main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

PT Prequel fans - Would you be open to Special Editions of the PT...?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Avnar, Jan 4, 2018.

1. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    I’m quite critical when it comes to pacing in SW movies but these scenes honestly wouldn’t be too much trouble to put it. The end of the film already is mellowing out and this would be a fantastic opportunity to bring to back Liam and Frank Oz.

heels1785 likes this.
  2. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Oh yes not having Neeson was a bummer

3. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 10, 2011
    Although Lucas himself straight up says that he prefers it the way it is. He felt that if he had the conversation happen off screen it would make it feel more mysterious.

And now that we have the Yoda arc in TCW it would be kind of superfluous to add it back in.

{Quantum/MIDI} likes this.
  4. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Oh I agree with that too.

I just felt like when watching that scene, it felt like it was one of the more meticulous deleted moments out of most of the PT and I was a little sad it wasn’t in the movie.

But yes, leaving it out did add some mysterious air to the scene:)

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Force Ghost star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Yes, I was sorry that was left out.

6. Kladdagh

Kladdagh Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2017
    My 2cts ...
    I think they are good actually ...
    The only alternative could be IF GL take the project ... if not ... NO WAY ...

7. Avnar

Avnar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Wow! That's a great scene - How have I never seen that before?? Explains why they were running...

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2009
    They were running because they were already in a hurry. No explanation needed.

oierem likes this.
  9. AussieViking

AussieViking Jedi Padawan

May 28, 2017
  10. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 10, 2011
    There's clearly a much greater sense of urgency being communicated by the start of the scene than just "They're in a hurry." Obviously, because the scene was originally designed to follow a scene which reveals they're being pursued by some unseen sinister force.

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2009
    The urgency was already established (not only do they need to get to Coruscant, but there's the possibility that they have been traced to the location they are in). Them running towards the ship when it's nearby is not something that needed an explanation. Of course, with the deleted scene we know that there was another danger that they were aware of. But without it, the movie already provides more than one perfectly valid logic, which is probably why it was deleted to begin with.

12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm fine with the way they are. I would love extended versions, as IMO the PT has some of the best deleted scenes. But I wouldn't want any "extended versions" unless they did that with ALL the saga films. It would seem odd to have almost three hour PT films, and then the OT only 2/10-2/12 each...

CaptainEO likes this.