main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Price of Courage- AU- Obi-Wan/Whie/Luke Updated 4/20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Haven't been able to read the new ch. yet, but I do have it copied to read at home tonight. I must admit that I have been checking in during class every chance I get to see if you've updated, because this is surely a must read. Even if it takes me forever to be able to.

You've done a great job of setting everything up for this coming confrontation, and all that is sure to follow. I have faith that it will be awesome, and can't wait to see how it all turns out.

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

2. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Evil cliffie!!!!! [face_devil]

Vader will be glad to see Whie since he's been looking for him. I wonder if Whie will be tempted by the darkside. [face_thinking]

Great chapter!

3. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Thanks for the PM!

Your feelings serve you well. Don't you know I'm Force- sensitive? :p

The warning came through the Force with the impact of an exploding thermal detonator. One minute he was listening as Tarkin and the others discussed the Death Star?s capabilities and the next he was forced to reach out with a gloved hand to clutch the back of Tarkin?s chair. If he hadn?t there was no doubt in his mind that he would now be laying flat on his back. [face_laugh] And I would willing pay to see Vader faint.

His Jedi prisoners had made their move. Oh, but they just weren't his prisoners...

Vader in the meantime turned back to bark orders to the nervous looking officer who awaited direction. "Put all sections on the alert for the Jedi. Shoot to kill, all except for Kenobi. I will deal with him personally." Not good. Too much firepower can overwhelm even the strongest.

He?d allowed Obi-Wan to stay alive for too long. Eep.

"Vader has sounded the alarm which means everyone on this station will be on the lookout for us. The armor is useless at this point and will only hinder us." Making certain his light saber was within hand's reach, Whie grasped the blaster and gestured toward the exit. "Let?s go meet the others." Well, get a move on. And very good point.

"He?s here. He?s found us," Obi-Wan breathed, eyes darting around as if he expected Vader to spring from out of nowhere. Obi-Wan, paranoid?

His forward progress was halted when Obi-Wan brushed past and turned to level the blaster at his chest. Eyes widening in shock, Whie felt his heart drop when he spotted the look of resolve that burned in the multi-hued eyes. Oh, this is interesting.

"I must go alone. Your destiny lies along a different path than mine." A smile of affection accompanied the solemn words. Reminiscant of canon.

"This is not your fight, son. You have an important mission to complete." Yes, the training of Luke Skywalker.

Those jeweled eyes once again met his, affection and regret gleaming in their depths. "Remember everything I?ve taught you and know that I will be with you, always." Canon...

Before Whie could voice a protest, Obi-Wan turned and hurried to meet Vader with nothing but a blaster to defend himself. Idiot!

The cry was lost as the door sealed them on opposite sides. Knowing his mentor far too well, Whie ignited his ?saber and plunged the glowing green blade through the control panel, effectively disabling it. The scene had been similar to one of his dreams and yet different. Luke?s presence had been absent and Whie had been able to change the final outcome. It gave him a sense of peace knowing that, even if he fell during his confrontation with Vader, Obi-Wan would now be alive to guide Luke the rest of the way. Well, if that one vision is different...

Stilling his mind, Whie braced himself to face Darth Vader face-to-face for the first time in over twenty-years. This ought to be interesting. Will Vader be expecting him? I rather doubt it...

That cliffy is evil! Wonderfully well done, though.

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Oh great Queen of Cliffies... That was just cruel leaving us there

5. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    You can't leave it there!

I loved that Vader knew something was up. And I was so torn with seeing Obi-Wan and Whie try to be the first to go face Vader. I hope Whie is ready.

6. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Finally got a chance to comment on this EVIL CLIFFIE! Well, if that doesn't about sum up my feelings on this latest chapter, I give up. [face_laugh] Loved the tension, the suspense, the whole thing!

Gotta go, in class and we are about to have a test. :_|

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

7. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    A brief flash of uncertainty and fear entered the officer's eyes as he responded. "The two Jedi and Princess Leia were picked up by the troopers you sent to relocate them." - Oopsie! [face_laugh]

One wrong step and Obi-Wan would plummet hundreds of miles to certain death. His mentor had merely offered him an impish smile when Whie had protested that they had come too far to lose him now.
    Hee, I loved this. I also liked how Whie used his memories of the clone troopers to pull off the act convincingly. The tension in this chapter is great. I wasn't sure what was going to happen.

Before Whie could voice a protest, Obi-Wan turned and hurried to meet Vader with nothing but a blaster to defend himself. Crazy AND uncivilized! I think Whie may stand a better chance, but if something happens to him it will break Obi-Wan's heart. :_|

8. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Chapter 59: Oh so good OE. Sooooooooooo Good. :-* Whie. I am glad they seem to be doing so well. Hope it keeps up.

Chapter 60: [face_worried] I spoke too soon. :_| If you kill Whie, I'll never forgive you! [face_beatup]

Wonderful updates. More soon. I mean it OE. Or Else. Be Afraid. Very Afraid. Really. No Jokes. :p

9. In_Luv_wit_kenobi

In_Luv_wit_kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2003
    finally found this again. amazing story and character development. you just can't let whie die, not after all these years!!!. waiting for ups.

10. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I want to apologize for the delay in between posts. First my muse was abducted by an evil bunny and then Darth Real Life decided to be really cruel to me. I'll do replies to the previous post soon but I wanted to get this up. Thanks to everyone who read and replied. :)

Thansk as always to Noi for the help. @};-

Chapter Sixty-One

Vader felt a thrill of excitement as the strong presence of a Force user drew closer to where he was waiting. The Sith Lord?s ?saber was clasped in one hand although he made no move to activate it yet. He was confident that age had slowed Anakin Skywalker?s old master enough that the former Jedi would be unable to attack before Vader could bring his own weapon to life. He was looking forward to the impending confrontation with great relish. It was well past time the final ghost of Skywalker?s former life be laid to rest.

The figure that rounded the corner before coming to a stop to face him was not the aging figure of Obi-Wan Kenobi. A young man in his prime stood with a defiant expression on his face, a light saber clasped in one hand. The silent inventory Vader took of his unexpected opponent soon had his heart racing and echoing in his ears. Long dark blond hair was caught behind the young man?s head, dark green eyes gleaming brightly in a lightly tanned face. Only average in height, the young man was obviously well conditioned and carried himself with the graceful confidence of a trained warrior. Although the features had been toughened by life and nature, their was no doubt in Vader?s mind that this man was the adult version of the boy he?d faced that day long ago in the Temple. The boy who haunted his dreams. Whie Malreaux.

Swallowing an almost hysterical bubble of giddy laughter, Vader urged himself to use caution now that the object of his search was finally within reach. "I?ve been waiting for you, young Malreaux. Your destiny lies with me."

The Jedi bristled at his words, hands convulsing around the hilt of his weapon. "You are gravely mistaken, Lord Vader. I?ve come to end your reign of terror once and for all."

"It is you who are mistaken, young Jedi. You will join me or die," Vader promised as he ignited his weapon. It was time to see if years of searching were worth the credits and manpower he had expended.

Malreaux ignited his own green blade while settling into a defensive stance, eyes narrowed as he watched and waited for Vader to make the first move. Only too happy to oblige, Vader lunged forward with a vicious downward swing that was expertly deflected. Malreaux slid his own blade along the glowing red ?saber while using the distraction to slip under Vader?s defenses. Smiling beneath the mask at the young man?s ingenuity, Vader slammed his armored body against the much smaller man in order to place distance between them.

The young Jedi was thrown across the hall where he slammed into the durasteel wall with a muffled groan. Vader gave him no time to catch his breath, the red blade barely evaded as Malreaux threw himself to the side, eyes wide as Vader?s ?saber scored a black streak in the wall where he had just stood. Determined to test the young man, Vader moved forward in relentless pursuit, their red and green blades a blur as they thrust and parried countless blows.

The further he drove Malreaux through the hallways and toward the docking bay, the more Vader was able to spot the lack of finesse in the Jedi?s fighting style. Someone, Kenobi no doubt, had done an admirable job of advancing the boy?s training to a level that was equal to a knight but there were still obvious flaws that would need to be corrected.

And yet even the few weaknesses could not distract from the innate grace and ease of motion in which the young man moved. It brought back a brief phantom memory of the days long ago when the Jedi?s Chosen One had been infused with just as much poetry of motion. Brutally squashing the ghost, Vader turned his thoughts to that mission on Vjun when Malreaux had been enticed by the dark forces that flood

11. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    :) I really liked that chapter

12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Cool. I love that Whie's vision from so long ago became true but not enough to kill him or go with Vader into the dark. Luke's always blasting those doors. He should be great by now. LOL.

Wonderful action. I could picture it so clearly. Great job.

13. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Great update!

I'm really happy that Luke, Obi-Wan and Whie all survived :D ... for the moment anyway.

The fight between Vader and Whie was really well written, I fear that it's just a warm-up for something much worse yet to come

can't wait for more!

jcs

14. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    A post! A post! [face_dancing]

Vader felt a thrill of excitement as the strong presence of a Force user drew closer to where he was waiting. The Sith Lord?s ?saber was clasped in one hand although he made no move to activate it yet. He was confident that age had slowed Anakin Skywalker?s old master enough that the former Jedi would be unable to attack before Vader could bring his own weapon to life. He was looking forward to the impending confrontation with great relish. It was well past time the final ghost of Skywalker?s former life be laid to rest. He thinks it's Obi-Wan! [face_laugh]

Swallowing an almost hysterical bubble of giddy laughter, Vader urged himself to use caution now that the object of his search was finally within reach. "I?ve been waiting for you, young Malreaux. Your destiny lies with me." Giddy? Somehow, Vader and giddy just seem.... wrong. And he is gravely mistaken.

"It is you who are mistaken, young Jedi. You will join me or die," Vader promised as he ignited his weapon. Wonderful twist in the canon.

The further he drove Malreaux through the hallways and toward the docking bay, the more Vader was able to spot the lack of finesse in the Jedi?s fighting style. Someone, Kenobi no doubt, had done an admirable job of advancing the boy?s training to a level that was equal to a knight but there were still obvious flaws that would need to be corrected. He hasn't had much oppurtunity to practise against many people, so I'd expect that.

Hearing the clatter of their booted feet near, Vader lifted a gloved hand and unleashed a powerful Force push that sent Malreaux stumbling, the Jedi?s legs entangling and sending him crashing to his backside. Eep!

"Stay back!" Vader?s roar stopped the troopers in their tracks, the Sith Lord advancing on his prone opponent and driving the tip of his blade into Malreaux?s thigh before the Jedi could regain his feet. Ow...

An anguished cry of pain was quickly muffled, the young Jedi clasping the smoking wound with one hand while his own weapon was kicked from his other hand. As the silver cylinder clattered several feet away, green eyes glowed with the inner light and focus Vader knew was an ingrained part of all Jedi. Malreaux was prepared to die. Pressing the tip of his red blade against the young man?s throat, Vader took a moment just to savor the thrill of having his wishes come to fruition after so many years. Somehow, I don't think they will, at least not now.

The terrified scream effectively captured Vader?s attention, his head shifting toward the source of the outburst. His men were already moving to intercept the intruder, the unknown boy picking them off with admirable efficiency as he slowly began to make his way in their direction. Luke...

Malreaux?s pained whisper was filled with an emotion that raised alarm bells in Vader?s head. A quick survey revealed nothing special about the youth, Vader?s ire inflamed as a familiar figure moved in to help protect the boy?s back. Kenobi?s gaze rested on Malreaux before lifting to pin Vader with an accusing stare. Obi-Wan!

Vader was consumed with rage, forced to watch helplessly as the boy fired off a series of shots that sent the blast door slamming down. Cut off from the fugitives and in danger of letting the prize slip through his fingers, Vader turned on a squad of troopers approaching from behind and grabbed the leader by the throat. Fingers clawed at his gloved hand as he lifted the hapless soldier in the air and began to shake him like a child?s toy. Wonderful addition of canon!

"Are you certain the homing beacon is secure aboard their ship?"
    "Everything is in place."
    "You had better be right about this, Vader. I?m taking an awful risk."
    Ignoring the dire warning, Vader glared out at the empty spot where only seconds ago Vos? ship had been visible. He was even more determined to get his hands on Malreaux. The young Jedi would either join him or die.
    And here commences canon- with a twist.

Wonderful update! And I lov

15. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    they all got away. That's good for now. Vader's still obsessed with Whie so even though Luke was there, he went unnoticed. Good for Luke, bad for Whie.

16. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

the wait was worth it.[face_dancing]

At least Whie will have a chance to regain
    his strength.
    Even though there is a tracking device.
    They are powerful in their numbers now.

Great update.=D=

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    The tension of waiting for Vader to know who is about to confront him is nearly unbearable, and yet, there's this little thing of not wanting to read further, in case Whie doesn't survive.

Dammit, curiosity so wins out though. :p

Arrrghhh, so exciting!!! No Luke! Yay for blaster doors.

Whoa. That was an amazing post!! :D :D

18. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! Very intense chapter. I love your depiction of Vader. it was right on!

Whie got wounded! :_| But he got away. [face_dancing]

Once again you have us on the edge of our seats. [face_devil]

Wonderful post, oe!

19. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    *Whew!* Hefty post indeed! Glad they got away! [face_dancing] Yay!!

But what now... [face_worried] Plans, yeah they gotta take the plans to safety to brief the other Rebels.

Great job! :D :D

20. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I am glad that Whie and everyone escaped, though I worry that Vader saw Luke and now seems more desperate than before to get his hands on Whie.

Hmmm, I think Obi-Wan and Whie are going to have a lot to talk about on the trip back to Yavin.

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Poor Whie! [face_love] Lots going on in this chapter, but they're safe...for NOW! Well, sort of. :p

Vader was consumed with rage, forced to watch helplessly as the boy fired off a series of shots that sent the blast door slamming down. Cut off from the fugitives and in danger of letting the prize slip through his fingers, Vader turned on a squad of troopers approaching from behind and grabbed the leader by the throat. Fingers clawed at his gloved hand as he lifted the hapless soldier in the air and began to shake him like a child?s toy.

"You fools!"

There was a grotesque snap before the man went limp in his grasp. Tossing the body aside with a snarl, Vader spun on his heel and strode in the opposite direction, his mind churning with a host of dark thoughts. By the time he reached the main bridge, Tarkin had already arrived and stood watching as a ship soared into the distance. Hands clasped behind his back, the governor spoke without bothering to acknowledge his presence.

"Are you certain the homing beacon is secure aboard their ship?"

"Everything is in place."

"You had better be right about this, Vader. I?m taking an awful risk."

Ignoring the dire warning, Vader glared out at the empty spot where only seconds ago Vos? ship had been visible. He was even more determined to get his hands on Malreaux. The young Jedi would either join him or die.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

22. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Great post, and well worth the wait. A homing beacon? Didn't see that one coming! [face_laugh] This should prove to be quite interesting...

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

23. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Temper Temper- Vadey deosn't do a good job of keeping his cool

24. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    I missed three posts. I hate DRL.

I really love how you've twisted canon in this story. Vader is malevolent, Luke still the idealist, and Obi-Wan still has that dry sense of humour. Brilliant.

I'm looking forward to whatever comes next.

25. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    G__Anakin: I really liked that chapter

I?m so glad. :) Thanks as always for the reply.

Diane: Wonderful action. I could picture it so clearly.

Thank you. :D I always worry so much about those type of scenes.

Jaina_clan_solo: The fight between Vader and Whie was really well written, I fear that it's just a warm-up for something much worse yet to come

That very well may be. [face_worried]

Independence1776: And I love that everyone lived.

Good! :D I was a little worried everyone would be upset I didn?t kill someone off.

RebelMom: Vader's still obsessed with Whie so even though Luke was there, he went unnoticed.

True. But for how much longer? [face_mischief]

Gkilkenny: They are powerful in their numbers now.

Very true. A handful of Jedi is a powerful thing. [face_love]

Leona: That was an amazing post!!

Thank you! [face_blush]

KMA: Once again you have us on the edge of our seats.

Don?t fall off and hurt yourself. [face_laugh]

Kyn: Plans, yeah they gotta take the plans to safety to brief the other Rebels.

The plans are already in the Rebels hands. 3PO delivered them. ;)

Noi: I think Obi-Wan and Whie are going to have a lot to talk about on the trip back to Yavin.

Really? Like what? [face_whistling]

VL: Lots going on in this chapter, but they're safe...for NOW!

Worry wart! :D

DL: A homing beacon? Didn't see that one coming!

So original. I know. :p

PK: Temper Temper- Vadey deosn't do a good job of keeping his cool

I don?t think he even tries. [face_shame_on_you]

LadyLunas: I missed three posts. I hate DRL.

Lovely to see you back. :)

Thanks as always to Noi for being such a big help. @};-

Chapter Sixty-Two

Whie?s eyes remained shut as he reclined on one of the ship?s bunks, his wounded leg stretched out as he tried to release the pain of the injury into the Force. Sweat beaded his forehead, teeth grinding together as he felt delicate fingers poke and prod the blackened wound. He was distantly aware of the muted whispers of his companions, but holding the pain at bay required him to focus solely on his breathing and meditations.

"All finished."

The feminine voice drew him from the deep trancelike state he had been immersed in, his lashes lifting to reveal the concerned face of Princess Leia. As difficult as it was, he somehow found the strength to muster a smile of gratitude, the gradual softening of her pale skinned features reward enough as she began to put the items she had used back in the medkit. Over her shoulder, Whie spotted Luke watching the princess with obvious fascination, a sigh escaping Whie as he saw his own concern reflected back in Obi-Wan?s stare.

Before either Jedi could comment on their charge's unknowing rudeness, Quinlan stepped into the hold area and jerked a thumb toward the cockpit. "There?s no trace of any more of our pursuers."

Luke broke into a wide grin of relief at the announcement. "We lost them."

"They let us go," the princess interjected, her gaze meeting each of theirs. "It?s the only explanation for the ease of our escape."

Whie watched as Luke bit back his initial protests, the young man noticing his Jedi colleagues had found no reason to discount the princess?s claims.

"Considering the importance our cargo holds for Vader I have to agree. He could have sent star destroyers after us," Obi-Wan mused as they collectively turned to study Whie who shifted uncomfortably beneath their regard.

Quinlan released a heavy sigh as he lifted his hands before him and grimaced. "I suppose it?s safe to assume they?re tracking us as well. I could do a search of the ship using my psychometric powers but with all of the storm troopers that were in and out of here it would be near impossible for me to separate the individual who planted the trace from all the rest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.