main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Prequel novels to Episodes VIII and IX???

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Mar 19, 2016.

?

Should there be prequel novels to Episodes VIII and IX???

This poll will close on Mar 19, 2026 at 2:22 PM.
  1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I heard that there was an announcement yesterday for a prequel novel to Rogue One called Catalyst. But I was surprised to hear there were no more announcements for new SW novels like OT3/Ben Solo novels set between ROTJ & TFA or any OT3 novels set any era period classic era or between ROTJ/TFA.

If there is going to be a prequel novel for Rogue One(Catalyst) will there be prequel novels for Episode VIII and IX?? Similar to there being prequel novels for AOTC & ROTS(Episodes II and III). I have heard that Episode VIII will take place almost immediately after TFA with Rey meeting Luke. But will there be an sideline bridge adventures for either the First Order and/or the Resistance? Or perhaps the First Order returning to the Unknown Regions to rebuild a more powerful fleet of warships preparing to strike back at the Resistance and encountering new allies or enemies to challenge them?

If there will be a bridge novel for Episode VIII and most definitely one for Episode IX. The one for VIII will come out likely September/October 2017 since VIII will come out December 15,2017 and the one for IX will likely come out September/October 2019 because IX will most definitely come out Christmas 2019. The one for IX should be interesting because it could be similar to the 1996 Legends novel Shadows of the Empire as both sides prepare for the ultimate galactic showdown space battle with perhaps the construction of Starkiller Base 2.0 in the UR.

2. StarLorrd

StarLorrd Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 18, 2014
    Seriously how many times are you going to make this thread

GFRthree likes this.
  3. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I want there to be more OT3 novels again. I want another major trilogy with the OT3 sometime between ROTJ and TFA before things go dark for them. I want Han to fly the Falcon against enemy fleets(Empire or otherwise) across the galaxy and Luke to fly his X-Wing against enemy fleets too(Empire or otherwise) and Leia go up against enemy fleets(Empire or otherwise) on board a New Republic warship. I want at least the Solos to have adventure or two with Ben before he becomes Kylo Ren.

And I just want to see some interesting TIE-In prequel novels to the future sequels Episodes VIII and IX. But what about Episodes X,XI and XII and especially between Episodes IX and X? Will there be an ongoing series of novels between IX and X or just a few if Episode X comes out as early as 2021?

I also hope to see what the First Order are up to in the Unknown Regions in prequel novels to Episodes VIII and IX or even the Resistance taking the fight to the UR and battling the FO in the UR if it won't be seen in the films. But I think the UR should be the final space battle between the Resistance and the FO among the asteroids and moons of the UR that harvest the dark side.