main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Price of Courage- AU- Obi-Wan/Whie/Luke Updated 4/20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    The man?s boneless body crumpled to the floor, his companion following much less gracefully as the hilt of Luke?s ?saber connected with the back of his head. Whie turned to eye his student with a raised eyebrow, as Luke shrugged and tucked the weapon back into the waistband of his pants.

Well, Luke's way worked just as well. ;) Hmm, wonder what Whie would do had Luke not been able to put them to sleep.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they get them all out safely.

Outstanding post obi_ew .

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Whie?s chin jutted out in determination as he quickly released his own dismay into the Force and locked eyes with his pupil. "We continue with the plan, only now we have three prisoners to rescue."

Oh, sure, Whie - we have 3 prisoners to rescue. It will be easy. Sure, it will.

Great job describing the movie while keeping it right with the AU. Whie is right to worry about Luke. He's rather impetuous at times.

Looking forward to more.

3. milady78

milady78 Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2006
    His expression was clearly challenging as if to say his method was Whie?s fault for not addressing that aspect of his training-I love how this shows the relationship between the two.

"You wanted to learn. Now is your chance."-Cute

I?m looking forward to how the rescue operation proceeds.

Of course the big question is ?drum roll? Will the big Death Star Battle be:

Vader VS Obi-Wan
    Vader VS Whie
    Vader VS Luke
    OR
    Vader Vs Whie and Luke

Thanks for the PM.

Milady @};-

4. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Woo Hoo! I think it should be easy Old One. I mean if Luke and Han could do it in ANH, I think two jedi should have no problem. Yeah... [face_worried]

OK, I know I am deluding myself but it'll all work out. Right?

I'm just glad Whie is still alive![face_love]

5. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I have been keeping up on this wonderful story, printing it out for plane rides and such. I was delighted to see a post up when I had free computer time this evening. Stellar as always =D=

Whie - I can't say how much I love how you developed him into a mature character. He is just as I would imagine him had he survived in canon. He is a fabulous mentor for Luke.

Luke - It's really fun to see an alternative path for Luke, a truer Jedi training throughout his life. It makes the ANH tale different and refreshingly exciting, yet still the same wonderful story deep down.

Keep up the good work, and good luck this weekend. This story deserved every nom it got. ;)

6. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    He makes it sound so simple, doesn't he?:p

7. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Oh So close Whie better keep control of Luke other wise everyone will know they are there.[face_worried]

Obi-wan better not get angry with whie for coming. [face_shame_on_you]

Because Leia was going to be executed soon.:eek:

Obi-wan couldn't help her by himself but with Whie Vos and Luke
    they might have a chance[face_dancing]

another great update.

8. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Thanks for the PM!

It was just the Force reminding him that he wasn?t getting any younger. Even in the SW universe...

The man?s boneless body crumpled to the floor, his companion following much less gracefully as the hilt of Luke?s ?saber connected with the back of his head. Whie turned to eye his student with a raised eyebrow, as Luke shrugged and tucked the weapon back into the waistband of his pants. Luke!

"You wanted to learn. Now is your chance." [face_laugh]

Once the soldiers were secured within the cell, Luke locked them inside before following his mentor?s example and pulling the helmet over his head. Whie led the way from the ship and walked with a confident stride as they made their way through the bustling docking bay and into hallways teeming with Imperials. Vos had given them very concise directions on how to reach a rarely used communications room where they could meet up and proceed with the plan. It took surprisingly little time to reach their destination, both Jedi walking into the room with a sense of purpose that drew no notice from the few others in this section of the space station who scurried through the hallways intent on their own business. Same room as canon, I presume?

"I wish R2 had come along." Artoo! Yeah, he would be helpful.

Whie?s eyes widened in disbelief before he was able to pull a serene mask firmly back into place. "Well then it is a good thing we came when we did. Where is her cell in relationship to Obi-Wan?s?" Yes, it is.

While Luke went to work, Whie stroked his chin as he contemplated what could have happened if they had waited even one day more. Princess Leia Organa would have been executed before she and her unknown brother even had a chance to get to know one another. Darth Vader, formerly known as Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, would have had his gloved hands stained with the blood of his own daughter, and Whie would have failed in one of his most vital missions. Slightly chilling paragraph.

"Vos. Vader has imprisoned Vos as well." Luke finally explained as he gathered himself and peered up at Whie through anguished eyes. "Now what do we do?" And now they know.

Whie?s chin jutted out in determination as he quickly released his own dismay into the Force and locked eyes with his pupil. "We continue with the plan, only now we have three prisoners to rescue." Yes, three. And that's going to be complicated. But two of the three are Jedi, and Obi knows his way around.

There were still two of them left and the fact that they were Jedi tilted the odds in their favor. But there's also a Sith to deal with...

Wonderful update!

9. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    It was just the Force reminding him that he wasn?t getting any younger. [face_laugh]

I really liked seeing the relationship between Whie and Luke and their rather different styles of handling things. They make a great master-padawan duo. Hopefully having a plan and knowing more about where they are (from what Vos told them) will give them an edge.

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Yet another great post! =D= It's very satisfying to watch these characters progress and grow.

The two Jedi braced themselves as the sound of booted feet against the floor could be heard, their blades hissing to life with cunning accuracy as they deftly flicked the blasters from the unsuspecting troopers? hands. It only took a split second for Whie to come to a decision, and reaching out, he took Luke?s ?saber from his hand. Meeting his pupil?s look of puzzlement he jerked his head in the soldiers direction.

"You wanted to learn. Now is your chance."

Luke seemed hesitant at first as he gathered the Force and stretched out a hand toward the visibly anxious troopers. His brow furrowed into deep lines of concentration as he brought his will to bear on the now captive men, both beginning to shake their heads in a vain attempt to clear the foggy haze descending on them. The instant the men dropped to the floor, the Jedi were stripping them of their white armor before donning the borrowed items themselves.

Loved this! It's sort of like putting a kid in the deep end of the pool. [face_laugh]

=D=

11. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Just wanted to drop by and see how this awesome story was going. I see that I've fallen sooooo far behind that it may take forever to catch back up. But I know it'll be worth it! [face_laugh] Especially since I finally got a computer and the means to cheat the net again. I'll be reading this weekend, and hopefully can get back here next week.

I saw in you comments that you got nommed for this one, just want to wish you luck.

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

12. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    I love seeing Whie and Luke in action. [face_love] They make such a great team.

Can't wait to see what's coming. [face_dancing]

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Great action post.

Why couldn't the big scene be Vader v. Vos?

14. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Great post I cant wait for the next one, hopefully that'll be soon I cant wait to see how they as trained Jedi pull it off compared to the movies.

15. ObiDeeKenobi

ObiDeeKenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    Long but great work - specially the Scout cameo back in 19 (though the "hysterical puddle" line uncomftably reminds me of the technique i hate in many books - thinking "Strong/Feminist = ice queen" - you can be emotional and yes girly and still be a strong and/or feminist woman)

Anyway keep up the good work!

16. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Great update!

Although I think that rescuing 3 prisoners is going to be slightly more difficult than rescuing one prisoner-- lucky that four of the five people involved are Jedi :p

I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next!

jcs

17. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    Well, at least that part of Whie's plan went off without problems. Now they have to worry about the rest of it . . . .

Three prisoners to rescue: an old Jedi, an undercover Jedi, and a potential Jedi. I wonder if Vader truely realizes what he has captive, disregarding the fact that Leia's his daughter.

Oh, the suspense.

18. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Whie and Luke have a definite challenge before them. [face_worried] I hope they can rescue all three, but I have a bad feeling about this.

Great post!

19. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    LOL on Luke knocking the one guy out with the saber's hilt! [face_laugh] Good to see he caught on though to put the others asleep. ;)

Yep... 3 prisoners to rescue now. Poor guys...gotta feel for them on that!

Excellent update!! :D

20. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    G__Anakin: It looks like the action is coming soon.

Action? I have to include action? [face_worried]

Leona: Well, Luke's way worked just as well.

A bit more primitive but effective. ;)

Diane: It will be easy. Sure, it will.

And why wouldn?t it be? :p

Milady78: I love how this shows the relationship between the two.

Thanks. :) I?ve had fun developing their relationship.

Yodan: I'm just glad Whie is still alive!

Me too! [face_love]

TKL: Whie - I can't say how much I love how you developed him into a mature character. He is just as I would imagine him had he survived in canon. He is a fabulous mentor for Luke.

That means so much. [face_blush] I love the character so much I would hate to ruin him.

Jaira: He makes it sound so simple, doesn't he?

Maybe he knows something we don?t? [face_mischief]

Gkilkenny: Obi-wan better not get angry with whie for coming.

I don?t think Obi-Wan will shy away from letting his displeasure be known. [face_worried]

Independence1776: Yes, three. And that's going to be complicated. But two of the three are Jedi, and Obi knows his way around.

That will come in handy for sure. ;)

LIO: Hopefully having a plan and knowing more about where they are (from what Vos told them) will give them an edge.

It will make things easier. For awhile at any rate. [face_devil]

VL: It's very satisfying to watch these characters progress and grow.

And I am so glad they continue to please. :)

DL: Especially since I finally got a computer and the means to cheat the net again.

Yay! [face_dancing] Hope to see you back more.

Mousche: I love seeing Whie and Luke in action. They make such a great team.

Thanks. I enjoy them. [face_love]

PK: Why couldn't the big scene be Vader v. Vos?

It could be. [face_mischief]

Peagis: Great post I cant wait for the next one, hopefully that'll be soon I cant wait to see how they as trained Jedi pull it off compared to the movies.

A lot smoother and quieter? [face_laugh]

ObiDeeKenobi: you can be emotional and yes girly and still be a strong and/or feminist woman)

Welcome. :) True but in the book Scout always seemed determined to be strong and not show her emotions too much.

Jaina_clan_solo: Although I think that rescuing 3 prisoners is going to be slightly more difficult than rescuing one prisoner

Naw! Piece of cake. [face_liarliar]

LadyLunas: I wonder if Vader truely realizes what he has captive, disregarding the fact that Leia's his daughter.

He will soon. [face_skull]

KMA: I hope they can rescue all three, but I have a bad feeling about this.

Should I kill someone off? [face_devil]

Kyn: LOL on Luke knocking the one guy out with the saber's hilt!

It seemed like something he would do. :D

Thanks as always to Noifor helping me get unstuck. [:D]

Special thanks to all of you who nommed and voted for this little fic in the Summer Awards. It ended up winning Best Epic - Best Non-human for R2D2 and most important to me Best Canon Interpretation Male for Whie. Thanks so much for thinking about it and for always leaving such wonderful replies. [face_love]

Chapter Fifty-Nine

Whie adjusted his grip on the borrowed blaster while he watched the control panel count down the floors as their pod shot through the elevator tube. In a matter of seconds they would be in the center of the detention area command center with no time to stop and plan their next move. His attention shifted toward his companion as the young man tugged at the concealing white helmet with a black gloved hand.

"I can?t see a thing in this helmet," Luke muttered in frustration.

Although he had to agree with the sentiment and now understood the reaso

21. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    "I can?t see a thing in this helmet," Luke muttered in frustration.

Although he had to agree with the sentiment and now understood the reason behind the storm troopers' now legendary poor shooting skills...

[face_laugh] Well, that explains it. Yay! They all got to see one another again ... but for how long? [face_worried] I'm biting my fingernails, here.

And congratulations again on your much-deserved awards, especially Whie's! [face_love]

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    He was temporarily unable to speak, the air locked in his chest as he stared numbly at his mentor through the concealing helmet

I have to admit mine did too a bit reading this.

"You and I will discuss your involvement in this matter at a later date," Obi-Wan warned his friend.

A discussion I very much want to see. :D :D

The Force did indeed seem to be with them and they all just might get off the Death Star before Vader even noticed anything was amiss.

Ack, don't even think his name! It was almost far too easy. [face_worried] [face_worried]

Outstanding post!!

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It wasn?t until he and Obi-Wan stepped into their own tube and began to move that he felt the first stirrings of success. The Force did indeed seem to be with them and they all just might get off the Death Star before Vader even noticed anything was amiss.
    I'm not as optomistic. Rescue did go smoothly though. that's a good thing.

24. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great chapter![face_love]

I really like this story

25. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Move before Vader catches you all. They need to move faster than that. Jeez, Jedi are like heading cats.

I wonder if Whie is going to face Vader. After all, his visions kept telling him that he would and Vader's been after him for years.

Good job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.