Price check- Foil/Chinese/Death Star

Discussion in 'Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Jedilane, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedilane Jedi Master

star 1
    I got this foil Chinese Death Star and I am wondering what people might pay for one. I am willing to sell or trade it.

I haven't ever seen it on Ebay, so I though I would try here!!!
  2. 4Q2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I assume you mean Japanese ... that may be why you can't find it on Ebay.

I wouldn't pay more than $2-4 for one.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I wouldn't pay a cent for it if I already had the English version.
  4. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    The foil Japanese cards don't go for anymore than an English version. However I have been noticing on ebay that normal Japanese versions of mains and other popular rares are selling very well--many at the median Scrye price. I saw a Red 2 for $5 not too long ago.
  5. Gold_5 Jedi Padawan

The "Chineese" Death Star is undoubtedly the Japanese version. Since Decipher ONLY printed SWCCG in two languages. English and Japanese. If it were any other language it would be a counterfeit and worthless.

The Japanese Death Star from the Japanese SWCCG: A New Hope expansion, sells quite well and for a descent price ($5-10) However it's Foil counterpart, doesn't fare as well.

Checking current "SOLD" auctions on ebay, you'll find that most of them sell for only $1.00. While at times you'll find one that creeps up to $2.00, that is an exception. or someone has added an additional card like a foil Superlaser, so the value divided between the two cards making the DS(Jap) worth only $1.00.

I find an interesting irony that the 'collector's foils' quite often attract a lower price than their normal counterparts, only the Ultra Rares (with two exceptions: Emp Palpy & Jedi Luke) regularly bring more than their non-foil counterparts.

Hope this helps! :)

Jim Colson - "the ubercollector"
  6. Jedilane Jedi Master

star 1
    I am so embarrassed. As much a fan of CCG as I am and I have been calling it Chinese and not Japanese. I fall on my face asking for forgiveness!

ANYWAY>>> Thanks for the help guys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.