main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH Prequel Radio Dramas

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yadle, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yadle

Yadle Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2002
    Has anyone heard one way or another if Lucas plans on developing Radio Dramas for the Prequels?

I would assume Brian Daily would do it, if he were still alive.

If there is anyone out there who has never heard the radio dramas, but would like to, I have an extra (burned) copy of the radio dramas. Let me know, and we'll make arrangements to get together.

Scott

2. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    I have not heard anything myself, but I doubt he will do it. Though it would be really cool if he did.

3. jsp2000

jsp2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    Unfortunately, Brian Daley died of cancer in early 1996. He did complete the ROTJ radio drama before he died, but it had so little to offer compared to the ANH and TESB radio dramas that it recieved a fairly poor reception. I seriously doubt another one would ever be produced.

However, working in radio myself, I will say that it would be much easier today, with the widespread availability of digital sound editing tools, for a fan or group of fans to make an excellent radio drama. Perhaps we will see something like that one day.

4. Yadle

Yadle Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2002
    Was it cancer? I thought it was AIDS.

Anyhow, I agree with you that ROTJ was a far cry from the other two. I would hope if they did make a radio drama, the would put the quality of the first two into the new ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.