main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Price of Courage- AU- Obi-Wan/Whie/Luke Updated 4/20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Don't want to leave Luke wondering too long. It should be easier telling him about his sister than it was about his father.

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Ahh reading between the lines, Obi-Wan is proud of Whie and what he has become.[face_dancing]

I am sure there will be another battle between Vader and the gang.

Thanks for the PM.[:D]

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    "Just as you had wished, the other masters are looking toward Whie for guidance in this unfamiliar galaxy we find ourselves in. Isn?t that what you and Master Yoda want? For Whie to lead the new order into the future with Luke at his side?"

Ha! Love Vos's cutting to the point and Obi-kWan leaving Whie to deal with Luke's crush on his ister. LOL

Awesome post!! :D :D

4. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Whie?s eyes remained shut as he reclined on one of the ship?s bunks, his wounded leg stretched out as he tried to release the pain of the injury into the Force. Sweat beaded his forehead, teeth grinding together as he felt delicate fingers poke and prod the blackened wound. He was distantly aware of the muted whispers of his companions, but holding the pain at bay required him to focus solely on his breathing and meditations. :(

Over her shoulder, Whie spotted Luke watching the princess with obvious fascination, a sigh escaping Whie as he saw his own concern reflected back in Obi-Wan?s stare. Luke, she's your sister. Knock it off.

Whie watched as Luke bit back his initial protests, the young man noticing his Jedi colleagues had found no reason to discount the princess?s claims. He's smarter!

Nodding in understanding, Obi-Wan stroked his beard with one hand as he eyed the princess. "We could change course so we don?t lead them to the Rebel base." I don't think that's really an option.

"No, it would only be delaying the inevitable. Hopefully the technical readouts of the battle station have given us an advantage that can be used to surprise the Empire." Turning toward Quinlan, she raised a questioning eyebrow. "If you would show me the ship's rations perhaps I can scrape together a mean for us, Master Jedi." Leia... cooking....

"Would either of you care to explain to me why you decided to risk your lives when you knew how I would feel about it?" Without giving them a chance to reply he pinned Whie beneath a fierce stare. "Your task is to keep him safe." :rolleyes:

"They allowed it for the very reasons you had hoped and predicted." Quinlan spoke quietly from where he stood in the doorway. "Just as you had wished, the other masters are looking toward Whie for guidance in this unfamiliar galaxy we find ourselves in. Isn?t that what you and Master Yoda want? For Whie to lead the new order into the future with Luke at his side?" Good question.

Before Whie could interrupt the chastisement, Vos flashed his friend a smirk. "But you forget, I am no longer a Jedi Master. Luke, let?s go help the princess while these two work out their differences." Vos!

"You could have gotten yourself killed," he muttered while sending comforting waves of force to help lessen Whie?s pain. "Now Vader?s thirst to capture you will only be even more ravenous then it was before he knew for certain you still lived." Obi-Wan, stop stating the obvious. He already knows that.

"He always knew, Obi-Wan. It was only a matter of time before he managed to hunt me down. Now at least Vader knows I will not willingly join him." See?

"Did you sense anything redeemable in him? Any lingering traces of the Jedi he once was?" The questions were asked in a vain hope that Whie had sensed something overlooked by Obi-Wan in his own dealings with the Sith Lord while on the space station. It will take Luke to bring it out.

The tremulous smile Obi-Wan managed to form was fleeting, his lips quickly firming into a thin line as he glanced away. "It was to be expected. I had prepared myself to die on that metal monstrosity. It seemed to be the will of the force."
    "Just as I was certain I would perish during the Temple siege. As you and Master Yoda are so fond of reminding me, always in motion is the future."
    *snorts*

"Indeed. He seems to be rather smitten with her. It shall be interesting to see how you handle this particular problem."
    Whie?s mouth fell open as Obi-Wan spun on his heel and started from the hold area after offering those less than reassuring words.
    "Obi-Wan! You don?t seriously mean to just leave me to figure this out do you?"
    Obi-Wan! [face_laugh] Don't be evil.

Whie stared at the now empty spot in stunned disbelief before snapping his mouth shut and leaning back with a disgruntled growl. It wasn?t long before the ghost of a smile curved his lips, relief that once again he had somehow been able to change the outcome of one of his dr

5. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Whie is great, there are just not enough stories about him. Happy you use him:)

Great Chapter:)

6. Wraith20878

Wraith20878 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2006
    Awesome chapter, I'm glad Obi-Wan lived, but I'm betting Vader is very pissed off, and the Death Star exploding in the near future won't help much!

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Yes, better not let Luke get TOO interested in Leia! :p

"You disobeyed a direct order?" Shaking his head in amazement when the young man nodded, Obi-Wan eyed Whie with open bafflement. "I don?t understand why the others allowed you to come, unless you didn?t tell them of your plans."

"They allowed it for the very reasons you had hoped and predicted." Quinlan spoke quietly from where he stood in the doorway. "Just as you had wished, the other masters are looking toward Whie for guidance in this unfamiliar galaxy we find ourselves in. Isn?t that what you and Master Yoda want? For Whie to lead the new order into the future with Luke at his side?"

Whie camouflaged the smile that threatened to split his face by feigning a wince of pain as Obi-Wan shifted uncomfortably at Quinlan?s pointed questions. Arms crossed over his chest, chin thrust out, Obi-Wan met his friend?s challenging stare with a narrow eyed one of his own.

"I never expected the rest of you to condone his marching into the Death Star to face Vader alone. I thought you and the other masters would support him and offer him appropriate guidance when he allowed his thinking to be influenced by personal feelings."

Oh boy, did Luke remind me of his father there! [face_laugh]

Can't wait for more. =D=

(and I'm not a worry wart, I just know YOU!)

8. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    It's going to be interesting to see how Whie deals with the sibling issue... My advice is to sit down with the two of them as soon as possible and just tell them.

It's going to be great seeing what the Jedi do next

jcs

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    LOL on the Luke being smitten with Leia!! Gonna be interesting to see how he reacts being told about her being his sis! [face_laugh]

Well... [face_Doh!] yeah I should have remembered about the plans... for some odd reason the movie scenario stuck in my head! hehehe

Great update! Poor Whie leader of the Jedi! ;)

10. sabers12

sabers12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    LMAO!!! luke has a crush on leia!!

11. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Poor Whie, stuck with the job of talking to Luke about Leia. Obi-Wan got a break this time. :p

Great chapter!

12. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    The serious conversation degrages into humour.

The dressing down about the rescue, then Luke's crush on Leia intrudes. Poor Whie. I have a feeling he isn't going to like trying to explain it to Luke without giving something away.

Good chapter. I look forward to more.

13. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Chapter 41: Action-packed, exciting, great!!! :D

Chapter 42: Ended hilariously. I can't wait to see how Whie deals with this problem.[face_laugh]

14. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Ch. 61: They made it - and Obi-Wan is still alive! I suppose it's too much to hope that he'll get to see the other surviving Jedi. Now that would be a tear-jerker. :p Gripping action scene, though, and Vader's arrogance was just icing on the whole thing.

Ch. 62: Hee hee. I can't help laughing at the Luke/Leia thing. At least this time there's someone along who can watch out for them. Love how Obi-Wan passed the buck to Whie.

15. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hurray- they're all alive. Bt poor Whie- he now has to explain this whole incestuous relationship thing.

16. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Took me a while to get here, but as always, it was worth it! =D= Looks to be quite interesting, as always, and hope to get back and see something new soon!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

17. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    It was great! Looking forward to the next post.

18. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    RebelMom: It should be easier telling him about his sister than it was about his father.

True. Although I?m sure Whie is worried that Luke will be angry for keeping it from him. [face_worried]

Gkilkenny: I am sure there will be another battle between Vader and the gang.

I don?t think Vader is done with our heroes. [face_mischief]

Leona: Love Vos's cutting to the point and Obi-kWan leaving Whie to deal with Luke's crush on his ister.

Obi-Wan hasn?t lost his dry sense of humor. :D

Independence1776: I can't wait to see Luke's reaction when he finds out.

That shall indeed be interesting. [face_thinking]

G__Anakin: Whie is great, there are just not enough stories about him. Happy you use him

I have to agree. I wish more people would write about him. [face_love]

Wraith20878: I'm glad Obi-Wan lived, but I'm betting Vader is very pissed off, and the Death Star exploding in the near future won't help much!

Welcome! :) I?m sure Vader is far from happy at this point.

VL: Yes, better not let Luke get TOO interested in Leia!

Yes this is a family friendly site. ;)

Jaina_clan_solo: My advice is to sit down with the two of them as soon as possible and just tell them.

Good advice! :D

Kyn: Poor Whie leader of the Jedi!

For now at any rate. He has to groom Luke to take over. :)

Sabers12: LMAO!!! luke has a crush on leia!!

Welcome. Luckily it isn?t as bad as it could be. ;)

KMA: Poor Whie, stuck with the job of talking to Luke about Leia. Obi-Wan got a break this time.

A sly one that Obi-Wan. [face_mischief]

LadyLunas: Poor Whie. I have a feeling he isn't going to like trying to explain it to Luke without giving something away.

He will have to decide just how much they want Luke to know. [face_worried]

Jaira: I can't wait to see how Whie deals with this problem.

Patience you must have. [face_batting]

Mousche: I suppose it's too much to hope that he'll get to see the other surviving Jedi. Now that would be a tear-jerker.

Naw. Not too mushy. :p

PK: Bt poor Whie- he now has to explain this whole incestuous relationship thing.

Lol! [face_laugh]

DL: Looks to be quite interesting, as always, and hope to get back and see something new soon!

Well maybe not soon. But I am getting old. :D

Jturtle: It was great! Looking forward to the next post.

Thanks so much. [face_blush]

Thank you all for your patience. It seems my runaway muse has decided that once a month is going to be his update schedule. :mad:

Thanks as always to Noi for being so much help. @};-

Chapter Sixty-Three

The sound of the two youngest members of their party engaged in a spirited discussion was a dull buzzing in the back of Whie?s mind as he focused his energies on healing. Obi-Wan had popped in only long enough to inform them that they would be reaching the Rebel?s hidden base shortly, before once again retreating into the cockpit. Although they?d had no time to discuss the subject, Whie could sense that his mentor was anxious to see the surviving Jedi for himself. As far as Whie knew, Obi-Wan had made no attempt to discover their identities from himself or Vos. The imminent reunion was bound to be moving.

"You?ve been to so many planets."

Luke?s envious words captured Whie?s attention and he opened his eyes to watch the two young Skywalkers interact. Looking at the two side-by-side, there was no familial resemblance to alert the casual observer to a connection between them. While Luke closely resembled the slave boy from Tatooine Anakin Skywalker had been when first joining the Jedi, Leia mirrored their mother in appearance. She had Padme?s coloring, delicate build, keen intelligence, and iron will.

Luke?s expression was solemn as he stared down at the floor. "I?ve always want

19. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay they've arrived safe and sound!! (well until the Empire comes hehehe

Loved the bit with Quin racing off after Solo! [face_laugh]

Uh oh... well Whie 'romantic' hasn't arrived juz yet, but I'm sure it isn't all that too far off! You better quickly tell the boy that it's his sister! [face_laugh]

Great update! Once a month my dear is better than not at all. [face_dancing] So I'm happy :D

20. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
  21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    It was also painfully clear they would have to have a serious discussion as soon as possible about the Skywalker lineage.

Hopefully before a kiss. [face_laugh]

I have to admit tearing up just like Obi-Wan when he met old friend. That was just beautifully done.

Superb update. :D :D

22. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Hurray, they finally arrived and Obi-Wan got to see his old friend again. That was very satisfying! I'm glad that they think Whie is good enough to head the Jedi and that Luke has been well raised. If only the boy would find out about his sister before the hormones take over.

Great job.

23. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Wonderful update!

I'm quite relieved to read that Luke's feeling toward Leia aren't romantic :p.... at least not yet [face_worried] Hurry up and find time for that conversation Whie.

The reunion between old friends was wonderful. I can't wait to see what happens next!

jcs

24. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Can't wait to see what happens next! =D=

25. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Very nice=D=

Quinlan finally appeared from out of the cockpit, his gaze briefly resting on Obi-Wan before he slapped a hand over the door control. As the ramp hissed and slowly lowered, the Kiffar Jedi gave his friend?s shoulder a quick squeeze, a slight smile curving his lips.

"I think you should go down first."

I just loved the reunion with Obi-Wans friends.

"Garen, is that..?"

"I know, R2. I?m sorry I had to leave you behind," Luke was apologizing as he patted the upset droid upon its domed head.

Garen chuckled as the young man?s apology was greeted with a rude chortle. "It is. R2-D2. Anakin?s old droid. The other one is here as well. Luke and that little R2 unit have become inseparable."

And naturally R2D2 just had to be there too! What would they do with out him.[face_dancing]

Whie certainly has his hands full, will he ever be able to find the time to tell Luke about his sister.

Great Post thanks.=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.