and also redeem Hayden's inclusion at the end of ROTJ.

DARTH_BELO and Jotun Denal like this.
  17. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Naboo signifies peace similar to Alderaan, not that it did it any good concerning the Trade Federation. May be its where Luke has gone and Skellig is portraying an ancient remote island fortress on Naboo?

Yes, but everyone knows Lupita is playing her :cool:

DARTH_BELO and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  18. VonDizzler

VonDizzler Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 28, 2014
    I think Obi Wan and Anakin are good contenders to be in episode 7 as ghosts or hologram. They're the only characters in every episode besides 3PO and R2. I'd like to see them keep that tradition.

19. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I wouldn't necessarily say the "majority" of fans prefer the Yoda ESB puppet over CG Yoda. Sure, the fans that grew up with the OT would indeed, since that's what they grew up with. But there's also many people of the younger generation who grew up with the PT. I know of many of these (nieces, nephews, friends' kids and the like) that vastly prefer CG Yoda and think the puppet looks silly! So it really just depends I think.

IF (and that's a BIG 'if') they include Yoda, I could see them going either way: CG Yoda, which would look even better than previous digital incarnations, now with the advances in CG since 2005 (for reference, see certain shots in the TPM blu ray version), OR they could indeed have him as a puppet again. Either could work really, since a ghost Yoda would presumably not have to move around all that much-just kind of stand there and talk...

As far as what we'd all rather see, I think it's all a matter of perspective and what we grew up with...

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  20. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    I agree
    I prefer the ESB Yoda mostly for nostalgic reasons but my children who range from 25 to 10 like the CGI.

I don't think with the motion capture tech we have now that we would ever see a puppet main character again.

Andy Serkis has set a new standard

21. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    My 17yro Niece prefers OT Yoda... so even the younger generation can go either way.

As for the no puppet main character again... I disagree. Star Wars is going to do it again at some point, if not in this film.

Wasn't there a rumor about a puppet style hutt similar to ROTJ puppet Jabba being in the film too?

Puppet Jabba was FAR superior to any of the CGI versions of Jabba!

Jcuk likes this.
  22. OBIWANARNO

OBIWANARNO Jedi Master star 1

Dec 8, 2003
    I think that Ewan is certain to appear at some stage as well as Hayden (It would be very silly if Luke decided to talk to a force ghost that wasn't Anakin). I would also like to see what happened to Watto (just a line or two would suffice) and I want to see a scene about Padmé. It's strange enough that nothing of that sort is in EIV-VI (for obvious reasons) except that one scene in ROTJ but I want to hear Luke or Leia discuss their mother/have a flashback scene (possibly through a recording from R2-D2) or even for her to appear as force ghost to Leia or Luke (let's not forget Yoda's line about being able to see friends who are long gone through the force). It doesn't have to be in EVII but it has to be the new films. Qui Gon would be nice but I don't expect it and as others have said we will of course have the droids and Chewbacca in the films.

And I of course fully expect Jar Jar to be a new Jedi Master.

23. VonDizzler

VonDizzler Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 28, 2014
    With yoda, why not both puppet and cgi. Yoda's body can be a puppet while the face is cgi. That gives his body actual physical weight in the scene instead if awkward cgi , but his face is cgi to give his facial movement more range. That technique was used in where thewwild things are and it looked fantastic. I couldn't tell what the monsters were until I found out how they made them.

24. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I think puppet Yoda was marvelous (not the abomination from TPM lol) but the main problem is that it had a very limited range of facial expressions. At the end of the day, I'll take CGI Yoda simply due to the fact that he can convey much more emotion

25. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Genuinely made me lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.