main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Price of Courage- AU- Obi-Wan/Whie/Luke Updated 4/20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pat_skywalker39

pat_skywalker39 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    up we need an update

2. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Now, where was I? Page 45. Sorry o_e, I keep changing jobs and getting overwhelmed. :( Things have settled down now, finally.

Chapter 56 Wonderful exchange with Vos and Vader. God, I've missed your writing. You just have a way with working up the tension.

Chapter 57 Whie and Luke, walking into the fire. And young Luke better be able to keep his shields up. [face_worried] I'm glad they are together. They are a wonderful match, and when I'm reading this, I feel like I'm catching up with old friends. [face_love]

3. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Edited because I can't remember how to post right :p

Just caught up! Great job, I was completely not expecting Whie to go against Obi-Wan's orders and face Vader by himself. Well-written encounter, one of my favorites.

He was the perfect distraction for Vader though and we got a reunion [face_love] I was afraid that Obi-Wan would meet his end on the death star. I love AU's! More, please.

4. pat_skywalker39

Jan 5, 2004
  5. EMRYS_FARSEER

EMRYS_FARSEER Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2001
    This story is just too great to be this far back. More Please?

6. pat_skywalker39

Jan 5, 2004
    I want more of Whie!

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    EGKenobi: When are the Jedi gonna take the rod out of their butts and start moving on? They seem quite a retrospective bunch.

I don't think they ever outgrow that. ;)

Diane: Leia feels the connection as well. Good, that will make it easier to explain eventually.

I don't think it will be any easier to accept who her real daddy is. [face_worried]

Leona: Poor Whie. He's got multiple issues piling up on him.

Poor guy might just decide to let the others take over. :(

G__Anakin: Happy to see an update, I was becoming worried

I'm so sorry. I just have a heck of a time getting over here these days. [face_plain]

RM: Pesky real life sure affects stories.

That and other stories. [face_whistling]

VL: Absolutely perfect!

Thank you. [face_blush]

DancesWithBlasters: For example, I like your Luke a lot more than I like cannon Luke. And Whie is love!

Welcome and thank you for delurking. :)

Gkilkenny: Get with the action.

They're slow learners. ;)

Sabers12: i wonder wat leie and luke are goin to think wen they find out that they're brother and sister..

Hopefully Whie spills the beans before that kiss takes place. [face_worried]

Jaina_clan_solo: I'm glad that Whie was able to see the wisdom of helping the Rebellion in terms of fighting as well as mere 'guidance'

He's had some good mentors in his life. [face_batting]

PK: I suppose saving the life of a jedi is not something Organa could brag about, even to his daughter.

No, I imagine the Emperor kept close tabs on poor Bail over the years. :mad:

KMA: It was nice that Leia got to hear the story of how her father saved Whie's life all those years ago.

That was my favorite part of the post. [face_love]

LadyLunas: I do feel a bit sorry for him- one Skywalker is more than enough for one person, but now he's dealing with two.

And he's getting them when they are probably the most difficult to handle. :p

Independence: I'm so sorry for not repsonding earlier, but DRL took over.

No problem. Heaven knows I have no room to talk. [face_blush]

Pat_sky walker: up we need an update

Yes you do. Soon I promise. Thank you for remembering this little story. @};-

TS: I was afraid that Obi-Wan would meet his end on the death star. I love AU's! More, please.

I do too! Xanatos anyone? [face_love] :*

EMRYS_FARSEER: This story is just too great to be this far back. More Please?

Awww. Thank you. :)

I've been a naughty author and I am so sorry. I should have a new post up in a day or two. Please forive me. [face_praying]

8. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Thanks to Noi for the look see. @};-

Chapter Sixty-Five

The war room was a carefully orchestrated scene of frenzied chaos by the time Whie managed to limp his way there. Pausing in the doorway for a few moments in order to gain his bearings, he swept the packed room as a gnawing feeling of uneasiness began to claw at his belly. After the death of his beloved master, he?d been spared the horrors of the Clone Wars by carrying out a host of chores within the safety of the Temple walls. He, Scout and the others had been sheltered, unlike their apprenticed peers, until that fateful day when Anakin Skywalker had led his troops into their home.

Brushing the still painful memory to the back of his mind, he gingerly made his way over to the circular computer table where Princess Leia was surrounded by her generals and aides. Obi-Wan and the other Jedi were also present, his mentor glancing up long enough to offer him a welcoming half-smile before returning his focus to the sounds of battle that echoed in the room. Halting at Leia?s side, Whie glanced down as the princess rested a small hand on his arm in order to gain his attention.

"Are you certain you should be on that leg?"

Giving the hand a reassuring squeeze, Whie waved off her concern. "I?m fine. How are things going?"

"Enemy fighters have engaged ours and we are steadily losing men," General Dodonna answered before turning to deal with another matter an aide brought to his attention.

Leia pointed to a score of small blips on the screen. "Red Leader is about to make his approach run."

Just as she spoke the Rebel pilot's voice crackled over the speakers.

[I?m in range.?]

Everyone moved closer to the screen as the air of anticipation in the room multiplied a hundred fold.

[?Target?s coming up."]

Obi-Wan jabbed a finger at a series of three blips that were rapidly gaining on the Rebel fighters. "Tie fighters."

[?Just hold those fighters off for a few seconds.?]

Whie slid a glance toward Leia as the grip on his arm tightened. Her features reflected the same restrained hope and excitement they were all swimming in.

[?Almost there.?]

[?I can?t hold them!?]

Red Ten?s frantic cry was followed closely by the sound of laser fire and mixed with screams of anguish and pain before being drowned out altogether by the explosion of metal. The green dot on the screen that had represented Red Ten suddenly vanished. Whie placed a comforting hand over Leia?s as they grimly continued to watch the battle unfold.

[?It?s away!]

Anticipation hummed in the air as they listened to the fighter?s conversation, hoping for success. Red Nine?s cry of triumph was just as quickly dashed as Red Leader?s voice followed right on the heels.

[?It?s a hit!?]

[?Negative. It didn?t go in. It just impacted on the surface.?]

A communal sigh of frustration reverberated through the war room before a new and achingly familiar voice came over the speakers and effectively captured Whie?s attention.

[?Red Leader, we?re right above you. Turn to point? oh-five; we?ll cover you.?]

[?Stay there? I just lost my starboard engine. Luke, get set up for your attack run.?]

Whie?s throat tightened with dread as Red Leader issued the command, Obi-Wan?s gaze just as grim as it met his. His unease multiplied as they were forced to watch as the lead tie fighter opened up a barrage of laser bolts that slammed into the Rebel leader?s X-wing. Stunned silence filled the command room as the violent explosion echoed over the speakers.

A prod of Whie?s bond with Luke returned nothing but a void, his pupil no doubt closing off all outside distractions in order to focus on the task at hand. Nearly falling as he pivoted, Whie began to hobble toward the door as fast as his leg would allow him. He barely paused as Obi-Wan called out after him.

"Whie, where are you going?"

"I can?t just stand here and do nothing. That?s my padawan out there," he explained before slipping from the room and making

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    LOL about not having to put up with Vos any more [face_laugh]

Yay for Whie! Heading out there even if he can't pilot himself. And a walloping Yippe for Han for taking him! :D :D

Thanks for the update! [:D]

10. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job!

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    LOL, Han not putting up with Vos any more.[face_laugh] Loved how you morphed the movie into your story and made it work so well. Loved that Whie was trying to get to Luke but knew he didn't have enough experience to make it work and so he went to the best!

Great job.

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Yay for Whie getting up in the Falcon. I can't blame him for jkworrying over Luke!!

Excellent post!! :D

13. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Great post I loved the way Whie, convinced Solo to get off his backside and do something.;)
    So its up to Whie to give Luke the help he needs instead of Obi-Wan. Very fitting for Whie to help end the death Star.

Go Whie and Luke with a little help from Solo and Chewie.

Thanks for the PM.=D=

14. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I love how protective Whie is over his padawan. And I love how Han knew better than to keep arguing with Whie.

15. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    Oh, I liked this. You can almost feel the tension in the War Room as the attack goes on. I praise Whie- he's never really been one to sit around while things need to get done. And his small banter with Han was great.

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    "What the..."

"Just listen to me for a moment please," Whie urged them both. "I need to get up there and I?m not a good enough pilot to do it myself. I need your help. Luke, needs your help."

Han?s eyes widened in disbelief at his request. "You do realize that Death Star is hovering over the planet don?t you? We take off and we?re space dust in a matter of milliseconds. We?re just making sure the Falcon is ready when the coast is clear."

Ignoring Chewbacca?s growl of agreement, Whie held the Corellian?s dark gaze. "You sit here doing nothing and the entire planet is space dust in a matter of minutes. You can be just another nameless casualty in the Empire?s mission report, or you can be a symbol of hope for those suffering under their oppressive grip."

He could see the internal struggle going on inside Solo?s head and could only pray his words had the desired effect. It was Chewbacca?s quiet rumble that seemed to sway the pilot?s decision, a look of focused resolve settling over Han?s features as he reached for the controls.

"Aw hell, who wants to live forever? Sit down and strap yourself in, Malreaux."

Whie briefly rested a hand on the other man?s shoulder in gratitude before settling into the chair behind Chewbacca?s. He couldn?t help but chuckle as Solo muttered beneath his breath while guiding the ship toward the waiting battle.

"I guess there are benefits to dying. At least I won?t have to put up with Vos anymore."

Oh yeah, you've certainly captured Solo here! :D

Loved the update! =D=

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Great update. I love Solo's parting comment

18. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_laugh]

Loved the last line. :p

Great job on capturing the tenseness of the scene. [face_worried]

It's nice to see you back to this story. :) It's so good to read more about Whie. [face_love]

19. Mara_Skywhiner

Mara_Skywhiner Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    Great story! I found it yesterday afternoon (it's 1 am here [face_coffee] ), and I'm still entranced. I need to go to bed now, but good job, and thanks for writing such a great story.
    ~Mara

20. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Jedi_Trevor_GulDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    By the FORCE, this is a great story. I've been rivited to this story now for four hours and I can't believe how great this AU story works! All the elements are there, and I expect that the next post will be a long (proverbially) time in coming. Keep up the great work.

<sigh> THere is just so much to comment on that I don't think that I could go over it. I had to pass all the other comments just to finish it. Please oh Please PM me when the next chapter gets posted.

21. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    An update! I missed an update...

The war room was a carefully orchestrated scene of frenzied chaos by the time Whie managed to limp his way there. Pausing in the doorway for a few moments in order to gain his bearings, he swept the packed room as a gnawing feeling of uneasiness began to claw at his belly. After the death of his beloved master, he?d been spared the horrors of the Clone Wars by carrying out a host of chores within the safety of the Temple walls. He, Scout and the others had been sheltered, unlike their apprenticed peers, until that fateful day when Anakin Skywalker had led his troops into their home. Very vivid imagery here.

"I can?t just stand here and do nothing. That?s my padawan out there," he explained before slipping from the room and making his way toward the main hangar. A Jedi forever.

Slapping a hand over the controls to the ramp, he limped toward the cockpit while contemplating the best way to sway the vessel?s pilot into doing what he wanted. Two surprised faces turned in his direction as he stepped inside the cockpit, a questioning growl from the hirsute first mate drowning out Solo?s equally demanding query. Oh, he didn't.

Ignoring Chewbacca?s growl of agreement, Whie held the Corellian?s dark gaze. "You sit here doing nothing and the entire planet is space dust in a matter of minutes. You can be just another nameless casualty in the Empire?s mission report, or you can be a symbol of hope for those suffering under their oppressive grip." Nicely said.

"Aw hell, who wants to live forever? Sit down and strap yourself in, Malreaux." That's Han for you.

"I guess there are benefits to dying. At least I won?t have to put up with Vos anymore." [face_laugh]

Wonderful chapter!

22. pat_skywalker39

Jan 5, 2004
  23. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    *bookmarking for a future read-a-thon*

*waves hairy paw* hiya, missme?

24. bookkeeper

bookkeeper Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    Lovely. You have just whetted our appetite for more.

25. pat_skywalker39

Jan 5, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.