main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Prequel Trilogy MUSIC

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth Downunder, Sep 7, 2015.

1. FilmScoreMedia

FilmScoreMedia Jedi Knight

Oct 11, 2015
    No problem! :D
    And you can probably still find them somewhere on forums.ffshrine.org, not sure of the specific thread though, or if the links are still up.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Your channel is incredible, FilmScoreMedia. I echo the others for thanking you for the great work and sharing it with us.

3. FilmScoreMedia

Oct 11, 2015
    My pleasure! :D

Subtext Mining likes this.
  4. FilmScoreMedia

Oct 11, 2015
    I'll be updating "Palpatine's Plotting", probably today, as more material has surfaced since I first uploaded my current version. Unfortunately it'll have to be an isolated mix, as the original middle section has never surfaced in any of the games or films. I only have a rough MIDI mockup version of it.

Subtext Mining likes this.
  5. JediKnight234

JediKnight234 Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2017

BATTLE OF THE HEROES (anakin vs obi wan)
    DUEL OF THE FATES (qui gon jinn and obi wan vs darth maul)
    obi wan vs grievous soundtrack
    binary sunset

6. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    FSM has now posted a 'complete score' for most of the Prequel Trilogy. For AOTC and ROTS, this covers practically all the unreleased music, and expands most of the released tracks too.

As for TPM, FSM's tracks have been re-edited to match the original compostions of the tracks, not the film edit, as the Ultimate Edition soundtrack did, and also includes many alternate takes of tracks. Additionally, most of the tracks now have clean openings and endings, instead of crossfading into one another directly as on the UE.

Also of interest, are 2 AOTC tracks, Visiting the Prime Minister and Finding the Conveyor Belt, which reconstruct parts of the score not available from any other source (videogames, bluray rips, etc.) using digital instruments based off the original sheet music.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  7. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    I love the PT themes

8. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Some recent FSM reconstruction tracks, covering previously unreleased music that isn't present in either video games, or the films in any extractable way, recreated digitally:

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  9. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I love the music that Williams composed for the Prequel Trilogy. Here, Maggie mentions her love for the scores of TPM and AOTC.

She's correct that society has hasn't talked about Williams' scores for the PT as much has the CT. We Star Wars fans may love them, but you don't hear about them that much. Duel of the Fates and Across the Stars are wonderful, and ROTS has many good moments.

Here, Samuel Kim does his own version of Grievous' theme from ROTS.

Here, Kim combines Hans Zimmer's Davy Jones theme with Duel of the Fates, and they go together surprisingly well.

10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    @FilmScoreMedia Do you know why the music that plays when Anakin arrives at the opera house is called, “Palpatine’s TV Set”?

Mystery Roach likes this.
  11. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Williams’ cue titles tend to be more bluntly descriptive than OST titles. Since Palpatine’s TV Set is a source cue (ie. Diegetic music that can be heard by the characters) the title simply refers to a basic overview of where the music is coming from. Rather than calling the cue ‘Palpatine’s Ocean Bubble Opera’, Williams went with the more prosaic TV set, since he’s just essentially just watching a big effects display.

It could also be a reference to the fact that the scene was shot with Ian McDiarmid facing a green screen, so Williams possibly scored the scene to an edit before the CG was added, so didn’t want to overly describe something he couldn’t visualise.

Compare to Jabba’s Baroque Recital or Mos Espa Street Band for example as some other simple descriptors as cue titles.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    Mystery Roach and Watcherwithin like this.
  12. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    This is kind of an amazing coincidence. I found this thread just so I could ask a question about this insignificant little cue, and lo and behold it was the very last thing discussed.

13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's that way on the "Superman Blue Boxset", for the sequels.

14. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    The scores are the best thing about the prequels. Very much underrated too in comparison to Williams other work.

Happy Sando likes this.