main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pretty cool fanfilm ... "Rebel Scum"

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by PadawanNick, Jan 18, 2016.

1. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    I'm not affiliated with this in any way, but just stumbled across this on YouTube. It's pretty cool:

Great location, nice costumes and makeup, gutsy crew and pretty good, non-Jedi/Sith storyline.

Have to give 'em credit for taking on stop motion rather than CG for the animated effects. Seems like it turned out to be a bit of an example of just how difficult it can be to pull that off (the snow speeder looks FANTASTIC, but the rest probably would have looked better with decent CG ), but still a very refreshing addition to the fanfilm genre.

Anyway, thought folks here would be interested.
    Have fun.

2. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016
    I was excited to see this. Finally did the other day. Looks the business. The pacing however really lets it down. Lots of dead pauses and weird hesitation. Looks great, but actors poorly directed.

** out of *****

:(

3. StevenBills

StevenBills Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2006
    Agreed. The production design is great. Costumes are right-on. Pacing is weird, the color grading is too much.

Although, it IS nice to see a SW fan film that doesn't involve two guys with lightsabers...

SB

4. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016
    Totally agree. Nothing more trying than a 1:45 title crawl then another light saver battle at the end of it ;)

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Really cool, unique fan film!
    The effects aren't perfect, but I applaud the use of traditional effects, and they still look a lot better than most fan films.
    The colour grading however, was pretty terrible. Everything has a strong magenta tone, that's very unfitting. A more standard grading, or something with blue tones would have fitted the look of the film better in my opinion.

The story was simple and fun. People complain about the acting, but I didn't find it offensive in any way. It's not major motion picture quality acting, but it's good enough!