main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ~Prescription for Love~ Han response to Dark Lords Council challenge HUMOR IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by HanSoloIsSoCute, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSoloIsSoCute

HanSoloIsSoCute Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2005
    Title: Prescription for Love
    Author: Jasmine Larson
    Genre: Romance/humor
    Timeframe: During the Han Solo series, Bria has left Han and he is still working for the Hutts in The Corporate Sector. This is a few years before A New Hope.
    Rating: PG
    Characters: Han Solo, Dr. Elliot (my OC), Chewbacca, an annoying receptionist (also my OC). There is a brief mention of Skinny & Moe. If you wanna know more about them, click here.
    Summary: This was a challenge given to me by my Master, Jaina_Solo_15. Captain Han Solo gets sick and falls for his Doctor, the lovely Dr. Elliot. But, what?s this? A girl who doesn?t swoon at the sight of him? Read it. You know you want to.
    Disclaimer: I don?t own Star Wars. But I do own Dr. Elliot and Skinny. MoeTharen (my sister) owns Moe Tharen.

Challenge:

1. Your fic must include a Captain and a Doctor. However, they don't have to be the central characters of the fic.

2. It's February...we all know what that means...Valentine's Day! That means that some form of Love or Romance is a requirement. It can be unrequited love, destroyed love, whatever, but there must be some kind of love.

3. This challenge is open to any fandom, crossovers, or original fiction. Just put a note at the beginning of the fic stating which one it is.

4. Please keep all fics under 2,500 words.

5. All fics must be linked back to this thread to participate in the competition!

6. This Challenge will run from today, January 25th, until February 28th!

Determining The Winner:

The winner will be determined by a vote. All members of the DLC (as well as the authors of the fics) will be allowed to vote on their favorite stories. There will be no voting by sock, no voting for yourself.

The voting period will be from March 1st until March 10th. Votes will be talled and the winner and runners up will be announced.

And The Prize Is:

A custom sig graphic and bragging rights!

~*~*~*~*~*~
    Captain Han Solo stared at the ceiling and moaned. He was miserable. Last night?s party was not a good idea. This was not any normal hangover. It was a Hangover Plus. This was a six-pack of Corellian ale, gun fight, fist fight, drugs he had never seen before, and a table dance hangover. He buried his hands in his tousled hair, and then looked up at the whine from the kitchen and smiled.

?You can come out now Chewie,? Han chuckled, watching as the Wookiee wedged his tall frame further inside the small cupboard.

*Are the strange women without shirts gone?* Chewie asked, his voice a terrified whimper.

?Yes, unfortunately,? Han smirked.

Chewie growled and clambered out, shaking his fur and cracking his neck. *I did not like them.*

?I did.? Han said matter-of-factly.

*Naturally.* Chewie said, wincing as he popped a bone back in place. *You like anything that is female, human, and lacking in clothes. You are pathetic.*

?Right,? Han said, not sure what he was agreeing to. He was too busy with the intense pain centered on his temples. He closed his eyes tight and stood up, his hand hurrying to steady him as the rush of dizziness hit him. ?Oh for the love of--?

*Ahem.* Chewie growled, indicating Han had better not finish that sentence.

Han glared at the hairy beast. ?You spend too much time with Moe Tharen.? he stated, grimly remembering the girl. He didn't mind her much, it was her friend Skinny that made him want to pull his hair out. But Moe did have the worst tendency to beat the shavit out of him if he said shavit.

*And what if I do?* Chewie countered, setting about cleaning the apartment. *Fine girl, good standards. I like her. You do too.*

?Yeah, yeah.? Han muttered, not even trying to argue this time. ?But she doesn?t return the favor.? Han pointed out, searching for his pants. Did he lose them in the table dance too? He was amazed at how many clothes he managed to lose at parti

2. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Muahahaha. Of course Han will never get a classy woman! ;) - But his BLASTER? His DL-44 Custom-made baby? :eek:

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Very cute.

I loved the way Chewbacca "mommied" Han.

Nice job

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Nicely done, I enjoyed how Chewie 'mothered' Han as well. [face_laugh]

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    HSISC, I think this is my favorite of the ones you've done. The characterization was so on for Han and Chewie was hilarious mommying his captain. Great last bit.

6. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    This was hilarious! I loved the way Chewie "mommied" Han, and we all know Han goes for the intelligent ones... [face_laugh]

Oh, the title says "Perscription", the word is "Prescription." I think it was a transposition!

Keep on writing! [:D]

7. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    ?No!?

*Yes.*

?NO!!?

*YES.*

?No.?

Go, Chewie! I loved the mommying. I think that's a general consensus here. Good job! =D=

8. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Aw, people still like messa! [:D]

PonyTricks Yeah, do you think a classy woman and a guy like Han? Naw. ;) And I'm sure he got another blaster, a better one.

KELIA Aw thanks, you're such a faithful reader! [:D] I had hoped the 'mothering' would go over well. :D

Healer_Leona Aw right! A mod! :D Me feels special. [face_dancing]Thanks so much for stopping by, I'm pleased you enjoyed it! :D

DarthIshtar Your favorite? Cool! I must be getting better. :cool: You think it sounded like Han? Great! I've been studying his character more as of late, it seems to be paying off! :D Thanks so much!

dm1 Aw thanks. [face_blush] Yeah, Han always likes the intelligent ones but they don't like him back do thay? ;) Thanks for pointing out the "Prescription" problem, kriffin' Mircosoft Word. [face_frustrated]

Luna_Nightshade Thanks! :D I'm glad you liked that exchange, my sister is STILL laughing. :rolleyes: Hey, are you an OC writer? 'Cause Luna Nightshade would make a REALLY good OC name. ;)

Jasmine @};-

9. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    Yeah I really liked it. You got Han down perfect

10. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Thanks kimmi! :D I'm so glad you think so, he is my fave character, if I didn't write him right I would never forgive myself! ;)

Jasmine @};-

11. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    hehehehe I read this on the DLC and I loved it glad to see it here!

12. Just-Plain-Shmi

Just-Plain-Shmi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    Very cute and funny! [face_laugh]

13. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Guess what everyone!!! Remember the challenge I mentioned at the begining of this fic?? Well...........MESA WON!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Click here to see the custom sig that was created by my Master with the title of this story on it! (just scroll down to almost the bottom to see where they announce the winner) And now, mesa has bragging rights!!! *does happy dances until I hyperventilate*

Alishu06 Aw thanks, the DLC rocks! :D I'm so glad you liked it, I still can't believe I won! I NEVER win ANYTHING!

Just-Plain-Shmi Thanks, I'm glad you think so! I like your siggy, it is so true. :)

Jasmine @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.