New Hamp Previous meetings minutes

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Nov 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    I thought it might be a good idea to post all of the previous meeting minutes for those who want to know what the MANDALORIANS meetings are like. I hope that this will encourage some people to come check us out!


    07/07

    -It was agreed upon that meetings will be held the first Sunday of every month

    -Group officers would be nominated and voted upon at a later date

    -Meetings would include time for a show and tell about members various pieces of their Star Wars collections

    -Rest of meeting was getting to know other members and was ajourned

    8/6

    -meeting started off with Show and tell :

    Cephas displayed the autographs he got at at convention in Philadelphia. Included was David Prowse, Amy Allen, Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch, Michele Bourichonne (sp?), and Zach Jensen.

    TK brought a rare large Ewok he found at a flea market and a Clone Trooper helmet that was a mail in offer in Canada.

    -TK mentioned atom.com, the site that hosts Star Wars fan films and are judged by George Lucas himself. Winners can win great prizes. Was discussed that the Mandalorians make a submission next year. (Ed. note: Pink 5 won this year)

    -It was decided that dues will be collected at each meeting in the amount of $5/meeting. Dues will go towards refreshments for club meetings, props for model making, etc, and ultimately for funding a trip to Star Wars celebration 3. Basic rules for dues are that they are to be collected regardless of attendance; three grace periods are allowed if payment cannot be made; further deliquence will be subject to punishment from the Chancellor/council. Also discussed was that $2 of the $5 fee will go towards trips, events, etc.

    www.banthapoodoo.com was discussed as a possible site for the group to have their online home. Also mentioned was linking off the Cantina web site.

    -Rik Grenier was nominated and voted as treasurer. John Purves was nominated and voted as archivist.

    -Rest of session was used for building mini Lego kits.
    9/6

    -T shirts for the club was discussed. Rik can get them at discount. Basic design was discussed with a sleeve to have a 'Sponsored by Cantina'. Basic color is black with blood red.

    -TK was voted as Supreme Chancellor by unaminious vote. This brings elected officers to three. Due to the current size of the club no other officers will be voted upon at this time.

    -Mission statement was discussed. What should it be? All members are encouraged to contribute to the mission statement and in what direction should take.

    -lightsaber craft was held off until next meeting, with all members agreeing.

    -Group watched Beyond the Dome, a mockumentry on R2-D2. Still waiting on a review from members.

    10/5

    Rik, TK, Jen, Matt, Matt, John, Donald, Jason, Andrew and Jim in attendance.

    -Show and Tell featured the Playskool Millennium Falcon and figures that go with the line, presented by TK. A very cool item that is well worth the money, not to mention very well made. TK also presented a piece of Palpatine's carpet from the set used as his apartment. John presented Star Wars character head rubic cubes, available in Canada thru a breakfast cereal promotion.

    -The Mandalorian web site off the Cantina website has been updated and will soon feature a message board along the same lines as Fan Force's.

    -Club funds now stand at $140

    -Club t-shirt design was finalized and orders from members were taken. T-shirts are for club members to buy only, and will be in the $10 range.

    -Jim gave members bio pages to fill out that will be posted on the club web site. Of those that didn't have the form completed, they can be emailed to Jim.

    -TK is our mole in KB toys having recently gotten a part time job with them. TK will keep a look out for any requests from members. (Let's just not overburden him with requests!!- John)

    -Clone Wars cartoon premiers Nov. 8 at 8 pm, and members with access to the Cartoon Network and will be viewed at a later date

    -It was discussed to make flyers t/>/>/>/>
  2. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    MEETING MINUTES 01/05/04




    In attendance: DJ(SithApprenticeDJ), Jason, Andrew(JangoFett3263827), Ken(Sabacc_luck), TK(Rotag21), Rik(RikSMaximus), Jen and Matt, Jim(Wenji_Mamanc), and John(Baron_Soontir_Fel).

    BOUNTY: $300.00

    • SHOW AND TELL - Matt and Jen presented Kubrick's Sandtrooper and Obi-Wan figures; animated Clone Wars figures of Anakin, Mace Windu, Obi Wan, and Assaj Ventress; the super articulated Clone Trooper, R-3P0, MacQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper, and the silver Clone Trooper figures; an Imperial logo watch hand crafted in Hong Kong.

      Ken showed us the decks of sabacc cards he made.

      DJ brought his TIE Fighter and C-3P0 Hallmark Christmas ornaments.


    • Two new people were introduced to the group: Ken Sabaccs_luck and Travis, who also came with his Mom.


    • MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS CITY REP - TK has accepted the position of CR for the MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS. There was discussion about having co-CR's in the holiday season for when TK wouldn't be able to fulfill the CR duties due to time constraints.


    • T SHIRT FONT - Popular opinion for the font to be on our MANDALORIAN shirts was B. There was much discussion about the use of swcantina.com site address on the shirt. After a great amount of brainstorming and exchanging ideas, it was agreed to have the web site address of the group, as well as the meeting location (Cantina) on the left sleeve of the shirt, and as the same style font that is on the Cantina T Shirts.


    • FEBRUARY MEETING - The scheduled February meeting is Feb. 1, which is the same day as the SUPERBOWL. It was agreed to have the meeting moved to another Sunday later in the month; day and time will be posted on this message board. It was also discussed scheduling meetings on Sundays in the first full week of each month.


    • FAN FORCE TOPICS - For the appearance of the message board, it was agreed that all topic headings will be in CAPITAL letters. Other Fan Force matters: It was suggested by TK to have a "DAILY POSTING" topic where posters can state that they had made a post that day and in what thread.


    • TK received permission from JUMPGATE, PAPERBACK BAZAAR, and CHRIS' COMICS to post flyers announcing dates and times of the group's monthly meetings. Jim will design and email flyers to TK for this.


    • WEBSITE - It was decided that SWCANTINA.COM will still sponsor the MANDALORIAN website after discussing other alternatives, such as Geocities. The Smartgroups site will now be used for storage only.


    • MEETING/SCHEDULE CARDS - There was discussion of using some Club funds to print up business card sized meeting/schedule cards to give out to prospective members and use as reminders for current members. TK, Ken and John will look into the pricing of printing these cards.


    • MEMBER PICTURES AND BIOS - Members present had their pictures taken by Jim that will be used for the MANCHESTER MANDALORIAN members bio page. Jim also passed out bio forms to be filled out by the members that will also go on the website. Members who need their picture taken: Cephas, Matt, Jen


    • VIEWING - Members watching a repeat showing of THUMB WARS for those that didn't see it at the January Meeting


    • The meeting then ended with Ken, DJ and Andrew playing a game of sabacc!









  3. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    After an absence of 1 month, the MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS had their regular monthly meeting for March today. Topics that were covered:

    Present: Andrew, Rik, TK, DJ, Jason, Chris, Matt, Jen, and John

    - BOUNTY FOR COLLECTIBLES - Anyone that is looking for any particular collectible item be it a figure or what have you, can post under the BOUNTY thread on this board. All one has to do is post the desired item they are looking for, and for what price they are willing to pay. We can check with Rik first to see if it is offered at the CANTINA first, and if it isn't available, an open contract is then offered for said item.

    - SHIRTS - Club shirts have been put on the back burner for now. Estimated cost will be an approximate $6-$10/shirt. TK will be getting CD-R discs so the shirt design can be saved and given to screeners for printing. TK will be looking into having someone doing the production of the shirts and will be getting a price. A possible alternative design of having Mandalorian plate armor outlined on the shirt as well.

    - CELEBRATION 3 - Celebration 3 will be upon us in 1 year. The group is planning on going to the event and possible fund raising ideas were proposed. They included: Yard/sidewalk sales, car washes, co sponsoring fund raising events with the 501st, and bake sales. Possibility of needing permits for fund raising was discussed as well.

    TK has checked into cost of reservations, plane tickets and such. Room costs can be reduced by room sharing, as much of up to 6/room. If there is a surplus of funds from fund raising, there is a possibility that some money could go towards paying some of the cost of plane tickets.

    TK will find price of dealer tables at C3 for Rik.

    - NEW MEETING TIME AND SCHEDULE - Beginning at the April meeting, meetings will now begin at 1:00 PM. Also, the meeting dates are as follows:

    APRIL 11th

    MAY 22nd This is also the date of the SECOND ANNIVERSARY of the CANTINA!!

    JUNE 6th

    JULY 18th

    AUGUST TBA Rik will be going on vacation this month and the CANTINA will be unavailable for meetings this month. An alternate date and location will be selected for this month.


    - NEXT MEETING - Next meeting TK will be bringing his tapes that he shot while at C2, to get us all stoked and hyped up like kids on too much sugar! Can't wait to see it!!

    The meeting then ended with a showing of Weird Science, which had several STAR WARS references! :)
  4. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    As promised (though a little late), here are the meeting minutes from the April 25th meeting of MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS
    -In attendance was TK, Ken, Jason, DJ, John, Rik, Scott (Ryno) visiting from the Boston Rebels, and Dan, who was attending his first meeting.

    -Dan was here recruiting for two different fan films that he has in the works. He pitched his ideas and they were pretty cool!

    -Ken let the group know about ConnectCon, an upcoming convention beinf held in Connecticut July 16-18. A thread will be posted on this forum to see who would be interested in going. Of Star Wars note, Peter Mayhew will be attending.

    -TK is waiting on getting the group graphics. He can have our banner for our events made within 48 hrs. We also need group photos and all group graphics as Strawbary would like to post something on our group. Rik will be contacting Jim sometime this week.

    -On the issue of T-shirts, Ken had found a site online that charged a flat rate of $13.00/shirt, which included any number of colors and overnight delivery

    -Over the next meeting or two, the group will be planning and setting a date for the Mandalorian Yard sale. We have to pay $5.00 for a licence and all money made from the sale will be going towards the group trip tp C3. The plan is to make enough to pay for air fare and rooms. Scott suggested that we could open an ING Direct account as they give the best interest rates.

    -Speaking of C3, as of now air fare through Southwest is approx $189.00 return, and accomodations are $79/night at the Raddison which is about a block and a half from the convention center. The official fan club has yet to announce what kind of discount, if any, fan club members will receive. TK will be posting more info in the C3 thread on the board as he gets it

    -Scott went over what the Darth Vader World tour is, and the reason behind it. A vintage 12" Darth Vader figure being sent to various Fan Force chapters, and it all being documented with pictures. Very cool idea!

    -As a reminder, May 22 is the 2nd Anniversary of the CANTINA! Mark the date on your calendar!

    -TK has an opportunity to have a MANCHESTER MANDALORIAN website designed and posted for $69.00. We keep the name of the site for 3 yrs, and hve web site hosting for 1 yr in that price. (If this is inaccurate, please let me know. This is what I thought I had heard)

    -For arts and crafts, Ken tought us how to make an oragamy (sp?) x-wing! While a bit confusing for a bit, the end results were quite good! Lots of pics were taken and will be posted on the Mandalorian site!

    -Finally, the main event. TK played his video footage from his days at C2! As if the group needed more incentive to go, I think the footage sealed the deal!

    That's about it for this month's meeting... remember, the next Meeting is May 22nd! />
  5. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    John,

    Let's just say.....

    YOU ARE THE MAN !!! Nice job, awesome.

    SeeYa!!
    TK
  6. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    6/6/04 MEETING MINUTES

    Members attending: Rik, TK, John, Ken, DJ, Jason, Jim, and Brandon Berry (2nd meeting)

    Show and Tell - Brandon brought in an outstanding diarama of the trash compactor scene from A New Hope. It conisted of the trash compactor figure 2 packs, and foam board for the actual trash compactor. Red LED lights topped it off. It's on display now at the Cantina for anyone that wants to see it!

    Club Accounting - Club accounting was brought up to date. Presently collected has been $402.00, but should be $487.00 because of back dues owed. No dues were collected for February and May meetings. May was the 2nd anniversary party for the CANTINA. The bake sale held at the CANTINA raised $42.00. Currently there is enough to pay for half of the accomodatuions for C3.

    Web site - TK now has all info, designs and such for the MANCHESTER MANDALORIAN web site. Everyone is asked to fill out their bio sheets and pass them back to TK so we can get that page completed for the web site. TK has dropped off the club graphics to a printer to get an estimate on a banner for the club to use at various club functions such as yard sales, car washes, etc.

    YARD SALE - The MANCHESTER MANDALORIAN yard sale will be held on JULY 17. The July meet date has been changed to this date.. Meeting start time will be 7:00 AM, with the Yard Sale starting at 8:00 am and ending between 1:00-2:00 pm. The yard sale will be held in fornt of the Cantina, and if extra space is required, it will be spread out to Rik's front yard. If anyone has anything that they wish to donate and need it stored, Rik offered the use of his garage, for large items, up until the day of the yard sale. Ads and announcements will be placed in the Union Leader and Hippo, and will be posted on this forum. Signs will be printed to guide to post on poles to guide people to the yard sale. TK will be posting at his complex signs asking for donations to the yard sale. The club was considering renting a U Haul to pick up large items, but the cost was judged to be too expensive.

    T-Shirts - Creation of an exclusive MANCHESTER MANDALORIAN t shirt for C3 was discussed. Members are encouraged to submit a design or design ideas. Status of club t shirts is on hold at the moment until the club web site address is registered.

    Movie reviews - Big Fish and Kill Bill Vol 1 were recommended viewing

    Meeting was adjourned @ 03:00 pm


  7. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    John,

    Awesome JOB! Again.... lol

    Thanks,
    TK
  8. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    Hey guys, sorry this is so late!

    Meeting notes for the October 24 meet of the MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS

    Members present:

    Rik
    Jason
    TK
    DJ
    Brandon
    Andrew
    Ken
    John

    Show and Tell:
    TK
    - Cantina 3 pk of Dr. Evazan, Kitik Keed Kak and Wuher;
    - SW money which looked like English pound notes with pictures of Star Wars characters on them. It was all framed in a clear frame, very cool looking!
    - Some of the more hard to get Galactic Heroes figures like Jango/Obi Wan and Yoda and the Clone Trooper
    - Orange suit he bought from an Army surplus store that he is planning to use for his Rebel pilot costume. Can be bought for about 39.99 at the store he got it from.

    Brandon
    - Has done some awesome diorama displays that include the Han stuffing Luke into the Tauntaun scene, Dagobah, Qui-Gon and Obi Wan cutting through the Trade Federation bulk head, and the trash compactor scene from A New Hope.

    C3 ? TK has reserved his room and plane tickets for C3. As a fan club member ticket prices are $90.00 + $5.00 for the lanyard that will get you into special events for club members only. TK?s hotel is attached to the convention center and is very accessible to all the events. Most members are not sure if they will be able to attend the event. Club is still considering to make a special club t shirt for C3 that could be sold to club at the event.

    Boston Super Megafest ? The MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS were invited by starwarschick14 from the Boston Rebels to attend the Super Megafest. The event runs from Nov 20-21, and SW guests that are going to attend will be Kenny Baker and Anthony Daniels. Tickets are $25.00 for the weekend. TK will be donating some SW items to their gift basket that will be auctioned off to raise money so that the Rebels will be able to have Joe Connelly to attend the event. He is a SW artist. Talk then went to what kind of presence the MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS would want to have. Discussion led to renting a table and have some of Brandon?s dioramas on display and to also have a display for the Cantina there. For more information, click the link: Boston Super Megafest **This will also be considered the November meeting for the club**

    The December meeting may be cancelled due to the holiday schedule of many members. Check this board for more information at a later date.

    Meeting was adjourned around 3:00 pm


  9. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 19, 2002
    star 4
    Just a couple corrections/clarifications about Megafest...

    In addition to Kenny Baker and Anthony Daniels, Phil Fondacaro will be there. He was an ewok in ROTJ.

    Our sponsored guest is Joe Corroney. His website is in my sig. In case you haven't heard of him, he was the illustrator for Holonet News on starwars.com and in the Insider. He also did artwork for the RPG books, sketch cards for Clone Wars and Heritage, and did the artwork in Empire #25. If you're curious, examples of all these things can be found on his website. :)

    And the Star Wars basket isn't being raffled to raise money for his plane ticket (we raised the money for that with the help of Rhode Squadron and the New Jersey Order) - we're raffling it to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. :)

    If you guys can get your own table, great...if you can't, you're welcome to share ours.
  10. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    Oops! Sorry about that! [face_blush]
    Pretty bad when I can't read my own scribbles... :p
  11. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 19, 2002
    star 4
    No worries, I'm happy to clarify. :) I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys at Megafest!
  12. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    Manchester Mandalorians meet: 2/26/05

    This is the first official meet of the Manchester Mandalorians for the new year.

    Present members: TK, Peter, John

    Many thanks for TK supplying the food and drinks! Very good food!

    For our viewing enjoyment we watched ?Star Warp?, a claymation spoof of Star Wars and Star Trek. We gave it an overall rating of 7/10. A pretty good spoof and fun to watch.

    TK now has all the banners, forms and other club info from Jim. Work on the official web site of the Mandalorians will begin soon.

    Celebration 3 ? The group will be represented by TK and John, and possible Peter. We will be staying at the Crown Royale Plaza Hotel in Indianapolis.

    Meet Location ? TK had called Barnes and Noble earlier to find out about the availability of private rooms Manchester Mandalorian meets. Since we are not a charity group, there would be a charge for use of the room in the $10-$15 range, and that a room would not be available until July. It was also decided that a library might not be the best place for the group since meetings can get boisterous. TK once again offered to hold meetings at the complex he lives in. Some of the pluses of meeting there:

    - A central meeting room for when we have a large turnout of people
    - A deck for a cookout, swimming pool and games room
    - Plenty of entertainment: TV, DVD player, X-Box, etc
    - Convenient central location for Star Wars toy runs

    TK will be posting a poll soon on where the group?s permanent meet location will be. If anyone needs transportation to TK?s, arrangements can be made.

    Officers ? Elections will be held in the near future to fill various positions within the group.

    After the meet, TK, John and Peter did a Star Wars toy run. The locations visited:

    - Somersworth Wal Mart
    - Somersworth Paperback Bazaar
    - Somersworth Jumpgate
    - Somersworth Toys in the Attic
    - Portsmouth Wal Mart
    - Newburyport Wal Mart
    - Portsmouth Jumpgate
    - Portsmouth Big Lots
    - Portsmouth Goodwill

    Bounty that was found: TK got an Emperor?s Royal Guard mini bust, Peter got a bunch of different dice and a Vader and Stormtrooper mini busts, and John found a Stormtrooper minibust. But the best find of all was 3 of the Vintage collection Millennium Falcon at Wal Mart for $11.00! We each got one. Very cool! For the next meeting we are looking at visiting even more locations!

  13. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    GREAT Job as all ways John !!

    Nice work.

    Well for those of you guy's that did not make the meeting we hope you can make the next one. It was a good time. I am very sorry for the short notice but we really needed to have a meeting and all this time talking about where to go and meet was not getting us any where. So again sorry.
    It has been desided that for the time being. The meeting well be held here in Somersworth at my place. We are doing this in the hopes of actually growing in size as a group.
    I have a lot of comic shops in the local area,(as John & Peter can tell you) lol! We are going to be placing fliers for the club in them to get new people in. I actually have one new person today after picking up my comic who will be at our next meeting. So I believe this will be a good thing for the club as a whole.
    I do hope that we do not lose ANYONE from this move. But it is something that MOST be done to keep the club going. Which is our goal! We will do everything possible to get anyone here who wish to come to the meetings. We can run carpools. Meet and follow, ect. It is only once a month so I'm sure we can work something out.
    I will be making a poll to follow this email asking you to vote on the next meeting date. Which every date rec. the most votes, will be the next meeting. I do hope to see more of you all there. The next couple meeting will be big ones for us. Seeing as C3 is just around the corner and the new movie is on it way.
    Now is a GREAT time to be a Star Wars fan, so I do hope to see you all.

    SeeYa!!
    TK
  14. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    Sorry this is so late everyone!!

    MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS - Meeting minutes 03/13/05

    C3- TK had information about volunteering at C3 for various events. The one that TK signed up for was the autograph tables. He will be helping the actors with the autograph signings and in return, the 4 day pass to the event will be paid for and also will get autographs for helping out. What a sweet deal!

    We watched some of TK's C2 footage so some of us could prepare for what it will be like there and what to expect. This just served to pump us up more.

    TK showed us the 'Anakin hand' he had been working for. Basically it is a toy grasping hand, painted gold and wires attached for effect. It looked like the hand in the movie! Very cool!

    After the meeting we all headed over to Paperback Bazarr where the new Bust Ups were in. TK picked up Boba and Jango and John bought Boba.

    Short report, but then again it was a short meeting :)



  15. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    MANCHESTER MANDALORIAN meeting minutes from 04/03/05 meet.

    Members present: TK, John, Brandon, Matt

    Club Funds: Rik will be called so we may get the club funds form him. Messages have been left from TK and John, and he has yet to reply. (PS: Rik was contacted at end of the meeting and club funds were picked up by John on 04/06/05)

    New ROTS stuff: TK was able to show off some of his new booty from the ROTS new toy release. The Attacktix seemed to be pretty cool, but all agreed at least a few kids will lose an eye to these things! The new figures look pretty awesome. TK as also bale to pick up a Lava Reflection Vader from Target.

    C3: TK has been accepted by Officipics at C3 to help with the autograph guests. He will have 2 shifts, one as a Floor Manager where his duties will include taking care of several tables, assuring that all lines are moving smoothly, etc. His other shift consists of assisting an actor at the table, allowing for different duties. Reimbursment for TK comes in the form of autographs! Cool!

    After the meet, we took a toy run to Wal Mart for the 48 Hours of the Force. TK picked up a few more Attactix.

    Next up: C3!!


  16. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    Your to funny John....lol :)

    When you read these a bet people are like who the H*ll is this TK guy?! Is any one else in this group. lol

    You did a great jod again John, nice work.

    SeeYA!
    TK

    HEY !!! ONLY 8 DAYS TO GO!!!
  17. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    Mandalorian Meeting minutes - 05/01/05 ( a tad bit overdue)

    This was an impromptu meeting held at TK's, where TK, John, and Dianna were present.

    -Club Membership Kits - An idea was floated about making up membership kits for current and new members. Things that could be included would be pens, club T-shirt, business cards to help promote the club, patch, and flyers. This was inspired by some of the Fan Force groups that we met at C3, who were very well organized. The club is looking at prices for the mentioned items.

    -Business cards - A design for club business cards had been designed and posted by Dianna, and has been approved by membership. After some research, we can get 500 color business cards for approx. $20.00.

    -It was decided that the club will have another yard sale to raise club funds. Time to be determined, but will be likely in June/July.

    -Both John and TK will be posting their reviews of C3.

    Meeting was then adjourned for breakfast.
  18. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    Meeting minutes New Hamsphire Mandalorians - 06/26/2005

    Members present- TK, John, Ken, Brandon

    C3- Tk showed us some of the video that he shot from C3. Pretty good footage for those of us that weren't there, and even for those that were. Nice footage from when he arrived early in the morning with hardly a soul around to when the halls were packed shoulder to shoulder. Nice contrast. We also took a look at the pics he took. Alot! Best one in my opinion was of Leeanna Walsman :D

    Calendar- Ken has been working on a calendar based on the Star Wars universe, and he's close to having it all figured out. He's going to look into printing some up for us.

    Club Name Change- Since that the club is no longer meeting in Manchester, the club will be changing it's name to the NEW HAMPSHIRE MANDALORIANS. This fits the club better as well since most of our members are spread throughout the state. TK will be contacting either Meriwyn or Strawbary about making the change in the forums (Who should we contact? Not sure...)

    Alternate meeting sites- We are always open to suggestions for other meetings sites should anyone have any ideas. Posts are welcome here on the board.

    Toy Run - Our official business ended at 2:30 and then we made a toy run! We were disappointed as it seemed most of the places we went to were throughly picked over or didn't have much new. John picked up Shaak Ti and TK got a Vader light/lamp. We all then went to BK to score some SW toys and yummy greasy food! Perhaps next meet we will try to best our record of 9 stops, as this toy run lasted only 6 stops.
  19. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    NEW HAMPSHIRE MANDALORIANS meeting minutes 07/31/2005

    Members present:TK, Brandon, John, Dianna

    Group Dues: Group dues were reinstated this meeting. With this meet going forward, club dues will be set once again at $5. These dues go towards group activites.

    NEW HAMPSHIRE MANDALORIANS WEBSITE: TK was able to register banthapoodoo.org for a web site, and this will be the home of the Mandalorians, along with a place to show collections, have an email address and whatever else comes to mind. It cost $5 to register, has unlimited space and unlimited pages, and has its own server. TK has started construction of the site and it can be seen at banthapoodoo.org.

    Wizard World Boston: The group does plan to go to WW Boston. How many will be going and in what capacity has yet to be determined.

    After the meeting concluded we all took a try at Star Wars Lego on X Box.. very cool game! For arts and crafts we all started making customized action figure displays. The finished product should be ready for the next meeting!
    />
  20. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
  21. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    Good Job as ALL WAY'S !!

    LoL! :)

    We will be making plains for the WW trip at the next meeting. We will ahve times and dates. So that everyone wishing to go can get there. We will most likely be staying over in Boston for one night. I will take care of the room. So... I do hope to see everyone there. I'm sure it will be a great time.

    Oh ya ... you had the site right the first time.lol banthapoodoo.org I will be making some changes on it over the next couple of day's I have off. I hope for it to start looking more like a Star Wars site some. A long with pic's from the group. Let all keep our fingers crossed.

    Ok then..... I'll see everyone soon.

    SeeYa!!
    TK
  22. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    We had our January meeting Jan. 6, with TK, John, Brendan, Dianna and Mike in attendance.

    It was the premier of Sci Fi Friday so we got to watch some of the new episodes of the Stargate series. TK was going to tape BG

    We watched season 2 of Clone Wars. Good to see it again and it's cool to see how it ties in with ROTS!

    We compared what we all got for Xmas that was SW related. Cool stuff!

    A quick toy run was made and TK picked up 3 out of the 4 SW transformers. The only one that was missing was Luke Skywalker. The only other thing that was new on the shelves were SW Lego kits. Absolutely nothing new for SW figs :p

    Did I mention it was also TK's birthday? Happy 40th!! Or was that 36...? ;) TK made up some great appetizers that were delicious! Though I didn't partake in the chili, I heard it was quite good, as was the meat sandwich dish (didn't get the name of it but it was damn good!) All in all, quite a feast!

    Brandon brought over his newest diarama creation, which depicted the end of the Obi Wan/Anakin duel on Mustafar. It looks incredible!! Brandon caught the image of Anakin in mid burn perfectly, and the lava lights up to look very cool! A definate 10/10!

    We all exchanged gifts, the surprise of the night was TK giving Brandon and me club jackets that he had sewed on Mandalorian patches. Who knew he was so talented! ;)

    We closed out the night with a game of SW DVD trivial pursuit. It was a close game in which I pulled out the narrow victory!

    We should have the date up soon for the February meeting, so for anyone that is interested you are more than welcome to attend!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.