main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Price of Courage- AU- Obi-Wan/Whie/Luke Updated 4/20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow, I think I may have a new favorite chapter and that's saying something! :p

"You?ve been to so many planets."

Luke?s envious words captured Whie?s attention and he opened his eyes to watch the two young Skywalkers interact. Looking at the two side-by-side, there was no familial resemblance to alert the casual observer to a connection between them. While Luke closely resembled the slave boy from Tatooine Anakin Skywalker had been when first joining the Jedi, Leia mirrored their mother in appearance. She had Padme?s coloring, delicate build, keen intelligence, and iron will.

Luke?s expression was solemn as he stared down at the floor. "I?ve always wanted to travel to distant places."

"Well if you join the Rebellion you?ll get your chance." Leia reached over and patted his hand before sitting back.

Whie shook his head when he saw the gleam reappear in Luke?s eyes as he studied the princess. It was growing more and more obvious that he would have to work extensively with Luke on shielding his thoughts and emotions. The boy?s face was an open canvas, his eyes following every move the princess made with wide-eyed fascination. It was also painfully clear they would have to have a serious discussion as soon as possible about the Skywalker lineage.

You captured them all so perfectly here! =D= It always brightens my day to see this has been updated.

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You finally updated!!! :)

That was a sweet reunion between old friends. I forgot (or didn't realize) that Garen was there

3. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Nice reunion, it almost had me in tears. That's quite an acomplishment, and a compliment at that. ;) I am a bit nervouse about Whie not being able to tell Luke about his sister, just because I see it coming out in a bad way, but then that just adds to the excitement. [face_laugh] Awesome job, as always!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

4. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Just got caught up on the most recent chapters and I'm glad I did. :D

Vader-- I love your Vader! He's so single mindedly focused and evil. Even while remembering the past he doesn't soften up or become brooding or melancholy. He's just so damn ruthless and unapologetic about it. Seeing him this way makes me all warm and toasty inside. [face_love] [face_love]

Obi-wan--Obi-wan continues to break my heart here. Even after spending years in Vader's care he still looks to Whie with the hope that somehow someway there is a little bit of Anakin alive in Vader. That kills me! That hope, that desparate hope, that his friend, his almost son, is still alive in that black armored creature just gets to me. Seriously. I want to just hug him until the hurt stops, only I don't know whether it's mine or his. :_| :_| But oh, Garen gets to hug Obi senseless so it's okay. :D

Luke--Oh man! Luke's got a crush on his sister.[/singing] This has always tickled me pink. I like how you're handling this. Poor Whie to have to be the one to break the news to his young padawan that his crush is really his twin sister. *eg*

Leia--It's so nice the see other people seeing Anakin in Leia. And poor Luke. He's all starry eyed around her and all she has on her mind is to get another recruit to join the rebellion.

Wondeful updates. [face_love] And that Vader/Whie duel was excellent. Good Job! :D

bran

5. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    Oh, the reunion was perfect. I love Garen's bone crushing hug. Those two are really good friends.

And Quinlan chasing after Han was hilarious.

Now, about Luke and that conversation that has yet to take place, well, at least he has an inkling of something. The question is how far is it going to go before the conversation actually occurs?

I look forward to more.

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    At least Luke isn't having romantic feelings yet. That's a good thing.

7. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    What a wonderful reunion, especially between Obi-Wan and Garen. [face_love]

8. EMRYS_FARSEER

EMRYS_FARSEER Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2001
    This story is too awesome to be languishing this far back. Looking forward to further updates soon!!

9. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Awesome story!!

Brilliantly written, I love the way you've written Whie and Luke, and their interaction. And the plot is awesome.

Can't wait for more.

Please would you PM me when you update?

EG

10. sabers12

sabers12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    plz update soon! [face_praying]

11. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Kyn: Great update! Once a month my dear is better than not at all.

Well my once a month promise has stretched into two months. [face_blush]

G__Anakin: :)

Thanks. :)

Leona: I have to admit tearing up just like Obi-Wan when he met old friend. That was just beautifully done.

Glad it came out just right and not too over the top. ;)

Diane: I'm glad that they think Whie is good enough to head the Jedi and that Luke has been well raised.

I got to thinking as I was writing this post. Ferus and Tru would actually be young enough still to be in charge. Wonder if it?s hard taking orders from a young pup? [face_whistling]

Jaina_clan_solo: I'm quite relieved to read that Luke's feeling toward Leia aren't romantic .... at least not yet

Lol. [face_laugh] I think both of them understand on some level that there is something deeper that is drawing them together.

Jturtle: Can't wait to see what happens next!

Glad you are enjoying. :)

Gkilkenny: Whie certainly has his hands full, will he ever be able to find the time to tell Luke about his sister.

I?m sure there will be time in the near future. ;)

VL: It always brightens my day to see this has been updated.

And it brightens mine to know people are still enjoying this. [:D]

PK: I forgot (or didn't realize) that Garen was there

Garen is alive and well. [face_batting]

DL: Nice reunion, it almost had me in tears.

Then my job here is done. :p

ThatJediScum: He's just so damn ruthless and unapologetic about it. Seeing him this way makes me all warm and toasty inside.

Well I think it took quite awhile for him to soften up once Luke came into his life. I don?t want to make him all soft and squishy. :D

LadyLunas: And Quinlan chasing after Han was hilarious.

I love the history the comics gave those two and hope I can somehow work more of them in this fic. [face_love]

RebelMom: At least Luke isn't having romantic feelings yet. That's a good thing.

I hope to avoid that. [face_sick]

KMA: What a wonderful reunion, especially between Obi-Wan and Garen.

Something told me that you would enjoy that. [face_mischief]

EMRYS_FARSEER: This story is too awesome to be languishing this far back. Looking forward to further updates soon!!

Thanks for reading and for digging it up for me. :)

EGKenobi: Brilliantly written, I love the way you've written Whie and Luke, and their interaction. And the plot is awesome.

Thank you so much. [face_blush]

Sabers12: plz update soon!

As you wish. :D

Sorry for the delay. Holidays just killed my writing and online time. Please forgive the errors in this post. It is 100% unbetaed. My poor beta is busy with a huge move. Wish her luck. [:D]

Chapter Sixty-Four

Luke shifted in his chair, his glance slowly moving around the crowded room. The war room was a cramped area that currently was packed to capacity with star fighters, navigators and a hand full of droids. Everyone?s attention was focused at the front of the room where General Dodonna stood before a large electronic wall that was displaying the technical readouts of the Death Star. As the general explained the details of their plan, his audience reacted with a wide range of emotions.

Some expressed out right disbelief while others simply shook their heads in bemusement. While optimistic, Luke himself couldn?t help but feel a lingering sense of doubt. He had actually been on the Emperor?s monstrous battle station and knew the graphics displayed on the screen could not provide the Rebels with a true picture of exactly what they were up against.

"The target area is only two meters wide. It?s a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy t

12. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Excellent update!!

But one small question. When are the Jedi gonna take the rod out of their butts and start moving on? They seem quite a retrospective bunch.

Still, great story.

Can't wait for more.

EG

13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Good going, Garen. I think he's learned to move on and realize that the Jedi need to rethink their positions on things. Some hard meditation and discussion seem to be in line for them. I liked that Whie was flexible enough to agree with Garen.

Leia feels the connection as well. Good, that will make it easier to explain eventually.

Great job.

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Yay for more here!!! [face_dancing]

"You will soon find out if you know your mentor as well as you think. Let us go and find out his thoughts on this matter."

No doubt he will.

"Can you explain this.. Connection I seem to have with Luke?"

Poor Whie. He's got multiple issues piling up on him. o_O

While the others followed more slowly, Obi-Wan paused long enough to gift Whie with a look of pride and understanding before leaving his former pupil to his thoughts.

Awww, that was lovely. [face_love] [face_love]

15. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter!

Happy to see an update, I was becoming worried

16. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Pesky real life sure affects stories. :p

I was surprised that Leia asked first about her connection to Luke. Whie has got some talking to do.

If you want, you can call me RM. It's shorter than typing Rebelmom.

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved the whole post, but this part was my favorite. [face_love]

"There is no shame in mourning those we love. Your father was a great and noble man. The galaxy is a lesser place without him in it."

Whie?s softly spoken words seemed to help her gather herself. A tremulous smile hovered on her lips as she wiped away a betraying bead of moisture. "You speak as if you knew him."

"Your father is the reason I am alive today." Smiling slightly as her head snapped up, eyes wide with a score of questions, Whie explained. "Your father was the one who found me. I was badly injured, near death I suppose, ready to join those who lay around me. He urged me to hang on and carried me to safety. I owe Bail Organa my life."

Leia stared down at their clasped hands as she considered all she had just learned. He allowed her the time to digest it all, happy just to sit back and enjoy being in her presence. He expected her to question him further about the part her father had played in saving him and was therefore floored at the words that next came out of her mouth. It had never once crossed his mind that she too would sense the gossamer fine strands that bound her to Luke.

"Can you explain this.. Connection I seem to have with Luke?"

Although he knew the matter would have to be addressed soon, Whie wasn?t prepared to broach the subject with her until after he had spoken to Luke. Holding her steady gaze, he spoke gently but left no doubt in her mind that his word was law on the matter.

"It is a subject that I have not had a chance to discuss with him. Until such a time I am afraid you will just have to be patient and trust me when I tell you that one day soon I will explain everything."

The stubborn glint in her eyes had him biting back a bark of laughter. It was one of the first visible signs he?d seen that linked her to her real father. Anakin Skywalker?s unyielding stubbornness had been the source of more than one of Obi-Wan?s silver hairs. His smile slowly bled away when he realized that he would now be on the receiving end of both Skywalker children?s obstinate natures. For a brief instant he was sure he could hear Obi-Wan laughing through their bond.

Absolutely perfect! [face_laugh]

=D=

18. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    I've been lurking on this thread for ages now, and I thought I should come out and comment now. I'm not a great reviewer to tell the truth, I'm very lazy about it, but this story does deserve all the praise it can get. It's a wonderful, original tale, and I love all of the characters and how the relationships between them change the way things work out. For example, I like your Luke a lot more than I like cannon Luke. And Whie is love!

19. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Move on Jedi!:p

Get with the action.[face_dancing]

Another great post.:cool:

20. sabers12

sabers12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    yay! that was a good post!

i wonder wat leie and luke are goin to think wen they find out that they're brother and sister.. lol!

21. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I'm glad that Whie was able to see the wisdom of helping the Rebellion in terms of fighting as well as mere 'guidance'

And the conversation with Leia was well done... I hope that the connection between her and Luke is revealed soon.

can't wait for more!

jcs

22. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I loved the conversation with Leia. I suppose saving the life of a jedi is not something Organa could brag about, even to his daughter.

I agree with the others. The Jedi have to wake up to the new reality and go with it instead of watching like spectators from their seats.

23. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    His smile slowly bled away when he realized that he would now be on the receiving end of both Skywalker children?s obstinate natures. For a brief instant he was sure he could hear Obi-Wan laughing through their bond. [face_laugh][face_laugh]

It was nice that Leia got to hear the story of how her father saved Whie's life all those years ago. [face_love]

Somehow, I can't see Luke not going to battle against the Death Star. It was wise of Whie not to oppose him.

Another wonderful chapter. [face_batting]

24. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    I'm happy Whie was able to see the wisdom in allowing Luke to accompany the Rebels in fighting the Death Star. He at least realizes the consequences if the Jedi don't become involved.

I also like his interactions with Leia. I do feel a bit sorry for him- one Skywalker is more than enough for one person, but now he's dealing with two.

25. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    I'm so sorry for not repsonding earlier, but DRL took over.

Oh, I can't wait to here Luke's reaction to finding out the truth about Leia. But she's going to have a harder time with it. Let's just hope she takes it well.

And I'm glad Whie is letting Luke go fight. He recognizes what needs to be done. It's a pity the Order still doesn't.

Wonderful couple of updates! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.