main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Preventing right click and save for images?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by R2D1000, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    i am serious... with jave there has to be a way... i dunno how... but some way [face_plain] maybe i should just give up hope :p this doesnt really matter anyway... ;)

2. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    Yes, the whole right click thing is annoying when it's disabled. I tend not to save a site to my favs if that's the case. Too bad for them.

As far as artwork is concerned most artists have records of their artwork...you know, catalogued. I have picture and date references in a hard copy form and on disc. It would be a cinch to prove copyright. I don't generally mind if the works are used, it's when the works are used and claimed to be drawn by the person who downloaded them. That's not good.

Signing and dating fan art is helpful...it does seem that you would want to do that anyhow (I was under the assumption that artists did that with their works! ;))

If you've spotted your art where it's not supposed to be then it's just a matter of asking them to take it down...or having them give you credit. and if that's not working then it's c & d time. Minimal contact is best, keeping calm...keeping your emotions on the level is helpful.

Do what you can, or what feels right to you.

A somewhat related story:
    I had a very strange experience with a woman who claimed that I had stolen autograph images from her site, a site I had never been to. She was so angry that she made some really stupid remarks and threats. She said that she would tell Lucasfilm and shut me down, that she would tell everyone with an autograph site to be aware of me and my site, told me that she would write letters to every one of the people she had autographs from to tell them how dishonest I was, she wrote mention of me and my site in negative light on her website, told me I was unprofessional and had no ethics...AND she told me that I should look for my artwork to show up in strange places and that it would be altered. (wow, to actually say that D-O-L-T)

I had to give her a cease and desist and was told by my attorney to file a complaint with the FBI. So I did. She still contacts me now and again.
    I posted all of the "nice" email that she sent to me onto my website so people could really get a look at what was going on. :D One crazy woman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.