main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Pretty big spoiler in the new poster...

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Big Bad Yoda Daddy, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Just FYI. I was surprised that they would include something that big in the poster, you may want to avert your eyes if you're staying totally virgin.

jedi9617, Dewback and ChewieWe'reHome like this.
  2. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015
    Haha it's funny because everyone that's seen it (myself included) knows exactly what you're talking about. I too was surprised that they included it.

B99 and Dewback like this.
  3. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I had been and I'm upset. I couldn't even avoid it as it was posted on Facebook right at the top of my feed.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm sorry, but... what spoiler is that? I don't see anything that hasn't been shown before :confused:

EDIT: I think I need a seeing-eye dog...

5. ChewieWe'reHome

Aug 25, 2015

Top-right corner.

6. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Is this a new poster, or the one that's been out a while?

7. ChewieWe'reHome

Aug 25, 2015

It was unveiled less than an hour and a half ago.

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yup. Hence the seeing-eye dog :p
    Didn't see it until my roommate pointed it out to me.

Wally44 likes this.
  9. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    ... it is not too spoiler-ish in my opinion. The original star wars poster had the Death Star . For myself, I am not too worried; heck, I still don't even know the character's names. I think I referred to the lead female character as a "young lady" in some other thread; I'm apparently referring to her as the "lead female character" here. Although I did stumble upon the name of the organization of the antagonists in the film while glancing at some of the new toys that have been released.

10. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    Yeah, but since it's something we've seen before, it's equivalent (to my relatively spoiler-free eyes) to seeing a clone of Palpatine in the poster.

Obi-Wan Catnobi likes this.
  11. Darth Kermit

Darth Kermit Jedi Knight

Oct 22, 2013
    Very annoying. Also very worrying about what it means for the film plot as a whole. I'm spoiler free so far apart from what is it the poster, so this is pretty big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  12. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    It could be, that this isn't as big a spoiler as we might think. I guess tomorrow's (or the day after tomorrow's, if your in this timezone) trailer might shed some light here.

Anyway, I must say that I love the poster. Absolutely beautiful!

EHT likes this.
  13. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

Well, unless that's much smaller and attached to something else, I don't see how it isn't what we think it is.
    But yeah, the poster is gorgeous, and I can't stop staring.

Skellybobs likes this.
  14. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    We'll just have to wait and see. Two months left! :)

Skellybobs and Pensivia like this.
  15. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    Going into speculative territory here, but the wider version of the poster at (http://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...ter-first-look-in-theater-exclusives-and-more ) seems to show that it clearly is no moon, its a <finish the quote here> .

Still, I will say that it will be next to impossible to bump into the additional information in the next couple of months. When I stumbled upon the toys, I was at a bookstore, the last place that I expected to see a bunch of guys dressed up as stormtroopers and the Star Wars toys.

16. ChewieWe'reHome

Aug 25, 2015
    While we're on the general topic of the poster, if I had to nitpick anything it'd be who's the center. I have no problem with the character him/herself, but the pose is.... odd. I feel like I'd be more inclined to judge if it wasn't a Star Wars poster. Even still,that's the only thing kind of distracting me from the overall beauty of it. It's definitely gorgeous.

Darth Kermit likes this.
  17. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I will chime in and say, although I love the poster, I also was a bit bummed to see this "spoiler" that is being referenced here. I don't dislike the idea, although I did laugh abit at the irony when I saw it (those who know what it is know what I'm referring to I'll bet), but I would've rather not seen it until I finally watch the film. That would've been a much more enjoyable reveal!

Oh well, hopefully them deciding THIS was okay to see is evidence that there's plenty of other great things to reveal that we don't even know about!

Dewback likes this.
  18. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm missing something I guess???
    Guess that's a good thing..

19. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

Something in the top right corner.
    It's no moon...

B99 likes this.
  20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Oh THAT!

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Knowing JJ Abrams, it's probably a...

[​IMG]

Dewback, Poor Greedo and DARTH_BELO like this.
  22. Darth Kermit

Darth Kermit Jedi Knight

Oct 22, 2013
    Let's hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. ChewieWe'reHome

Aug 25, 2015
    JJ can apparently lie about whatever he wants. Like with ST:Into Darkness. When a certain character was rumored to be one person, he said they weren't that person, then they turned out to be that person anyways. Not a graceful reveal but my point still stands.

24. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    This may be No spoilers allowed for SW, but I'd bet it's okay to say the full detail for Into Darkness, seeing as how it's been out for like 2 years now...:p

But still, I admire your discretion.

25. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I'd say it's never nice to spoil a movie for someone, regardless of how old it is.

jaqen likes this.