main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Price of Courage- AU- Obi-Wan/Whie/Luke Updated 4/20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Oooh I thought Obi-wan was going to say something like O I mean Ben Kenobi. Something like that, but he just keeps it a screret with a quirkey response. Can't wait for more, and Luke is so cute.

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was very sad, that Whie is still haunted by the visions and that he was envious of children playing when all his friends were dead. Poor kid.

I liked the Obi-Wan get Whie to take Luke, gives him something to do and hopefully bond a bit with the baby.

Good job with this!

3. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Whie and Luke were sweet together. Glad he is taking to him a little. I think both he and Obi-Wan will miss Luke. :(

Poor Whie still has so much to work through.

I liked Obi-Wan's response to Ehani. He probably needs to think of a name soon.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Whie was SO adorable soothing little Luke, covering his tiny little head. And I could see Obi-Wan's eyes twinkling as he responded about getting his name! [face_love]

This is a lovely story and so well written that it just draws the reader in from the first line. I want Whie to show up in ANH now! He must have been on vacation or something...[face_whistling]

5. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Turning his head, the boy?s nose pressed against the side of the baby?s head, the sweet smell of a newborn filling his senses.

Ahhh, baby smell. The scent of powder and wetwipes. :p I'm so proud of Whie. [face_love] He's a real champ, caring for Luke like that, and getting over his previous disgust/fear/hesitation.

And Obi's sassy. [face_batting]

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I love Whie's reaction to holding the baby- it is so typical of guys ;)

7. Desert_Flower

Desert_Flower Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2005
    Gotta love that newborn scent. [face_love] If only there was something to do with the drool.

8. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Whie and little baby Luke :D Whie was just adorable in this. [face_love] Hope they get to their destination safely [face_worried]

Beautiful writing o_e! =D= Just have to tell you how much I love seeing an update :)

9. SweetAmnesia

SweetAmnesia Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2004
    That was so sweet how Whie was reluctant to take Luke then warmed to him and decided to keep him.

Obi-Wan with the boys. [face_love]

10. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Aww, Whie is so sweet with Luke. [face_love] I wonder if Obi-Wan did it on purpose to distract Whie from his dreams. It's so sad when he sees the kids playing together though, remembering everything he's lost. Hehe, liked Obi's response to Ehani's question. He better think up a name soon. :)

Wonderful job as always!

11. Darthkma

Darthkma Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2005
    Hello there!!!!

I may have to get the book Dark Rendevous just so I can read more about Whie. I really like his character. :)

12. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Jedikma Thanks. :) I can?t imagine how tough it would be for a child to know everyone they cared about was wiped out. And to have to watch it happen! :_|

Koori Whie will have plenty of time now to work on his trust issues with Obi. :)

Ob-wan-shawa I figured he hasn?t had enough time to think up a new name. :D

Diane Smart one isn?t our Obi? He knew exactly what would happen I think. [face_mischief]

Noi They will miss Luke. :( Good thing they have one another.

VL Whie was in the OT. I remember seeing him. [face_whistling]

Jade Sassy! Been hanging around Leona too much? :p

PK Guys and me. :p Not a baby-kid person.

Desert_Flower I think I know you. [face_shhh]

TS Aw. [face_blush] Thanks! I appreciate your replies.

SweetAmnesia I think I know you too. ;)

Jedi_Tigris I think that was the very reaction Obi was hoping for. He?s so clever. [face_love]

DarthKMA :p The book is wonderful. One of my favorite EU ones. Do it!!! :D

Thanks to those of you who are sticking with this. [:D]

Chapter Seven

The landscape of the western part of the Dune Sea was vast and empty, blowing sand covering the tracks made by the eopies as they neared the Lars' property. They had stumbled across a deserted dwelling as they traveled, one that Obi-Wan had decided would become home during their stay on Tatooine. Carved out of a canyon wall, the small and simple hovel was close enough to the moisture farm for daily visits, and yet far enough away that they wouldn't intrude.

Obi-Wan had studied the meager dwelling in silence for a few minutes, before sliding from the back of his mount. "Stay here with Luke while I look around."

Whie had nodded, adjusting his hold on the baby before watching as Obi-Wan approached the hovel. The Jedi Master moved with caution, one hand resting on the weapon that hung hidden beneath his robe. A careful scan through the Force had picked up only fading traces of the previous owners' presence, assuring him that they had abandoned the dwelling some time ago.

Obi-Wan had pushed the door open, the rusted hinges making a mournful sound as he stepped inside. Hands resting on hips, he had scanned the dim interior, noting the sand-caked floor and the cracked wall from where he could see the lowering rays of the twin suns peeking through. Crude and small, it would require some work, but he could visualize a safe and comfortable place for he and Whie to live. He had returned outside and led his mount over to the battered heating unit that leaned against the side of the hovel, tying the reins securely. Giving the beast a reassuring pat on the flank, he made his way back to his waiting charges.

Now wrapping his hand around the bridle of Whie?s eopie, he began to lead the beast in the direction of the Lars' farm, his heart feeling more weighted with every step his booted foot took. Painfully conscious of Whie?s troubled stare, he smoothed his features into a serene mask. Making certain any turbulent emotions were carefully shielded, he silently chastised himself for allowing his feelings to get away from him. He knew the best and safest place for Anakin and Padmé?s son was with relatives, and he was determined to keep his promise to Padmé.

He had failed to protect Anakin. He would not fail to protect Anakin?s children.

Head down, he concentrated on each step as they traveled the short distance to the Lars' homestead. The twin suns were slowly descending, casting long shadows on the arid dunes. Halting on the perimeter of the young couple's property, Obi-Wan drew in a deep calming breath when he spotted the two figures that sat conversing outside the main entryway. He?d sent a message ahead from aboard Senator Organa?s vessel, alerting Owen Lars to the fact that his step-brother had been killed and Anakin?s newborn son was in need of a family

13. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awww this was a touching chapter! Glad Whie sees what Obi sees. They only have each other now, that's for sure :(

Great work! [face_dancing] What a way to start a weekend!

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    :_| :_|

Poor Whie! Poor Obi! Poor Luke!

Now wrapping his hand around the bridle of Whie?s eopie, he began to lead the beast in the direction of the Lars' farm, his heart feeling more weighted with every step his booted foot took. Painfully conscious of Whie?s troubled stare, he smoothed his features into a serene mask. Making certain any turbulent emotions were carefully shielded, he silently chastised himself for allowing his feelings to get away from him. He knew the best and safest place for Anakin and Padmé?s son was with relatives, and he was determined to keep his promise to Padmé.

He had failed to protect Anakin. He would not fail to protect Anakin?s children

You didn't fail, Obi! I swear you didn't!

Another amazing installment in this superb story!

15. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I loved this chapter. I told you that before. It was so understated and well-done, when it could have tipped over into sheer melodrama. Whie's understanding was lovely - although I worry about what he might have seen. The fact that Obi-Wan was unsettled by their interaction is a mite unsettling in and of itself.

As wonderful as always, OE! [:D]

16. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

nice post

17. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I really liked the way you interwove the movie scene with your own. Whie is quite a lovely character and you've done him justice. I love how he interacts with Obi-Wan.

Great job.

18. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Aw, Whie being relucant to hand over Luke was so cute. Great post, oe.

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Poor Whie, still a little lost and clinging to what is left of his dwindling family

20. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I love that there was so little spoken outloud, and yet Obi-Wan and Whie seemed to understand each other perfectly. What a bond. :( [face_love]

It would be interesting to see a few words exchanged between Owen and Whie... [face_mischief]

21. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    This is still so wonderful, Oe. The interaction between Obi-Wan and Whie is simply very enjoyable to read. You're turning Whie into a well-developed character and I'm very much looking forward to what you will come up with next.

This whole fic is an amazing idea. Wonderful descriptions of Tatooine, btw. Please continue soon. :)

22. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    For hating Tatooine so much, you did a great job describing it. :D

Looks like Whie has gotten attached to Luke in spite of himself.

I liked how you wrote the scene, just like the movie, but with Whie in it. :)

Lovely, oe!

23. In_Luv_wit_kenobi

In_Luv_wit_kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2003
    awww. total tear-jerker. more later

24. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    This child was able to smash shields that had been impenetrable up until now, withstanding a grief that would have brought lesser men to their knees long ago. That has to be hard for Obi-Wan, to know that Whie was able to sense what he is trying so hard to hide. It probably helps Whie to know that Obi-Wan is having a hard time also though.

All either of them had left in the galaxy was one another. So sad. :_|

25. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Ooh, very cool story. Whie is quite the little enigma, isn't he? But I love him already. [face_love] And Obi-Wan, of course. You write him very well, and I love the interaction between the two shattered Jedi.

I have to wonder how far you're going to take this, of course. I'm eager to continue the journey!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.