main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Prickly whiskers SJRS August challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Aug 16, 2014.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: Prickly whiskers SJRS August challenge
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: Beyond
    Characters: Luke and Mara
    Genre: adventure p.g.
    Summary: Luke is on a camping trip

Note: will be mentioned in http://boards.theforce.net/threads/cold-case-corellia-movie-quote-challenge-kyp-durron-ben-seha-valin-jysella-corran.50021466/#post-51656718]Cold[/url] case Corellia

Prickly whiskers

Ten years, it had been ten years since Mara Jade became one with the Force. Luke Skywalker aging and retired grandmaster of the Jedi was out in the wilderness on Shedu Maad on a camping trip.
    He was alone.
    He wanted to be.
    He had left the academy five days ago early in the morning after packing his gear in a back-pack.
    He had pitched his tent in a clearing in the Kolg tree forest where a shallow pond provided him with the necessary water to cook and clean.

But.

There was one thing he had forgotten.
    Was it the upcoming anniversary to remember his beloved wife? He didn’t know.

But crawling out of his sleeping-bag and searching in his back-pack he had discovered that the bag with utensils to clean and tidy was forgotten. No razor to take care of the growing beard.
    He had to let it grow and was chuckling softly when he saw the reflection of his face in the pond. “Han will call me a scruffy nerfherder.”

‘You are my love.’

With a growing smile Luke looked again in the pond, saw the reflection and turned to the glowing form of Mara, radiant in the Force, red hair shining with beauty. “You like my beard?”

‘It took you twenty years to figure that out?’

“Hey you were the one to complain when I forgot to shave and you know what my sister said each time after I came home after a mission sporting some growth.”

‘And you were complying to our wishes. You were never aware that below that teasing we wanted something else. You are not obligated anymore to wear that baby-face look, retired grand master of the Jedi!’

“You really like the prickly growth?”

‘I do. And don’t listen to the boys.’

Luke saw her winking with her left eye. “If you like it I will keep it. I don’t shave for Kyp, Corran or Kyle or whatever.”

‘You better be or I will come and teach those bearded boys a lesson.’ With that said Mara came nearer and kissed him.

And Luke felt that kiss in the Force and smiled when he heard very soft Mara saying ‘eech they are prickly whiskers’ before she faded again in the Force.

FIN

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Aww - very sweet!

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice!

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Exactly IC for both. [face_mischief] =D=

5. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
  6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Aww, that breaks my heart! But too funny with the ending!

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Well meet challenge, bird! :)

8. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Loved Mara's comment through the Force - sweet and true.