main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prequel Jedi thoughts.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Hyperion51, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    Simple question. What Jedi from around the time of the prequel trilogy do you think would be worth covering to some extent. Jedi from any of the prequel movies, or any EU Jedi known to be around and active at this time are acceptable. Events into a characters past that would like to be discussed can be before TPM if a character was around before then. In the case of Yoda, Yaddle, and Ikrit, time is not an issue.

2. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    I think by definition any Jedi we know of has been covered to some extent.

3. Bodknocks_

Bodknocks_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 2004
    I think he means covered in depth.

Well, the most obvious one that probably nobody will think to say is... Qui-Gon Jinn!

I'd really like to see where Qui-Gon managed to learn the niffty Force Ghost abillity. The whole dialogue from the ROTS novel opened up a HUGE can of worms with the this Shaman business. I would bet my lightsaber on it being a darn good story, too!

4. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    What about some of the Jedi that are seen specifically in TPM, and then disappear, like Yaddle, Yarael Poof, or Eeth Koth. I've heard some background on Yaddle, and how all three of these characters died, but no real backstory to flesh them out.

5. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Yaddle sacrifices herself in a Jedi Quest book to defuse a bomb.
    Poof dies in either Jango Fett or Zam Wesell one-shot comics.

6. dri-ma-kadi

dri-ma-kadi Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Poof dies in the Zam Wesell comic thing

7. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    try reading what he said, lol, 'i've heard some background on yaddle, and how all three of these characters died, but no real backstory to flesh them out.'

8. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I'll always be waiting for a good Qui-gon Jin/Dooku story. Not some short lil thing, like a real adventure...

Of course, those two don't seem like they had a lot of "adventures". They seem like a more studious pair of Jedi.

9. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Ditto on the Qui-gon/Dooku (though I'm sure they'd screw it up). Add a young Tholme to that and I'd be in heaven.

10. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I'd like to see a Mace in training

11. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yoda - Basically we know little about who he was trained by, all the Jedi he trained, what his early life was like, if he was ever tempted by the dark side. There's around 800 years to cover (and it doesn't have to include what Yoda's species is)

12. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Qui-gon, Dooku,Mace, and Yoda would all be good Jedi to cover more.

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Tholme -- he's freaking awesome, but we never see him unless Quin is up to something. That said, we really need a Quin-Aayla-Tholme novel. That would be sheer awesomeness.

14. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    Anyone.. I like the Clone Wars EU and am sad to see it go to make way for more ambigious graywalking LOTF.

15. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    More like 900 years, minus a couple of decades stuck on Dagobah.

For someone who has been such a key part of the Star Wars universe, Yoda is really the most unknown main character of the whole series. We can find more information on that female Padawan in the Medstar Duology than we can find information on Yoda.

There's enough info on Anakin and Obi-Wan to write a biography for each of them, each one being bigger than biographies of real famous people.

There could be dozens of books created that have Yoda as a main character, or a good supporting character, and they wouldn't even scratch the surface.

16. EwokStromboli

EwokStromboli Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Vergere! [face_chicken]

. . . Nah, just kidding.

17. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    --Yaddle defuses bomb...dies.
    --Poof goes "Ut!"...dies.
    --Koth picks the worst possible LAAT to be on during the Battle of Geonosis...dies.

;)

18. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I have to agree that Yoda would be a good choice. You just have so much room to cover. His early years as a Padawan himself, did he have any love interest, was he ever tempted, what were his trial by fire moments? What were his mistakes and greatest victories? What was it like to train Dooku? Who else did he train? Had he run into any other sith or dark jedi?

I'd especially like to know the answer to that last question cause he clearly knew exactly what he was doing when fighting Dooku and Palp. It certainly looked like that was NOT the first time he took a Force Ligthing attack by the way he dealt with it as easily as he did when fighting Dooku. Which makes me wonder what exactly was combat record like. Then there is the question of what planets and people has he meet? Who influnced him, who did he influnce?

A Dooku, Mace, and Qui-gon focus would be good as well. Dooku and Mace were said to be friends but I believe the ROTS novel points out that Dooku didn't even know what a friend was. I wonder how true that actually is though. What was he like as a kid, growing up and taking on his first student, etc. Mace as he progressed should be very interesting as well. Qui, well we have the Qui/Obi novels but something more indepth would be nice dealing with his past pre-Obiwan.

Getting off topic, I've always wondered if Yoda wished he was taller. As I look at the fight in Episode 3, I get the feeling things would have gone down a LOT differently if Yoda was taller and had more body weight.

19. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    Stover's Dooku makes no sense. But I'll skip my usual rant on that.

Dooku characterization is incredibly inconsistant. Occaisionally two books or comic series, etc., will be -sort of- consistant, like Labyrinth of Evil and Dark Rendezvous, or ROTS and Legacy of the Jedi, but when you look closely there's a lot of major differences. Like RoTS having Dooku go 'lets steal all the children', and developing sudden out-of-the-blue racism. Then you start getting into his bizarre judgement call in Obsession, and the master manipulator of Star Wars Republic.....eh. There's so many ways a Dooku book could go wrong...and fewer ways it could go right.

Mace....I think Mace and Dooku trying to work together would be interesting to see.
    Interesting in that things would blow up inadvertantly and a lot of people would die and they'd probably get into a screaming match in front of the Council before all was done. A real Mace/Dooku duel would also be something to see.

20. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    Tholme is pretty close to the top of my list, and with Tholme there are two more Jedi I would love to see at his side:

T'ra Saa
    Zao

Perhaps the two most underdeveloped Jedi introduced into the Republic story arc, they'ld make the perfect characters to have front and center.

21. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    I'd also love a Tholme/Saa book, but the likelihood of a crossover between the book and comic 'realms' of that magnitude is sadly unlikely, and I don't know what anybody but the Republic team would do with them.

22. Vong_Killer

Aug 22, 2001
    There's plenty of room left in the pre-TPM era to breath in. Any of these stories could take place during this time.

23. Master_Uxi

Master_Uxi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    We could have a series on Yoda. More about Mace would be nice, too. Apprenticeship, Knighthood, and Mastery and all that.

24. Vong_Killer

Aug 22, 2001
    For those of you yearning for some Yoda, TF.N's fan comics section has an incredible story about the green guy at the relativly adolescent age of 75. I HIGHLY suggest checking it out, even though it's not Lucas Liscensed, I'm betting that anyone would agree with me when I say that Yoda: Padawan Jedi is as good a story as some of the best in the EU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.