main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Priceless" -- a one-poster featuring Jacen and Tenel Ka. Oh and snarky Gadell. ;D

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    This is dedicated to everyone at Kriff This because they're the evil, evil beings who spawn these things in my mind.

And much kudos to trianiigirl/Tahiri for helping me throw the Gadell-muse back and forth. <3

NOTE: this is post-NJO, by a few years. Just a random little period of time.

PRICELESS

"And don't touch her..."

The General peered across the table to Gadell Vessau, who had just told him not to touch her.

Jacen Solo was supposed to be bodyguarding Tenel Ka, starting today, because of some threat to the Palace but, he couldn't touch her. He couldn't remember what the threat was because he wasn't really listening at that point -- he had been thinking about being able to spend all that time with Tenel Ka... but all that time and no touching.

A scowl twisted Jacen's face up, causing Gadell to lean back with a smirk playing over his thin Hapan lips. "I know it'll be hard, Solo." Nodding, he continued. "I know how you feel about her. I know how she feels about you."

Jacen returned the man's nod with one of his own, slow and understanding, albeit a little peeved.

"It's quite taboo to have a bodyguard and the woman he's bodyguarding slapping their hands all over each other and smacking lips everywhere, yes?" Gadell didn't wait for an answer. "Especially on Hapes."

"Why not get one of the guards to do it then or something?"

"Because none of the guards are Jedi."

"You're a Jedi."

"You know I'm not." Tucking a strand of ebony hair behind his ear, Gadell began tracing a gloved finger across the tabletop. "Sure I have the Force. But I haven't finished training yet. You know that."

Jacen did know that. He knew that perfectly well, but for some reason, at that moment in time, he didn't think he could handle this job. Being around Tenel Ka all hours of the day, morning, afternoon, night. Watching her work, watching her sleep, watching her live, keeping an eye on her every movement --- and not touching her?

No tap on the shoulder? No hug goodnight? No nothing?

Jacen thought maybe Gadell was just playing, so he asked just one more time. "I can't touch her at all?"

Gadell shook his head.

"What if she touches me?"

"She won't. She knows you're her bodyguard and she can't."

Running over it in his mind, Jacen felt quite good about the whole thing. "I can manage that," with a nod of confidence, Jacen leaned forward in his seat.

Mirroring his movements, Gadell leaned forward in his own, "No you can't."

"Sure I can, Gadell. Come on, you have no faith in me?"

"I bet you one-hundred credits you'll touch her."

Jacen heard those words and instantly shoved his hand out over the table, Gadell grabbing it and shaking it a few seconds later. "I won't lay a finger on her."

Gadell's eyes narrowed, his lips twisting into that smarmy snicker. "You won't lay anything on her."

"One-hundred credits, Gadell? You do not think that that might be a bit much?"

"Majesty, majesty - Tenna, darling. You have no faith in Jacen Solo? The way he was talking, I'll owe him that one-hundred."

Hearing her Commander's voice just then... it had that tone... that tone. The "oh-no-Gadell-is-up-to-something-again" tone. The Queen Mother looked up from where she stood over her desk, over her stacks of flimsiplast and arched a copper eyebrow. "What are you planning?"

Vessau's eyes seemed to widen, getting all large and innocent. "Would you like to help your dear Commander?"

The eyebrow continued to stick in that disbelieving arch. "I do not know. Do I?"

"Yesssss." Sliding out of the chair he had seated himself in, he sauntered over to Tenel Ka and stood behind her, placing his hands on her shoulders. Gadell leaned forward and lowered his head a little, hissing in her ear. "Get close to him, rile him up, make him want to touch you."

"So you want me to tease Jacen Solo. Basically that is what you are saying, Gadell," her tone a bit shocke

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, that snarky, snarky Gadell!

To keep his hands off Tenel Ka for as long as he did...Jacen must've had the willpower of quantum armor and adamantium combined! And then when he put his hands on her...

Quite lovely, dear Heather. Quite lovely and evil.

3. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    ROFLOL!! I love it! This fic is definitely priceless!

Poor Jacen and TK. Jacen was so cute when trying to not touch her and...falling off the dais?? Hahaha. <3 it!!! And then when he finally got to kiss her...ooh loved that part.

Wonderful fic!! Well-written, I love it!!!

-Mia

P.S. I'm not responsible for the things spawned in your mind, dear. I've got enough in my own head I'm busy dealing with!!

4. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Wow, that was cool!

Poor Jacen. It must have been so hard for him. :D

"You're horrible at lying, Solo."

Then it's true, a Jedi cannot lie. ;)

Great work on this one; it has a very complete feeling to it.

"Priceless," he murmured.

Brilliant title, brilliant ending.

5. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    TK!

Dude i'm waiting for an update on your other stuff and stumbled across this little piece.

That was..

priceless..
    haha

we knew they couldn't keep their hands of each other..

7. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Ahhh, but who doesn't love a snark? Oh squishy Gadell! *squiirsh!* Can I have him? (please?)

8. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    *melts*

Hmmm... [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

That was yummy. [face_love] So not surprised when Jacen couldn't win the bet. [face_laugh] :)

9. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Brilliant dark tortorous

10. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    MmmmmmmmGadell!molestings. How I love them [face_love]

<3333

11. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Loved it!

12. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    *dies about a hundred times*

The "oh-no-Gadell-is-up-to-something-again" tone.

Isn't he always? *cynical*

Throwing his head back and pushing away from the Queen Mother, Gadell cackled loudly, his laughter echoing through the chamber and seeping out into the hallway.

Ah hahahahahaha, just the thought of hearing that scared me. XD

Tenel Ka emerged from the offices at that point, her gaze narrowing at the sight of Gadell trying to get into Jacen's shirt. "Did I disturb something?"

Muaha. >D

"Why'd he tell you about the bet in the first place?" Jacen whispered.

"Because he is Gadell." Tenel Ka returned with a slight hiss.

Well. Obviously. ;D

I love this beyond all love. <3 Gadell.

muahaha.

13. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Sorry replies have taken me so long (Sorry everything has taken me so long GUH. School and work have been eating up my time! >_<) -- anyways, here's some replies! ;)

Striker: Thanks Jon~! I'm really happy you liked it. I was kind of skeptical about this piece at first - I'm not sure why... but I'm happy I posted it and I'm glad it's enjoyed. :D

Mia: Hey! You were part of it~! All of Supernova was! *eyes Gadell* And thank you for the comments! *hugs*

DathomiranAuthor: Thank you!! And yeah, I tried to make it look hard on Jacen, but not TOO hard. I torture that poor boy enough in all my other stories. Hehe~ And I'm glad the title worked out alright and everything... ^_^

pregnantpadme: Thank you!! :D I'm glad you loved it! Hehe~!!

jade51999: Hahaha! Thank you very much! And I apologize again about being so slow with all my stuff lately. -_- You'll be updated with it all if you keep an eye on the Feigned site! :D (Which should actually be getting some new things on it soon. YAY FINALLY. XD hehehe!)

AvenKiel: Teeehehe! I'm glad people are liking Gadell now that he's not evil anymore -- I remember when everyone wanted him dead. ;) (Now it's all about wanting Kaidin dead, but that's a whole different story! *cackles*)

LJC!: Hey there girl~! And yeah, I don't think many people were surprised -- we all know Jacen Solo... *pets the poor Solo boy* And thank you! :D

SilSolo: Thank you!! I'm digging those adjectives, because, well... you know me and my stories. Angstangstangst. ;)

Tahve!: Hahahahahahaha~ I know how much you love them. <3 Gadell loves you (and all of his holorecordings... but mostly you - BWAHAHA~)

JainaDurron: Thank you, Jilly!! *hugs*

djcati: Of course he's always up to something. It's Gadell. ;) And yeah... his cackles would make babies cry. ;-; Thanks very much, darlin'! Gadell thanks you too. XDDDD

14. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Hahahahaha! He lasted six days? I would've lost it in one. Hour that is. If that.

15. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Oh wow, I loved it! You could feel Jacen's desire, and when he finally got what he wanted you could just feel both of them lose all the tension that had built up in them. Excellent!!!

~Goddess Jaina~

16. C3P0_R2D2

C3P0_R2D2 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2005
    Oh, god. I just found this. I have exactly... 8 letters for you.

ROTFLMAO.

VERY funny. Would quote favorite parts, but there would be 'bout half, 3/4 of postie quoted.

Amazing post. Now you must get back to work on UV!

17. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Definitely ROFLOL. :_| :_| :_| I loved it. J/TK is great, and them not being able to touch each other...PRICELESS :p

The bet was really funny. Gadell is way too smart for his own good. And TK should have worn a turtleneck.

Great fic.
    Myra

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.