main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

price of the death star ? and when did it start being built

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by effortless_skill, Jul 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Thanks for the pic Quest.

In my personal opinion, it would be mighty stupid to be building two death stars above the galatic capital, not very secure in my opinion.

Like Quest said there have been some conceptual art that indeed became canon. I believe some of the Reborn Jedi in Jedi Outcast have origins from the concept drawings of Stormies with lightsabers. The Reborn would wear cortosis ore armor (lightsaber resistant), wield lightsabers in battle and use the Force. Granted they were not fully trained Jedi, nor even "light/dark" Jedi, they were just embued with the Force.

2. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Actually, certain conceptual images have been brought into continuity- namely those used in the above-mentioned Illustrated Guide to the SW Universe, which were incorporated as actual depictions of locales in the SW universe by the in-universe characters who "wrote" the entries.

of course some of it does. but i think it's already well known that there were not 2 death stars in orbit around coruscant. my point was that using a piece of conceptual artwork as proof doesn't prove anything. it is not considered canon until it makes it to a movie, or is used in some other sw source as an actual source. as to the stormtroopers wielding lightsabers, again i was not asking if they exist, i was making the point that you can't take for granted that all art work you see is actual true canon. that's all.

3. jedimasterozos

jedimasterozos Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2003
    taxpayers supplied the money... jk

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Stormtroopers probably went around and "collected" the taxes from unwilling citizens.

5. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
  6. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Price? Much, much more than you can afford.

When did it start being built? Let's just say that a 120 km wide space station, the first completed version of its type, will take some time (5 years, IIRC). :)

7. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Holy back from the dead thread. It's been 6 months!

That being said the DS's were both constucted for the amazingly resonable cost of FREE! Does anyone really think the Empire needs to pay for things in a Galaxy it owns?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.