main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Prequel to 'The Final Knights' Callista/Luke quick fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedi2187leia, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi2187leia

jedi2187leia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    Title: Prequel to ?The Final Knights?
    Author: Jedi2187leia
    Timeframe: Immediately after 'Journey's End'
    Characters: Luke Skywalker, Callista, the Iron Knights
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Summary: Prologue to the conclusion of my Callie-Luke fanfic
    Disclaimer: Everything you see here that isn't attributed to other parties is copyright ©, ?, and etc George Lucas and Lucasfilm. Callista created by Barbara Hambly (yay!) and may not be reproduced or rebroadcast without their explicit consent (or possibly the express written consent of Major League Baseball, but we doubt it).
    Author's Notes: Dedicated to the Callista fans that have kept the love alive since 1994; go Team Callistars!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

Fifteen years before the Clone Wars...

Four of the nine moons of Chad III were visible that night. A transport ark sat stationary in the calm waters of the ocean. As the moonlight shone down upon the lonely vessel, its light did not go unnoticed by the two figures that sat atop the roof.

An older man, just barely in his forties, rubbed the stubble of his chin and pondered about the drive tomorrow, hoping that the cattle can make the last stretch of the journey with minimal rest. The ocean wind wrapped his body with the mist of the lapping waves and the warm air of the night. Even with the near knee-high boots, his feet still felt soggy.

So eager to go home, even to his second wife, who was no doubt ready to bombard him with questions of insecurity and where this marriage was going.

But those fears melted away as he looked down at his traveling companion. Just turned ten a few days ago, her energy and enthusiasm of helping her father gave him the extra boost to help him focus more on the job. Flowing, malt brown hair with soft curls danced in the wind, her boots clunked against the outer hull while she finished her rootstick snack.

She is destined for a future without me, something greater than this, he thought as he placed his arm around her in pride.

She sensed her dad was thinking about her again, even when he wasn?t in the same room with her. She looked up, her grey eyes meeting his. She simply smiled his way, then went back to polishing off her snack. After wiping any trace of crumbs from her lips, she looked up again.

?Papa??

?Yes Callie??

?Are you happy??

There it is again. She can also sense his mood and emotions better than his spouse. They?ve talked about this before, and every time, his answer differed slightly than the last.

?I am content, which is more than what a lot of people have.?

?You miss Mama??

?Every day, sweetie. But I look at you, and I see her, and I know that she?ll always be with us.?

Callista looked out at the nearest moon above, ?Do you think she?s with the Force??
    This again, too. Never an easy subject.

?Mmmm...maybe. Your mom had a gift for it, but never followed it through. Who knows? Maybe she?s here with us right now, but we just don?t know it.?

Callista placed her left hand on her dad?s leg. ?I don?t want you to go, either.?

He smiled as he looked at her, ?Don?t worry, baby. I?ll be around for a long time.?

The night wind started to pick up a bit. Callista closed her eyes. Warm, safe, content.

When she reopened them, years had passed. She stood at an exit gate at the loading platform, not too far from the farm. Her dad and her other uncle was there, standing in front of her with both pride and sadness in their expression. She noticed her Uncle Dro was absent, but someone had to stay behind to keep her stepmother company.

She glanced to her left. Geith was there, holding both their carrybags and waiting patiently. She gave him a reassuring smile, then went over and gave both older men a long hug. Warm tears started to build in her eyes, as she finally released her embrace on two people that meant so much to her.

?Ping me if you change yo

2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Nice job! I like how you segue from one episode to the next one so easily.

3. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Thanks! I wanted a proper link between the previous story and the one that's about to come out. Stay tuned!

4. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    Great work, Steve!! I always like your take on the L/C relationship, and Callista's character especially!

But then, you knew that. ;)

5. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    It's very rare, in most Callie fics, that we never get a glimpse of her life before joining the Jedi. It's nice to peek back in their history to see who influenced our favorite characters as they grew up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.