main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Price of Courage- AU- Obi-Wan/Whie/Luke Updated 4/20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drakyndra

Drakyndra Jedi Master

Nov 4, 2004
    Okay, this time the reply will be slightly more coherant. Less original, but that's the price you pay for being understood.

I really liked how you went and brought Obi-Wan into the story - of course he'd want to see one of the last Jedi left, even if only a padawan, and of courseObi-Wan would want to stay near him.

It had taken the droid caregiver considerable time to pry the newborn Luke from Obi-Wan?s arms before scurrying off to tend to the little ones.
    Awww! Luke and Obi! I love those two, they are so sweet together.

Bail was also very kind again, especially in his suggestions about Whie - we can see where Leia gets it from - but I think Obi-Wan is in the right here. Not because Whie doesn't deserve the break, but because he was always just so very Jedi. He is like Obi-Wan in that - even without the Order, he will always be a Jedi, and he could never quite fit in ordinary civilian life.

Also, it was good to see Obi-Wan trying to comfort Whie, even as a struggled with his own guilt about Anakin. Poor Obi-Wan! Poor Whie! Poor everyone!

On another note, I can't believe you have made me like EU fanfic. I am a movie purist - Dark Rendevous is one of only 2 EU books I have - so you have done very well in getting me to actully care about these characters. Can we have a cameo from Scout at some point?

2. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Your angry face doesn't scare me anymore.

All the while, he wondered privately how he could ever repay Whie for everything Anakin had stolen from him.

Very very sad oe. Do they really have to go to Tattooine? Obi could raise the boys somewhere a lot better, say Ardelon.

Looking forward to the next part

3. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    So incredibly sad, o_e. :_| But very gripping and well-written. I really loved this part:

"But Tatooine!" A grimace followed Bail?s exclamation. "It?s not a very hospitable place to raise a child."

"It will make both Whie and little Luke stronger. Anakin survived it."

"Yes, and look what?s happened to him."

The instant the words left his lips, Bail wished with every fiber of his being that he could take them back. The convulsive look of pain that flashed over Obi-Wan?s face came and went so quickly, Organa wondered if he had imagined it.

Very realistic and hearbreaking. Wonderful job! =D=

4. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm spamming for exactly one post, because...

5. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    ...I promised OE my 3000th post on the boards and I needed to use a post up. :D

Ack, this chapter is so sad! Poor little Whie, fighting for his life, Bail trying to cope, Obi-Wan trying to cope...oy, it's amazing they all survived as long as they did. :p

It's amazing how you're making me care about Whie when I don't have any background whatsoever with the character. Can't wait for the next chapter! :)

Shaindl

6. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    :_| That last sentence is so sad. I love it, OE. Your descriptions are wonderful and the characters are so real that I want to hug Obi-Wan and Whie. (Well, I want to hug Obi-Wan all the time of course, but especially here. :p)

Please continue soon. And I promise to continue reading even if there's no more Bail. :D

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    poor Obi-Wan, not willing to give up baby Luke

8. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Obi should be falling over himself soon. [face_worried] Good talk between them. Bail showed his tension with his quick hurtful words, and his kindness in his concern for Whie.

This makes me a little agitated sharing in the decisions after Anakin?s fall. Talk about under pressure. But, don?t worry I love it. :D

9. GEN_MASSIMO

GEN_MASSIMO Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2005
    Lovely beginning! I look forward reading more.

10. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    I liking this keep going!

11. Cypher18

Cypher18 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    More soon, if you don't mind. And keep up the good work.

12. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    ACK! I missed the update!

Very nice, oe.

13. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Hmmm... Whie and Obi-Wan? [face_thinking] Sounds interesting :D

The tears had long ago dried, leaving dirty streaks down cheeks bleached of color. Small hands clutched the blackened wound in his stomach, doing what little they could to hold in vital organs.

Ouch! :eek: So I'm guessing at least part of his vision that Anakin would kill him still came true. Wonderful descriptions of the destruction of the Jedi Temple and the slaughter by the clones.

Whie had had the misfortune of looking into the fallen Jedi?s eyes right before the blue blade plunged into his belly. The orbs had been empty of emotion, stagnant pools that burned like black oil.

[face_worried]

Again, great descriptions or a horrible act. Almost reads like poetry ;)

Senator Bail Organa gathered the small body into his arms and stood. With one last disbelieving stare at the carnage he?d come upon, he turned and hurried to his waiting air speeder.

Good ol' Bail ;)

I really like the idea of someone surviving from Anakin's rampage, and I'm glad you chose Whie. Ioved Dark Rendezvous. Did Scout survive as well? [face_worried]

It had taken the droid caregiver considerable time to pry the newborn Luke from Obi-Wan?s arms before scurrying off to tend to the little ones.

I really liked that part, as it illustrates Obi-Wan is desperate to hold on to the only thing he has left of two friends he just lost.

The boy?s will to live and fight another day was something to admire.

If only someone else had had a similar resolve :p

The argument between Bail and Obi-Wan was great, and I really don't know which one is right! :eek: Even with Whie, the three of them won't be strong enough to defeat Vader and Palpatine. But then it would be one more person to pass on his knowledge if something happen to Obi-Wan or Yoda [face_thinking]

A great start, Obi_ew :) I really like your writing style and the premise for this fic is great. Look forward to seeing what happens :D

14. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Just so everyone knows, I've got the next post to beta. I disappeared on OE because of a Jewish holiday, so I've been out of commission for a couple days. So I'll get it done ASAP so you can all enjoy it too. :)

15. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Noi- I for one don?t think I could have withstood the pain and suffering Obi-Wan and Yoda endured. Guess that?s why I?m not a Jedi. Bail is pretty strong himself so I can see how he admires the Jedi. :D

Diane Glad Obi?s emotions weren?t too much. I always worry when writing canon Obi about making him all weepy. I hate that. There?s something so wonderful about Whie in Dark Rendezvous. He?s my new favorite character. [face_love]

Kynstar You bring up a good point. Whie is still just a kid. It wouldn?t be surprising if Anakin?s actions didn?t tarnish any relationship between Whi and Obi. [face_worried]

Drakyndra so you have done very well in getting me to actully care about these characters.

Thanks! That means a lot. [face_blush] I have to agree completely about Whie and he reveals that side to himself in today?s post. And Scout will appear a time or two. ;)

Birdy Adarlon is a very popular place. May get a bit crowded soon. :p

LE Thanks dear. Coming from someone who writes angst so well that?s high praise indeed.

Shaindl Congrats! You?re only about 4000 behind me. Best get busy writing! :D

Indra Wow. That makes me feel better since I?ve worried about this Obi. And I?d like to hug him all the time too. :*

PK I love to imagine a link that formed at birth while Obi-Wan held the newborn Luke. Makes me feel all fuzzy inside. [face_blush]

Altaira I wouldn?t have wanted to be in on those decision making meetings either. I don?t like stress. [face_worried]

Gen_Massimo Thank you. I hope you stick around and continue to enjoy. :)

Ob-wan-shawa Welcome! I shall try to please. :D

Cypher18 Howdy. Sorry this one took so long. :(

Koori Thanks dear. It?s easy to miss posts. This board is moving at hyper speed these days. :_|

YodaKenobi Hi! Watching ROTS and seeing the Temple slaughter I kept thinking how difficult it was to accept that no Jedi managed to survive. The bunny ran amok after I wrote a vig on the Obi challenge thread about Whie and Obi. :D

I hope I can keep this level up throughout.

Chapter Two

The dream began the same way it always did. He was alone in his favorite room in the entire Jedi Temple, the Star Room. He walked amongst the stars that made up the galaxy, his mind at peace as he was able to activate systems with the mere touch of his fingers. It was humbling, standing amid the vast array of lights, watching as stars were born and died in the blink of an eye. He could think in this room, put aside the things that troubled him and just live in the moment.

A blinding flash of light and he found himself in the middle of a sparring session. Master Drallig watched from the sidelines as he and Padawan Bene slowly circled one another, their blades coming together once again in a sizzle of sparks. They?d been at this for some time now, neither giving an inch as each fought with focused determination. He knew by the pleased expression on Master Drallig?s face that the Force was guiding his movements in a show of graceful steps and flowing strikes. It wasn?t until the match ended and he looked up to see Scout?s familiar face watching him from across the salle, a grin wreathing her face, that he realized this wasn?t just a dream.

This was his nightmare come to life.

His return grin was weak at best, his gaze darting around anxiously as he waited for what was to come next. The sound, when it came, made the blood freeze in his veins, Master Drallig?s drawn lightsaber prompting him to reactivate his own as the echo of battle encroached upon their spot.

As if in slow motion, Scout?s head turned toward the doorway behind her, the color draining from her face as a wave of Clone Troopers began to advance. He was in motion before her own blade sprang to life, his hand tightening around the hilt as he ran to where she was deflecting the rain of laser bolts. Before he was able to come to her aid, however, a black robed figure broke th

16. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Yeah, I'll get right on that to catch up. :p

Lovely post! So glad Obi-Wan finally saw reason and decided to let Whie come with him. I wonder how that will change his life on Tatooine? Very intriguing possibilities here - can't wait for more! :)

17. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I am a Jedi just about says it all. Whie could be nothing less and Obi-Wan, even in his devistation, must agree that Whie deserves to be a Jedi. This will certainly change things and I just hope Whie is there to help Obi-Wan when he realizes that Vader isn't dead.

Great job, you retired person you. :p

18. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Obi-Wan now fearing having another padawan - just as I would expect ;)

Whie wanting to do his duty - just as I would expect ;)

Great post! I have to say Whie's dream was poignant in the detail, especially remembering those great characters from Dark Rendevous :_|

Eagerly awaiting more :D

19. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Oh, this has so many possibilities. I love how stubborn Whie is and I can't wait to see what Obi-Wan will do. Great job on showing Obi-Wan's fear of teaching another child.

20. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I loved the description of Whie's nightmare, and his sweet, stubborn insistence to remain with Obi-Wan. So emotional and heart wrenching, o_e. Great job. =D=

21. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    I [face_love] your Whie!!!

22. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Wow, what a dream... :_| Poor Whie. To think he expected to die, with his last thoughts of Scout screaming for him...

Nice try, Obi, but I had a feeling Whie was going to win that round. ;)

23. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ch. 1 - Loved how protective Bail was over young Whie. All the while, he wondered privately how he could ever repay Whie for everything Anakin had stolen from him. Oh my, that line struck hard. :( :(

Ch. 2 - That dream gave me chills... and to wake up and feel you couldn't say a word about who had done such a heinous thing.. well done oe. Even moreso as I read on and see Whie's strength adn resolve. Brilliant.

24. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Oh my! I wonder when Obi-Wan will find out about Vader.

I love how stubborn Whie is. I can see where Obi-Wan would be apprehensive about taking Whie. He would have a more comfortable life on Alderaan. But, he has to acknowledge that Whie is a Jedi.

25. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Go Whie! Way to push the grown-ups around. :)

Waiting (im)patiently for more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.