main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN Pretending to be new

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by mercsailor, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercsailor

mercsailor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Who knew that when I started this innocent little thread, it would flourish and grow into something totally unlike it's beginnings..

I'm so proud. =)

2. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    We are proud of you too. =D=

3. vaderisone

vaderisone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002
    Congratulations, well done. Keep up the good work.

4. TAUNTAUN_WE

TAUNTAUN_WE Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    ahh...

[image=http://www.chemistry.msu.edu/chem_annex/images/d_Size/dN20060503_51.jpg]

5. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

thanks TW...are you able to get back much?

6. TAUNTAUN_WE

May 23, 2002
    Not since a football game in 2004 - MSU beat Illinois. Actually I take that back, I made a day trip up there in 2005, I believe. We moved to SD in the fall of 2006, so needless to say a trip back now would require a little more planning. :D

7. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    So you are living in San Diego now, what are you doing out there?

Also big game Thursday night, at Wisconsin. I just got clearance from my wife to go to the game on Sunday against IU.

8. ToneLoc

ToneLoc Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    IU since is down the drain...

9. TAUNTAUN_WE

May 23, 2002
    I wish! Actually "SD" = South Dakota.

We'll see...Big Ten (11) tournament starts soon. Although Mike and Mike (ESPN radio) were talking about whether Kelvin Sampson will get another coaching job.

10. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    Just got done reading some insider info about bball tonight and it appears, just like clock work, Izzo is getting his team ready for the March run. Games at Wisconsin and IU at home in the next 5 days will show how far this team has come in the last couple of weeks.

All TW...football recruiting for 2009 is early but MSU has 3 solid verbals from state of MI. One is going to be one of the top 5 running backs in the country. The Big Green Machine is starting to role baby.

11. TAUNTAUN_WE

May 23, 2002
    [face_whistling]...on the banks of the Red Cedar...[face_whistling]

I was a little unsure of how solid the footing would be on Mark Dantonio's tenure when they had all the trouble a few months back with the "unarmed robbery" charges against SirDarean Adams, T.J. Williams, and Jeremy Ware. But it was nice to see them uphold academics by benching four players who were academically ineligible for the bowl game (vs. finding out a couple years from now about NCAA violations for covering up academically-ineligible players). I don't know if we'll be smelling roses in Jan 2009, but maybe 2010? Ohio State will be a perennial threat to win the Big 11 Ten, but I look for UMich to sink like a stone under R-Rod. That "he said, they said" mess in the wake of his departure from WVU was an embarassment to college football, and that's saying something.

12. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    uh, er,

GO I.U.

Bassett's 23 Points Lead Hoosiers Past Ohio State, 72-69

13. ToneLoc

May 16, 2002
    I hope IU wins, but they are not playing very good right after the departure of Coach Kelvin Sampson.

argh..

14. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    IU will be okay, need Bassette (sp?) to keep playing well and they could make some serious noise in the tournament.

15. TAUNTAUN_WE

May 23, 2002
    Yes, I agree IU will be a tough customer come tourney time - both the Big Ten tourney, and the NCAA. They overcame their little soap opera re: walking out on the program in the wake of Sampson's firing, and if they can keep their focus they should make some noise.

16. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    But not to look ahead, how about Wisconsin tonight. I feel like we are starting to get it together. Need to keep the turnovers under 10, if that happens I think we win. A win tonight and Sunday starts to get the National Medial looking at MSU again.

17. TAUNTAUN_WE

May 23, 2002
    Game over as of this writing...Wisconsin 57, MSU 42. Leaves the Spartans at fourth in the conference, behind the Badgers, Hoosiers, and Boilermakers.

If nothing changes, I think MSU and Ohio St would meet in the Big Ten tourney, as #4 and #5 seeds, respectively. Whatever happens, I just hope the Big Ten fares well in the NCAA tournament, just to save face nationally since so many seem to think we are a weak football conference.

18. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

I was disappointed last night, but Wisconsin played a great game and Neitzel had trouble getting open and when he was he couldn't shoot. Still plenty of hoops to go.

19. TAUNTAUN_WE

May 23, 2002
    VIO, it appears the Spartans do have some life left in them:

Michigan State 103, Indiana 74

"March is a great time at Michigan State and we're going to try to make it a special month," coach Tom Izzo said.

20. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    I watched the first 5 minutes of this game.

Simple put, IU was crushed from the very begining,

21. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    Great day in our home, even my oldest (5), was hooting and hollering with his dad today. This team is a riddle, and not sure what we will see for the next few months but today was one to enjoy. Also great for the seniors. Both of whom are Academic All Americans.

22. mercsailor

mercsailor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Watching that game did not make my birthday fun. There's just something about MSU that I just can't like..

It couldn't be having had worked at UofM...

23. ToneLoc

May 16, 2002
    IU would be lucky if they make it out of the first round of the NCAA tourney.

This thread just got hijacked by NCAA Basketball.

24. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005

I agree about the hihacking:)

oh, and also about IU....as I think they fired (got him to resign?)

Ed

Just preteneding:D

25. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    TRAITOR........

alright Merc, we do not speak of the "school who should not be named" as it is a hideous name that causes nausea to even speak it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.