main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Preview Figures Help!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Fellow Charm City Fanforce members, I need your help. For the past couple of weeks, I've traveled to more Walmarts than anyone should have to tolerate. I've went in every Toys R Us, Target, Kmart, and Ames in between. I've been looking for the Episode II preview figures and I can't find them. I've traveled to the Outer Rim and no luck. It seems like the Truman Show. It's like the figures don't actually exist, I've never seen them in person.

I just got home from another trip with no luck and I saw jedi-sabre's post in the It's Official thread, which is exactly what I wanted to post here. He said he wanted the collectors here to help each other out. So, I've sent out this distress signal. I don't want to pay $9.99 each for the figures from the Fan Club. If anyone has found the figures in their local stores, would you please tell me where. And, if it's not too much trouble, could you get them for me. At the next meeting, you can give them over and I'll pay.

But, jedi-sabre brings up a good idea. If anyone else is looking for a certain figure, post it and we'll all try and help you. There's really no danger in not getting paid. Basically, if you get the figure for someone and they find it on their own, just return the figure to the store. Let's see if we can form an alliance against the hording greed of the Scalper Empire. 8-}

2. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I have run into the same problem as you Mogook. I've been to all the Toys-R-Us and Wal-Marts in my area and have turned up zilch. DarthSapient said he has found some figures at a Wal-Mart somewhere in Bel Air. Maybe he has some extras or knows where they are hiding.

3. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, I actually went down to Sapient's Walmart, in Abingdon. But, I had no luck there either. Maybe he knows of some other places that have them. And HLMT, if I find them, I'll try to get you a set too. But, I doubt I'll come across them.

4. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well Mogook,
    You maybe in trouble. I found them here at the Walmart in California, MD several weeks ago when they first hit the shelves (They were so new they weren't even coded into their computers yet) and now there aren't any at all. I'm still having troubles finding the last of the POTJ 2nd collection figures. I'm down to needing the BoShek figure to complete my POTJ line.

Did you even see them at all when everyone was reporting them in stores?

5. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I've never seen the preview figures in person, at all. What figures do you need from the Collection 2 line? I haven't seen BoShek. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you, and keep me updated if you find the previews.

6. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Boshek and his two counterparts are plentiful in my neck of the woods. If anybody wants me to pic them up, let me know.

Ian M.

7. jade-sabre

jade-sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2000
    I don't have the preview figures either!!!!

I will keep my eyes out for them, though.

I am still missing an R2-Q5 and a Sith Apprentice Darth Maul if anyone has seen an extra one on a mint card.

The Elec. Botique at the Annapolis Mall has the Emperor's Wrath Vader wave for $5 each.

8. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Well, I told Mogook the best place near me is the Walmart in Abingdon. I, too, bought them when they weren't even coded into their system. So I tried the, "So I guess that means they're free since they have no price," angle. It didn't work. 8-} I find that Toys R Us is the worst of all the places for SW figures and Walmart is the best. If I go to Walmart for anything, I'll give you a heads up if I find them.

9. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    And I'll keep my eyes opened for any other figures.

10. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Make sure to keep your eyes open while driving to the Walmart.

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah Sapient, that might be a good idea.

12. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Check the "What do you collect" thread. I got hold of either a Preview or actual Ep.II release vehicle, the Jedi Starfighter.

13. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    I was able to pick up an extra Zam Wessel today at Kmart if anybody want's it. It cost me $7.34, so it would be the same for y'all. It's not a perfect card, but very hard to tell that it's not, but if your into opening your toys, this is it. Let me know.

Ian Michaels
    sithspawn35@hotmail.com

14. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    K-Mart's going bankrupt and they're still charging above the average. It's that Martha Stewart I tell ya. The price I most often see is around $6.44.

15. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    And that, my friends, is exactly why Kmart is going bankrupt! LOL (that and that psycotic B$#%h Martha Stewart as their spokesperson. Come on, Does anybody REALLY like those darn colors? LOL

16. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Rainman: I buy my underwear at K-Mart. Definitly at K-Mart.

Rainman's Brother: K-Mart sucks Raymond.

Rainman: Yeah, K-Mart sucks.

Funniest.. scene.. ever... [face_laugh]

17. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey sithspawn, what K-mart did you go to? What area? Do they have any more preview figures left? Any one else have any confirmed stores?

18. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    I found them at the Kmart on Rt. 50 In Salisbury, MD (about a half hour from Ocean City.

19. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    That's a ways from me, I'll have to try my luck with ebay.

20. TheBeatlesForce

TheBeatlesForce Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2001
    Has anyone seen them around the Pikesville-Owings Mills-Towson area? The only Wal-Mart I know of is really, really bad. They have nothing. I dont want to buy them at inflated prices on eBay, so if anyone sees them, let me know.

21. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I haven't seem them at all in any store. But some of the other members have had better luck. Hopefully they can help you.

22. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    As of Saturday, March 30, the Toys R Us of Waldorf, MD, has all four (4) preview figures and the AT-ST/Paploo speeder bike set. The store is located at the St. Charles Town Mall in Waldorf, Rt. 301 South of the Beltway (about 15-20 minutes drive). Mogook, use the Force and run, run to Waldorf, run to Waldorf.

23. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    I went to the TRU at LAurel but they didn't have any preview figures, but they did have the AT-ST/Paploo set which I bought.

24. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Mutt, thanks for the update!!! Hey, I'll have classes tomorrow, but I should be home around 4:30. If it's not too much trouble, too far from you, could you tell me if TRU still has the figures before that time?

25. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    That's going to be impossible for me. Saturday when I was there (still looking for BoShek) they had quite a stocking of all four figures

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.