main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Preston Rodeo Days Parade July 31

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by jedi5150, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi gang,
    The Preston Parade is on July 31 this year. Those of you that went last year will remember how much fun it was. The Alpine Garrison will be appearing again, with their new and improved float I'm sure. There will be a BBQ before the parade at Shane's house.

It's about a 2 hour drive to Preston from here. Looks like the Garrison will be there IN FORCE...

I've committed to going, anybody else want to go?

See this thread at the garrison for more info:

http://alpinegarrison.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=770&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Doug

2. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    Just curious, is anyone else planning on going? I could theoretically take 2-3 people with me, and it would sure help the gas bill.....

There is a BBQ at Shane's house before-hand....

I looked at the list of characters that have committed to going, and they need more good guys!

If you want to go, call me and we'll work out the details...

BTW, check out the pics from last year:

http://s90955334.onlinehome.us/ifswa/photogallery/preston-rodeodays-2003/index.htm

Doug

3. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    It sounds like a good time will be had, but I can't go. I have to go do God Mother things the second week of August in Oregon. Also, I am saving up what little vacation time i have left for SLC in October.

4. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    That's cool, October will be a cool deal!

5. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey everyone,
    I'll be down there with you guys, seeing as Barry and I are going to Skywalker Ranch together, we figured it best to meet up, go to Preston, and then head for headquarters from there...
    If there's anything I can help with or bring, or whatever just let me know and I'd be happy to do so.
    Thanks and looking forward to seeing your fanforce in full!

6. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey Casey,
    Actually, you'll be seeing more of the 501st Alpine Garrison than our group, the majority of our fanforce doesn't wish to participate, which is unfortunate.

All members of our club are invited, even if you don't costume and aren't in the parade, come have some food and join the festivities, watch the parade, and take some PICS for us!!!!!

There's lots more info in this thread at the Alpine Garrison, including directions to Shane's house. It will be good to get a Boise FF member introduced to some of the Garrison folk...some of them will be coming to fandemonium I'm sure. Shane (TK1970) has requested that we bring some food to share, check the thread for more. Here's the thread:

http://alpinegarrison.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=770

Folks, this Preston day is a good time! We'll have food, watch fanfilms, see Shane's INCREDIBLE Star Wars room, and then get ready for the parade. The Food starts at 2pm or so, and we line up for the parade at 5:30pm....If you're free for the afternoon, you should come down...I guarantee you'll have a good time, and meet some really cool people!

Doug

7. StarWarsGrammy2

StarWarsGrammy2 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2003
    Hi,
    First of all I just want to say:

Thanks to Shane and Julie and your "Wonderful Family," You "Opened up your home," and made us all feel "Just that: At Home!"

To all of you out there, that could not make it,"You really missed," a "Great day," and "Good food!"

It is just "So Awesome," to see "Real Star Wars Fans, "Dressed as their "Favorite Characters!"

I must say, "I sure had my "Eyes Opened!" There are a lot of really great people out there, that have found that this is just a "Great way, to have fun," and most have made it into a "Family thing!"
    Remember "Families that play together, usually stay together!"

Now, I too am Psyched, and excited to "Get a costume done!"

I would love to see the IFSWF get something going for the "Spud Day Parade!" The people in this area "Need to be woke up to the fact that the "Idaho Falls Star Wars Club," is a good thing and that it is one way to have some "Good clean healthy fun!"
    I would like to see more "Familes get into the club, like what they have in the Utah Group!"
    I think that could happen if we could "Get out of the Rut and off of our duffs," and do more Community outreach stuff!"

This is "Just my opinion." I know I have "Sat back and just let my hubby be involved," but, not anymore I am going to pay dues and "get more involved now!"

Let's all get costumes going!
    Don't let the "Utah Group show us up!"
    I know that "Money is tight for some of us," but don't we are seem to find money, "For whatever we really want?"
    If we all "Work together, we can make the IF Group Great!"

8. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    Holy Quotation marks Batman!!!! ;)

Thanks mom! The Spud Days parade is a good idea..I'll check into that, it'd be cool to get some garrison folk up here for that!

Doug

9. Darth_Sayder

Darth_Sayder Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2004
    When is the Spud day parade? I havent heard of this one.
    And large round of applause to Dougs Mom for that inspirational moment.
    I would say lately, this club has been getting a spark of New Hope, wouldnt you?
    I am hoping to have all of Vader's pieces ready in three weeks, but the suit may not be ready until Sept 1st.
    We definately have a very small window of opertunity to get exposure for the group, otherwise we will be just an afterthought.

10. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    Spud days parade is Sept 18th

I'll start a new thread about the possibility of doing this

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.