main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Prequels VS Classic Trilogy~

Discussion in 'Archive: Slavic Countries General Discussion' started by Amon_Amarth, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Touchy subject, isn't it?!
    Many belive OT is only true Star Wars, but others embrace the story of the entire saga.
    Any opinions on this?

2. Darth_Fizyk

Darth_Fizyk Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2003
    Star Wars is Star Wars :D
    We have entire saga, all six epizodes, Clone Wars mini series (besiads last series :p I've heard It's incompatible with labirynth of Evil) , books, comic books, and games :)

3. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I agree. As a SW fan I love everythig SW.
    I try to see and read everything connected with it. Unfortunately, you don't have much of the Star Wars material here. :( Croatia is a small country and there isn't much SW fans. What makes me the sadest is the fact I haven't seen any of the Clone Wars episodes. Well, I'll buy a DVD as soon as I find one.

4. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    Yeah.. I uderstand... two years ag, i thougth, that in Poland were few fans...
    You just have to search :)
    And about Clone Wars, try to find it somwhere on the web, it should be somewhere there :)
    It should be released in region 2 in few days, but Polish distributor won't distribute it in Poland :(

5. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I can order the DVD from some megastore or a bookshop in Zagreb (capital) and they will order it from wherever, but it will pass at least 4 or 5 weeks before it arrives.
    Well, next year I'll go to England again and buy a lots of SW books and other collectable stuff.
    *sighs*

6. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    lol, England sucks for it, unless you go to Forbidden Planet up in London.

I like most of it, but I didn't think the prequels measured up to the OT.

7. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I was in Forbidden Planet store when I was in London last summer. I bought a mug with Chewbacca's picture on it.
    :D

8. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    Original Trilogy is amazing...and original. It is an evergreen classic, truly great films. I kind of liked Prequel Trilogy more. Maybe becouse I'm an A&P fan. :)
    Anyways, I belive both trilogies should be respected and not bashed by anyone!

9. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Another JCer who respects both OT and the PT...
    duh!
    When I was creating this thread, I was hoping for some fiery discussions... :( :p
    Oh, well! :p

10. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    Why? It is nice when people agree with stuff like this. We wouldn't be Star Waes fans if we do not like both Trilogies.

11. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Ah, I see you are totaly new here. What you say is true, people should respect both trilogies becouse they are both parts of the Star Wars saga.
    However, there are a lot of bashers who hate PT and bash it all the time. So, don't be surprised when you see that kind of posters here on TF.N.

I myself, belive that both PT and OT are very valuable. I also belive that EU (Expanded Universe) is also a part of Star Wars universe.

12. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    I've read some books of the EU, but I admit I don't know a lot about it. And I would like to find out. Can anyone tell me where can I go to learn more about EU?

Oh, yes, I know that a lot of people dislikes Attack of the Clones, but I didn't think they would go and bash it...

13. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
  14. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    Thanks, Amarth. Found it.
    Can you tell me who is Revan? Isn't that some guy from a videogame. Some Knights, I belive. My ex boyfriend played it all the time...

15. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Yes, Darth Revan belongs to Expanded Universe ~ Knights of the Old Republic game, or just KOTOR. The story In KOTOR is very complicated. It has a plot soemthing like "I'm your fathee" from ESB. There are all classic, good old Star Wars elements there, but it happens 4000 years before the Battle of the Naboo.
    I won't tell you more, becouse it would spoil the game a lot, is you decide to play it one day.

16. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    Well, I try to play the game then. My ex boyfriend will probably borrow me the game CDs... I don't plan to buy it and then see that it is too difficult for me. The only adventure game I played so far is Jedi Academy, but with the help of cheats an codes... ;)

Amarth, you should call this place Prequels vs Classic Trilogy vs Expanded Universe. :p

17. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Yeah, I should have, but I didn't know discussion would be going in this direction.

18. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    Or better call it Star Wars=Prequels+Old trilogy+Expanded Universe? ;)

19. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    Well from the three my favourites are Prequels.

20. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    As I said, I love everything Star Wars. But the best best thing in my opinion is Return of the Jedi.

21. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    For me RotJ too... but also Stovers books :)

22. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    My fav SW books:
    Labyrinth of Evil
    Star by Star
    The approaching storm

Best EU ~ Knights of the Old Republic
    (proud member of Darth Revan fan club :p )

23. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    for me... han Solo's adventures,
    lando's adventures,
    Jedi Academy trilogy
    labirynth of Evil, Revenge of the Sith, Shatterpoint, Medstar duology, Traitor ;)

24. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    There are Jedi Academy books?

I played the game, but I didn't know there were books...

25. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I've heard that they are great, but I've never read them.
    I also played Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. It's not bad. Pretty good story, all in all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.