main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Prequel References in TLJ

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by haterofnone, Dec 14, 2017.

1. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    Does anyone have pics that show when Ben summons his lightsaber into his hand to defend against Luke and when anakin does the same thing in Mustafar control room with Obi wan?

Shaak Ti likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes his name is Kix, but he was only unfrozen from cryo sleep a few months or weeks prior to TFA.

3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I was thinking more of this guy

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Jedi Merkurian and Darkslayer like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh yes Rex very well could have told him.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  5. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014
    “It’s over Anakin, I have the high ground”

Luke has the ultimate high ground in his battle with Kylo.

In TPM, with the help from a podracer that had raced, they are able to leave Tatooine.

In TLJ, with a help of a fathier that had raced, they are able to leave Canto Bight.

In TPM, the slave boy that kept the podracer had a mysterious future ahead of him.

In TLJ, the slave boy that tended the fathier has a mysterious future ahead of him.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s confirmed that they actually aren’t slaves, they are able to leave

7. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    This may seem like a stretch, but I was thinking today about how in the Saga in general when a character (even a Dark Side user who has supposedly embraced this passionate approach to the Force) acts too aggressively, it tends to end poorly. I was thinking Obi-Wan in TPM against Maul, where he was like a Tasmanian Devil out to get Maul, but it didn't work out. Then Maul gets cocky and Obi-Wan gets his revenge, when he has calmed himself, and thought through what he needs to do.

Look at how Kylo behaves in the movie. When he's the MOST calm, even looking like Qui-Gon on his knees just meditating almost, he pulls off killing Snoke. When he gets too agitated and acts on emotion, he confronts phantom Luke and manages to screw up any chance of killing off the last Resistance fighters. As far as ghost Luke, what did Qui-Gon tell Obi-Wan? Focus on the LIVING Force. Sheesh Kylo, not the ghost / phantom Force :p

8. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    How about a Clone Wars mirror. Anakin and Obi Wan are stuck in a blocked up cave slowly dying of poison gas as a gundark chases them and can't get out until Ahsoka rescues them. Similarly the Rebellion is trapped in a blocked up cave as the First Order chases them and can't get out until Rey rescues them.

Padme is holding Anakin's love token, Rey is holding Anakin's lightsaber which was another love token to his wife.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I could see it. Also I like your avatar.

10. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Okay. This thread has been eating itself for a while but I think another two or three gems like this might steer us toward the uncharted waters of Surreal Discussion Board. Maybe even irreal.

Let's all be cautious, please.

EDIT: And I never want to read "Anakin's love token" on this site again. Nor any notion of it being held.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  11. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    LOL Subtext is a killer.
    In comparative mythology we have to remember the part of Osiris that Set made sure would never be found again after he chopped him to pieces. ;)

12. CosmicDust

CosmicDust Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2017
    Finn and Rose on the balcony while watching the fathiers reminded me of the balcony in AOTC, the "I hate sand" one. lol

MrElculver2424 likes this.
  13. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    I'm surprised that in the next sentence, Luke was so blunt about Vader: "It was a Jedi Master who was responsible for the training and creation of Darth Vader." Not sure if I really agree with that; Sidious was the one responsible for the training and creation of Vader. Kenobi allowed it to happen, but didn't make it happen.

Maybe that explains why Kenobi doesn't appear anymore. If Luke thinks of him so poorly, he's probably like "Well, I ain't gonna help him anymore."

ukijedi and Darkslayer like this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "I hate war profiteers. They're coarse and greedy and irritating. And, they get everywhere..."

15. CosmicDust

CosmicDust Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2017
    [​IMG]

16. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Interesting comments. Luke truly thought it at the time, and technically he wasn’t wrong. But I think he humbled himself after Yoda’s words of wisdom. Sure, Obi-Wan tells Anakin that he failed him, and Yoda failed to stop Sidious during his senate encounter. These characters had to live for years with regret. But Luke became a ‘failure’ just as much as they did. He tells Ben “I failed you”. These characters are all flawed but they mean well, and they’re still icons. Their flaws don’t negate all the good they achieved. I think Luke came to terms with that and learned to live with himself.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What a pickup line

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It worked.

In both forms. GFFA ladies have low standards.

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What your saying you would not take someone who admits to murder?

Ugh this joke makes me feel dirty

20. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Murder? Pfft. To be angry is to be human.

21. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    Palpatine: They see your future. They know your power will be too strong to control.

Kylo: He sensed my powers as he senses yours and he feared it.

MJ

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ya I noticed that one to

MarcJordan likes this.
  23. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    How about Rey's tracker and how it gets passes to different characters in a way similar to Anakin's love token being passed to Padme and then showing up later?

I like your Clone Wars parallels.

Here's another one: The Republic attack on the Malevolence and the Resistance attack on the Dreadnaught followed by the First Order chasing the Resistance fleet.

- The Malevolence is the largest ship we see used during the Clone Wars. The Supremacy is the largest ship we've seen in the Sequel Trilogy and all of Star Wars.

- Anakin leads a group of Y-Wing bombers in an attack to destroy the Malevolence. Anakin breaks through the defenses of the huge war ship but calls off the attack when Ahsoka makes him realize none of the other Y-wings will survive if he continues. This is similar to Poe's attack on the Dreadnaught. The Resistance fighters and bombers receive similar casualties to the Clone Wars Y-Wings but Poe does not call of the attack

- Anakin can't destroy the Malevolence, but manages to permanently knock out it's super weapon and damages it's Hyper Drive preventing a quick escaping into Hyper Space. Malevolance has to run away at sub-light speed with a Republic Fleet of Star Destroyers pursuing it. The Republic Fleet bombards the Malevolance but the huge war ship is too big for them to do much damage quickly. It becomes a long distance race through space. But the real race isn't about distance, it's time. Can the Republic fleet inflict enough damage to destroy the Malevolence before it's Hyper Drive is repaired?

The First Order fleet is chasing four Resistance ships. The Resistance ships are too far out of range and well shielded for the First Order to destroy them. The Resistance Fleet can't jump into hyperspace because the First Order can follow them. It becomes a race over a long distance that comes down to time. Can the Resistance Fleet travel far enough to reach an old Rebel Base and abandon ship undetected to hide? Or will they run out of fuel and have the First Order over take them?

- Padme Amidala's shuttle come out of Hyper Space early and she is taken hostage aboard the Malevolence. Rey is dropped off by the Millenium Falcon and taken prison onboard the Supremacy.

- Anakin Skywalker and Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi secretly boarded the Malevolence to rescue Padme. Finn, Rose, BB-8, and DJ secretly board the Malevolence to disable the Hyperspace Tracker.

- Prior to escaping the ship Anakin Skywalker tampered with Malevolance's navicomputer. The sabotaged navicomputer caused the Malevolence to crash into the Dead Moon of Antar when it attempted to jump to hyperspace. Admiral Holdo rams the Resistance Star Cruiser Raddus into the Supremacy at Hyperspeed causing substantial damage to the entire First Order Fleet.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I thought the malovelence never jumped to hyperspace

25. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    And please don't misconstrue this as me trying to regulate anything. I'm just jealous.