main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Price of Courage- AU- Obi-Wan/Whie/Luke Updated 4/20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Yay! Whie and Luke managed to get to the three of them with success, it would be nice if they got away with equal success. [face_praying]

:D

2. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Whoa! I've been away from the thread for a while but everything seems to be going along swimmingly. <*eg*> I don't think Whie should count his chickens before they hatch. I get this feeling that just when they--our heros-- think they are in the clear Vader is going to swoop down on them like a vulture.

I think Vader has kept Obi-wan alive all this time to try and break him. And poor Obi, after Alderaan is destroyed he's pretty close to cracking. I just get this feeling everytime Vader taunts Obi-wan about something, he is gleefully smiling at Obi-wan's misery.

This of course makes it difficult to have any sympathy at all for Vader even though a part of me feels I should be feeling some kind of sympathy for him. Especially with the Jedi Family Reunion happening aboard the Death Star and Vader's completely oblivious. But I get the feeling Vader's about to reenter and stomp on Whie's feelings of success.

Still a wonderful story as always and Congrats on getting Best Epic - Best Non-human for R2D2 and Best Canon Interpretation Male for Whie. You deserve it and so does Whie. :D

bran

3. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Thanks for the PM! And sorry I was so late in replying- I had to move back to college this weekend.

Although he had to agree with the sentiment and now understood the reason behind the storm troopers' now legendary poor shooting skills, Whie knew it was imperative that Luke keep his thoughts on the here and now. That explains it!

The officer swore under his breath as he punched at various buttons with no results."Get a tech up here right away. You would think they would have worked out all of the bugs before implementing a new system." HA!

Feeling the minutes slip away, Whie lifted a hand from his blaster and waved it in the air while addressing the officers in a compelling voice. He's using a mind trick under Vader's nose?!

The cultured Core World voice jerked Whie out of his stupor and he tucked the blaster under his arm while reaching up to remove the helmet. He heard Obi-Wan?s sharply indrawn breath as his identity was revealed, those luminous eyes widening in stunned surprise as they carefully surveyed his features. Whie held himself still as Obi-Wan slowly unwound and came to his feet, hands that trembled hesitantly lifting to touch his face. Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Setting his blaster on the bench, Whie took the device from Obi-Wan?s hands and switched it on before slowly moving it over the Jedi Master?s body. "It will find the tracking device and disable it. Or so we hope." So he wasn't handed a lightsaber?

"You and I will discuss your involvement in this matter at a later date," Obi-Wan warned his friend. Why do I sense a lecture?

Obi-Wan nodded in understanding as he studied the small group. "The tractor beam will need to be disabled or they can just lock on the ship and prevent us from leaving. I know where it is from my walks around the station so I will go." Uh-oh.

"We will both go," Whie inserted as he prepared to put the helmet back on. "We can meet back up in the control room before heading for the ship." Little more relieved, but not by much.

"We shall see you shortly and May the Force be with you." Correction: you hope you will see them later.

It wasn?t until he and Obi-Wan stepped into their own tube and began to move that he felt the first stirrings of success. The Force did indeed seem to be with them and they all just might get off the Death Star before Vader even noticed anything was amiss. Ha! They're too cocky. Much too cocky. The Force may be with them, but it may have other plans.

I love that the prison escape went so well, unlike in canon. But I have the feeling that things are going to get a little hairy for them, and very quickly. =D=

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Grinning, Whie replaced his helmet and grasped the Jedi Master?s elbow as they too headed for the exit. Luke and the others were already safely enclosed in an elevator tube when they arrived so they waited for the doors to open on the next available one. Whie relaxed slightly as their companions were swept upward, his attention drawn toward the command center where a harried tech now labored over the mysteriously malfunctioning equipment. A subtle flick of his fingers and the monitors once again began to flicker madly while the tech watched in bafflement.

It wasn?t until he and Obi-Wan stepped into their own tube and began to move that he felt the first stirrings of success. The Force did indeed seem to be with them and they all just might get off the Death Star before Vader even noticed anything was amiss.

Okay, yes it seems everything went smoothly, but this is a Skywalker, so I know it won't be that easy! :D Looking forward to seeing what happens next...I think. [face_worried]

A wonderful update! =D=

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    One can only hope they'll make it off there! [face_worried] That many Force sensitive folks on the ship... Vader is sure to get 'wind' of them

Glad to see them all together again! Loved the reunion with Obi and Whie [face_love]

Great update! :D

6. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Great stuff, I was wondering if you'd use the trash compactor scene or not with R2 not being there

7. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I'm with Kyn, that many Force-sensitives should've had Vader on them in a heartbeat....

8. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    It wasn't until he and Obi-Wan stepped into their own tube and began to move that he felt the first stirrings of success. The Force did indeed seem to be with them and they all just might get off the Death Star before Vader even noticed anything was amiss.

[face_worried] I think it was too easy. (While I like easy... easy means the good guys are all okay) Easy also means that the big bad is just lurking elsewhere getting ready to really deliver some evilness.

Congratulations on your wins! They are all well deserved!

I can't wait to see what happens next!

jcs

9. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Great update. I especially loved the reunion between Whie and Obi-Wan. It's beautifully written. I liked the trick with the mysteriously malfunctioning equipment too. [face_laugh]

10. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Congrats on the wins! *throws confetti* I know I'm a little late for the party and all, but isn't it better late than never? *innocent smile*

Grabbed the last post, so can't comment on it yet, but the others that I've been behind on were nothing short of awesome! Got to keep this short, I'm actually in class right now, but hope to see more soon.

--later--
    6669[face_devil]

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I think that was the easy part- now comes the real fun :)

12. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Wow great job I just now caught up. Will you add me to the pm list if you have one plese?

13. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Mousche: They all got to see one another again ... but for how long?

Good question! Thanks for the congrats. :)

Leona: Ack, don't even think his name! It was almost far too easy.

Too late! :D

RebelMom: I'm not as optomistic.

You?re not alone. [face_worried]

G__Anakin: I really like this story

Thank you. I?m glad. :)

Diane: I wonder if Whie is going to face Vader. After all, his visions kept telling him that he would and Vader's been after him for years.

Cue ominous music. [face_devil]

KMA: Whie and Luke managed to get to the three of them with success, it would be nice if they got away with equal success.

That would be nice wouldn?t it? ;)

ThatJediScum: But I get the feeling Vader's about to reenter and stomp on Whie's feelings of success.

Mawhahahahaha! [face_skull]

Independence1776: I love that the prison escape went so well, unlike in canon. But I have the feeling that things are going to get a little hairy for them, and very quickly.

Your feelings serve you well. :p

VL: Okay, yes it seems everything went smoothly, but this is a Skywalker, so I know it won't be that easy!

Well Whie?s track record isn?t so good either. :D

Kyn: That many Force sensitive folks on the ship... Vader is sure to get 'wind' of them

You have no idea. [face_mischief]

Peagis: Great stuff, I was wondering if you'd use the trash compactor scene or not with R2 not being there

Not one of my favorite scenes so I was glad it didn?t fit. :D

Jaira: I'm with Kyn, that many Force-sensitives should've had Vader on them in a heartbeat....

You may be right. ;)

Jaina_clan_solo: Easy also means that the big bad is just lurking elsewhere getting ready to really deliver some evilness.

Oh you can count on that. [face_mischief]

LIO: I liked the trick with the mysteriously malfunctioning equipment too.

I had to figure out some way to get around Vader discovering Obi?s tracking device was not working too early. :p

DL: Got to keep this short, I'm actually in class right now, but hope to see more soon.

I was kind of pokey with this one. [face_blush] Sorry.

PK: I think that was the easy part- now comes the real fun

From a certain point of view. ;)

Jturtle: Please add me to the Pm list.

Welcome. And I'd be happy to. :)

Thanks as always to Noi for the help. And sorry this post took so long. Another bunny has been biting hard.

Chapter Sixty

The warning came through the Force with the impact of an exploding thermal detonator. One minute he was listening as Tarkin and the others discussed the Death Star?s capabilities and the next he was forced to reach out with a gloved hand to clutch the back of Tarkin?s chair. If he hadn?t there was no doubt in his mind that he would now be laying flat on his back.

Blocking out the false murmurs of concern from men who would take great delight in his demise, he reached out to find the source of the fluctuation in the Force. He was dismayed to discover that the spike had not originated from a single source as he had expected, but rather from separate and distinctly different entities. Realization quickly coalesced into the only explanation that made any sense. His Jedi prisoners had made their move.

No sooner had the thought entered his mind than the door slid open and a harried officer hurried to his side. As the man opened his mouth to speak, Vader lifted a black gloved hand and the officer leaned closer so that his words wouldn?t carry to the others.

"Sorry to intrude, Lord Vader, but I felt you should know that we received an alert from the detention level. It seems the instrumentation system has gone haywire and they are working frantically to get it fixed."

Vader paused as rage began to bur

14. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Cliffy!! :p Evil cliffy! [face_shame_on_you] But then again you are known for that! [face_mischief]

Well done!! Poor Obi... but Whie does love him and thinks Luke would benefit mightily from his training. Which is true :)

Gonna chew me nails off wondering what's gonna happen! :p

Well done! Loved this chapter!

15. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Excellent!!=D= Finally Whie will confront
    his demons and I have complete faith in whie to
    end Vaders reign.

Besides he's the star of your story.
    the Hero never dies[face_praying]

Such a wonderful cliffy!!
    Leaving us to think of all the ways
    of Vaders demise.[face_laugh]

16. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Whie is more stubborn than Luke. Vader has been looking to convert Whie not kill him. *sigh* Is Luke going to interupt? Is Obi-Wan?

PM me when you update again.

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    "It?s currently offline. Fortunately your orders were carried out and the prisoner transfers went through without any problems."

Bye bye, now. ;)

He?d allowed Obi-Wan to stay alive for too long. Hopefully, his mistake will never be rectified.

As much as I hate to see Whie confront Vader at all, he is young and hopefully very much stronger than Vader. I'll keep my fingers crossed for him.

18. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    A cliffy! I liked the twist on the original story line where Obi-Wan goes to face Vader. Thanks for the PM.
    Great Post!

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    YIKES! :eek:

"Whie! No!"

The cry was lost as the door sealed them on opposite sides. Knowing his mentor far too well, Whie ignited his ?saber and plunged the glowing green blade through the control panel, effectively disabling it. The scene had been similar to one of his dreams and yet different. Luke?s presence had been absent and Whie had been able to change the final outcome. It gave him a sense of peace knowing that, even if he fell during his confrontation with Vader, Obi-Wan would now be alive to guide Luke the rest of the way.

Wrapping both hands around the hilt of his weapon, he turned and began to make his way down the still hallway. Sweat began to gather on his forehead the further he traveled as a distinctive sound began to resonate in his ears. It was the hiss of machine assisted breathing and signaled that his nemesis waited ahead.

Stilling his mind, Whie braced himself to face Darth Vader face-to-face for the first time in over twenty-years.

I have no confidence that you won't kill off Whie! [face_worried] I know you'll go where the muse leads, even if it hurts. :_|

Oh please update soon. =D=

20. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    GAH!!!:eek:

21. milady78

milady78 Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2006
    "Prisoner transfers?" Vader knew there was really no reason to ask. He already knew what the response would be.

A brief flash of uncertainty and fear entered the officer's eyes as he responded. "The two Jedi and Princess Leia were picked up by the troopers you sent to relocate them."
    -Somehow I doubt this officer will be breathing for much longer.

Vader was acutely aware of the disapproving stare being sent his direction as Tarkin began to pace the room. "I told you it was dangerous to keep him alive. What if he does manage to escape and word gets back to the Emperor? We shall both pay for this deception."

"He will not escape. I will face him. Alone."
    -Let?s hope that this is another example of ?confidence being his undoing?. [face_praying]Let Obi live.

I liked how both Obi-Wan and Whie tried to meet Vader alone. Slight martyr complexes between the both of them.:D I was surprised that Whie was the one to succeed. Should be interesting.

Good update! Can?t wait to see how things turn out.

22. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    [face_worried]

Great Chapter!

23. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Well, Whie sure showed him, didn't he? So much for older and wiser. :p Now we can only hope that Vader doesn't chew him up and spit him out. <insert bad feeling line here>

24. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved that you turned the ANH scene around. Obi-Wan was saying goodbye to Whie but he wasn't ready for that. Loved that he was able to keep Obi from following. Are we coming to an end? Is Whie going to die????

Great job.

25. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    :eek:

[face_worried]

That's not good! I don't think that Whie should face Vader alone... He and Obi-Wan should take him together. Numbers can work to their advantage.

Can't wait to see what happens next!

jcs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.