main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Pretty big spoiler in the new poster...

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Big Bad Yoda Daddy, Oct 18, 2015.

1. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    It's too tempting to go on about my pet peeve but I won't. I'll hold off and hopefully it's just over-reaction....

On the spoiler
    true, ROTJ had another super-weapon and it was the McGuffin for that movie (as opposed to the R2 unit of ANH). I think it's only natural that if there's a war or conflict happening some faction will have some sort of secret super-weapon or try to develop one. I just hope that we don't again spend the third act of the movie being about the destruction of said weapon or battle-station as it will still feel like we've done this at least 3 times already in 6 movies.

Bail B. Baobab and Darth Kermit like this.
  2. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I thought that was the HAL-9000.

Dewback and Darth Kermit like this.
  3. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    What if that thing belongs to the Republic??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Lazy K

Lazy K Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    Personally, I like to think that "That's no [insert spoiler here], that's a space station!"

Just think of it - a hyperspace-capable space station as the seat of power, untethered to any single planet and able to transport millions of troops anywhere in the galaxy. It's about time logistics played a part in galactic warfare.

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Anyone been able to find where they have this poster on sale?

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Very good question! I looked around on the web today actually, but couldn't find it anywhere.

7. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    I got it on Amazon and I saw it today on eBay.

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Hm, looking at Amazon now, I can only find a small 30x43cm version of it (for 9 pounds, which is a little steep). Of course, I only buy from Amazon UK, since the shipping is like a quarter compared to shipping from the US, so that might have something to do with it.

9. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    Too bad - I'm looking at mine right now, and it's AWESOME!! :p

10. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    The Bops you have the full 27x41" one sheet? Not a 24x36 reproduction?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    I wish, Strilo!! Just the 24x36. But it looks sweet in my home office!

12. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I bet. I collect the posters and with the prequels, it was super easy. They made them available on the Starwars.com store to purchase. I haven't seen anything and I can't even find a store on the official site anymore.

Jedi Knight Fett and The Bops like this.
  13. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    I'll get it eventually. The small poster will do for now.

14. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    New IMAX poster:

[​IMG]
    I'd say...
    It's a neat design, somewhat reminiscent of THX 1138 - but what's up with Rey's huge head? Bad photoshop is bad.

15. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    About that last poster and...
    Rey's big head.
    I made a little adjustment to it, so that it looks better. Can't believe an official poster has such a stupid mistake on it. Anyway, here's my take on it:

[​IMG]
    See, IMAX? Normal sized head!

At least I think that looks much better.

16. ObidioJuan

Nov 1, 2002
    Is that an official poster or a fan created one?

It's not bad per-se but somehow it doesn't look like quite right to me.

17. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    The IMAX one? It's official.
    The second version I posted, however, is not official. That's the result of me being annoyed at the bad photoshop work in the official one.

18. ObidioJuan

Nov 1, 2002
    Not complaining about it, it just looks very different than what I've seen since the PT came about.

Weren't all the posters for Star Wars movies drawn? or rotoscoped or whatever that technique is called?, is this the first official poster for a Star Wars movie that is actually a "picture". Maybe I'm not explaining it correctly...

19. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, all the prequels had teaser posters that were photographs. Then the theatrical poster was painted.
    TFA had a teaser poster that was drawn by Drew Struzan - the same artists that drew the prequel posters (and some of the OT posters, including the SE ones), but the theatrical poster - the one this thread is about - is composed of photographs with heavy photoshoping done to them. The IMAX poster is not unlike the original teaser poster for TPM (that had a photograph of Anakin, with Darth Vader's shadow).

20. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    I think the TPM IMAX poster was a "photo" of Yoda with the caption "Size Matters" (or something along those lines), if I remember correctly.

21. ObidioJuan

Nov 1, 2002
    I'm getting old. I had forgotten about those.:p

You're right the poster with Jake outside the homestead and the shadow looking like Vader.

Nothing to see here, carry on....

22. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    AOTC - but otherwise correct.

The Bops likes this.
  23. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    Oops!! I stand corrected, Big Bad Yoda Daddy!

24. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I'm still shocked that the TFA release one sheet poster is not available for sale from Lucasfilm.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. ObidioJuan

Nov 1, 2002

The surprise is that they're not selling Star Wars toilet paper yet. Or have I missed it?

I don't recall a licensing blitz so saturated with products since Spaceballs the movie. And I think the satire presented in Spaceballs is tame compared to what TFA has been doing.