main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Prequels VS Classic Trilogy~

Discussion in 'Archive: Slavic Countries General Discussion' started by Amon_Amarth, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Fizyk

Darth_Fizyk Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2003
    Well... Jedi Academy trilogy was written by Kevin J. Anderson. It's about starting the Academy on thee 4th moon of Yavin, where Rebels had their hiddden base in the year of rebelion. And thousands years ago, there was also capital of Exar Kun during Sith Wars ;). those trilogy is also about new Jedi's dealings with Exar's ghost :)

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I'll take it then, due to your icon, that you favourite character is Exar Kun. ;)

3. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    Amarth said this discussion would be better here than in her Revenge forum, so...

Are any A&P love story fans here? Or to ask differently, did you like the story from the Prequels?

4. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I am not a fan, but I don't hold any grudges against this love story, like the most of people here. As I said, it is the medieval elements that are makin this love story ok. There are some scenes that are...well like the (in)famous fireplace scene... but most of them are ok...SW style.
    So, however mushy A&P story may be, it is Star Wars and should nt be bashed, but excepted as such.

5. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    Yes Amon, he is one of my favorite characters ;)

And Darthana, I;'m not fan of A&P story, but I like prequels' tale :)

6. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I there any other EU except Jedy Academy where I could find something about Exar Kun. There is a whole story about him in the KOTOR, but I'd like to find out more about him.

7. Jedi_Orion

Jedi_Orion Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2004
    I think he's mentioned in some KOTOR era comic books. NOt sure which ones though. Better check TFN's ultimate timeline (The books section, if I recall).

8. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    So, what do you think of the Prewquels, Orion?

9. Jedi_Orion

Jedi_Orion Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2004
    Overall story is great. The plot and everything. However, Lucas' pride about him writing the whole thing (namely, the scripts) ruined most of the films. Episode I & II had bad dialogue. Episode 3 on the other hand, wasn't that bad, but was instead butchered by Ben Burtt, the chief editor. They FINALY make a great prequel and they screw it all up by cuting the film, just so he doesn't last more than two and a half hours. It got the impression that some 5 y.o. kid edited the movie. Overall, the OT is still my favorite.

10. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    Exar Kun has his own tale in the tales of the Jedi comic books series, search for the Sith Wars, about 4000 years before Battle of Yavin (that one between rebels and the Empire, becaouse, there was another battle of yavin, between Republic, and Kun's forces ;) )

11. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    I knew Exar Kun was somehow familiar name!
    My ex used to play that K.O.T.O.R. game with aoem armour of Exar Kun. I didn't know there was a whole story about this guy.

12. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    Yes, ther is. It's even older, than KotOR, which besiades is only partly canonic ;)
    Search for the Tales of the Jedi comic books series :)

13. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    Thanks, I'll try to find comics on the net.
    And I have to start playing this K.O.T.O.R. ;)

14. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    And remember... there is also comic books series named as Knights of the Old Republic ;-)

15. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I've heard about KOTOR comics, but I heard it was about the Great Hunt, some 50 years before real KOTOR story.

16. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    I hate when I don't understand anything!!! What is a great hunt?

17. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    Good topic, whoever posted it. I was always discussed this matter with my friends. I belive Classic Trilogy is the best; one true Star Wars. Prequels are ok, but they are just not the same. They miss humor of CT. They miss something old. They need...70s. :D ;) ;)

I enjoy Expanded Universe when I find books and comics, becouse here they are really rare.
    I played almost every Star Wars video game and KOTOR 1 & are the best of them all. The best story of entire Expanded Universe, as I see it.

Ana, dear, the Great Hunt happened some 50 years before KOTOR, in time of Exar Kun, if I am not mistaken. Many Jedis were sent across the galaxy, but many were lost in those dark times. Fell into the hands of the Dark Side, or just vanished, like the Jedi couple whose traces Revan found in a cave on Korriban. Those were times of grave dangers, like Tengertanek beasts and many other creatures. To quote Hagrid: "Dark times, harry, dark times..."

KOTOR rocks!!! Any questions, feel free to ask. :)

18. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    Thanks for explanation, Igor. Please, come to my place tomorrow an install tis game everyone is so crazy about (k.o.t.o.r.), I want to see what is the big deal.

19. Deciple_of_Malak

Jul 10, 2005
    OK, I'llbe there. I really want to see how many years will you need to pass the game... :p ;)

20. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    It should be in a incersly order. The game is about 50 years after real KotOR story, and was realised about 10 years after ;) comic books are from 1993-1994 :)

21. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Oh. I didn't now that until now. So real KOTOR would be Exar Kun, then...

22. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    Yep, Exar kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, Nomi Sunrider, master Thon etc. :)

23. Deciple_of_Malak

Jul 10, 2005
    Ulic Qel-Droma robes from that cave on Korriban rocks.
    5 defence plus additional bonuses... just lovely. :D

24. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    So, Darthana, have you started playing KOTOR yet?

25. Deciple_of_Malak

Jul 10, 2005
    I installed it no her computer last weekend. But knowing Ana, we'll probably be able to dicuss the full KOTOR story with her in a year or so. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.