main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prequel Trilogy Special Editions

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    So, what if instead of making changes to the OT to make them fit in better with the PT, Lucas changed the PT to make them fit in better with the OT?

This thread is intended to be open to all sorts of changes, from serious continuity-related issues to facetious parodies of the OT changes (i.e. "have the droid ship core shoot first at Anakin") to downright smart-alecky comments like "make it less sucky" or "digitally replace Jar-Jar with air."

To start off, what WOULD be the best way to replace Jar-Jar? I think that given his CG nature, it would not be too difficult to replace him with a less comical model. And then perhaps with a different voice/dialect, he could work as a decent character.

We've all heard talk of replacing the TPM Yoda puppet with a CGI Yoda. Given that CGI has become even more advanced in the past six years, does anyone think it would be worth the effort to do a general clean-up of the CGI effects? Certain shots are particularly phony-looking, and could definitely stand some revamping, IMHO.

Strilo edit: Actually, we have individual threads for each film. TPM here and AOTC here.

2. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    -At random, have Lando Calrissian fly the Falcon around saying "Yee haw" & "Come on Han old buddy don't let me down".

Really all I would add to the prequels (TPM &/or AOTC) would be a scene or two with Obi-Wan and Padme connecting so when she is hellbent on saving him in AOTC, it doesn't feel forced.

-A longer lightsaber duel in AOTC.

-Have Padme still wearing the necklace in AOTC that Ani gave her.

-Make Shaak Ti a human, the actress that plays her is a real hottie.

-A mud wrestling match between Aayla Secura and Shaak Ti. ;)

-Anakin slaughtering the Gungans & Ewoks(that would explain why they won in ROTJ, they hold an awful grudge and want to pay him back) ;)

3. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Well, yes, there's some stuff in the coruscant speeder chase that looks like it needs a redo. i mean, you can't expect your audience to be wowed by the podrace and then watch poorly animate cgi models in the next installment. That's just bad showmanship.

I'd insert a few things too if it were up to me. How about some conversation between padme and Anakin haaving the two discuss how impressed she was with his podracing abilities and maybe some about Anakin being the best pilot in the order at such a young age. Something about who they are, their goals, their ambitions, not just "I want you so bad." "No, you fool we're not supposed to be together." It's clear he can fly, but is he the best? Just to draw the episodes together more instead of just "I remember you. how's it going? Doing jedi stuff... that's good. I try to name birds sometimes...."

Replace Jar Jar with a bucket of pudding.

NOT ENOUGH DEWBACKS. How many times do I have to say it. DEWBACKS ARE ESSENTIAL TO THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE. I can't even remember seeing one in AOtc. Insert a few in the background and have them growling or yawning or whatever they do.

Insert the lost twenty scene, AND padme's family beacause padme looks HOT in that scene and it's the best acted part of the movie that takes place on naboo.

Actually make Naboo into Alderaan and turn the alderaan people's weapons into stun guns or something harmless like that. They have no army anyway. It would make pretty good sense. Then when we and all the characters see a planet we were familiar with blow up, it'll have more of an impact. Yes, you must agree with me.

Dooku in TPM, hell yes.

Make Mace's saber blue or green. Purple is distracting and very ugly.

Remove the Changeling nonsense. It's straight out of star trek.

Less talking, more action. "I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.