main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Pride and Prejudice (A/P ROTS AU/Humor/Mush) *COMPLETED* Thank you!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AnakinsFavorite, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Title: Pride and Prejudice
    Author: AnakinsFavorite
    Timeframe: AU but during Revenge of the Sith timeframe
    Characters: Anakin, Padmé, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Mace Windu, Seasee Tiin, Siri, Ferus, Sabé, other handmaidens, Palpatine, the Naberrie?s, Jedi, OC?s?
    Summary: With a basis of Harry Potter and Pride and Prejudice, this AU tale tells of two very different people: Anakin Skywalker and Padme Naberrie. Anakin is an arrogant Jedi Master while Padmé is a bright young woman who aspires to make an impact on the Galaxy. When the Clone Wars have depleted much of the Jedi Order, the Jedi are allowed to marry. The Jedi Council becomes desperate for Anakin to marry, but will the Jedi and the politician be able to look past their pride and prejudices and into each other?s hearts?
    Disclaimer: I in no way shape or form own any of the Star Wars characters, places, ect. I also do not have any rights to the characters that are based off the books mentioned above. On a second note, I also do not own MI III from which I borrowed a quote for Chapter 18. Nor do I own Wrenga Jixton...

~"Vanity, not love, has been my folly..."~ Elizabeth Bennet, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

@};- Chapter 1: Must Insist Upon His Marrying@};-

Never before had Anakin felt so nervous. In a climatic lightsaber battle that morning, he had saved Master Windu from certain death and had also destroyed the last remaining Sith Lord, Darth Sidious. While a group of Jedi Knights and their Padawans had remained behind in the former Chancellor?s office, Anakin had been brought back to the Temple. Since then, he had waited for the judgment that was to come from within the large sealed doors.

After he had spent twenty minutes pacing, the doors to the chambers slid open. Raising his blond-haired head and squaring his broad shoulders, Anakin entered into the Master?s presence.

A few more minutes went by as Anakin stood in the center of the room while Yoda regarded him with sleepy eyes. Meanwhile, the other Jedi, including Obi-Wan Kenobi, waited in silence for the wizened Jedi to speak.

?To be congratulated you are, Padawan Skywalker,? Yoda?s voice broke through the silence. In his shriveled green hands, he shifted his grimer stick. ?To make you a Master, the Council has agreed.?

In agreement, all the members slowly inclined their heads.

Gaping despite the seriousness of the moment, Anakin?s surprised eyes found his Master?s. ?But?? he sputtered.

Because of his heroics, he had expected to be knighted, but to be granted a seat on the Council? this was beyond his wildest dreams.

?Yes, you did hear Master Yoda correctly,? Obi-Wan said as if he were reading the younger man?s thoughts. The twinkling in his eyes gave away his obvious pride for the Jedi he had trained.

?Disagree with the Council, do you?? Yoda asked in a mildly challenging voice, causing Anakin to blink rapidly.

?No, Master,? Anakin said quickly, lest Yoda and the rest of the Council should change their minds. ?This is just? unexpected.?

?Ready, are you??

A nagging feeling entered into the back of Anakin?s mind, but before he could ponder it, he heard himself saying, ?Yes, Master.?

?Kneel, you must,? Yoda ordered. He gestured with his grimer stick for Obi-Wan to go to his apprentice?s side.

Numbly, Anakin knelt down and, all too soon, he felt the symbolic braid part from the rest of his hair.

?Congratulations, my former Padawan,? Obi-Wan said solemnly. ?No being could deserve this honor more than you.?

?You may take your seat,? Master Windu said, gesturing to the vacant seat next to his own.

How he managed to walk without stumblind, Anakin knew not, but he was soon sitting down. With both his metallic and true hand, he reverently began to memorize the feel and contours of the seat from which he would safeguard justice.

I am a Master.

He was so humbled by this sudden change in his life that he was oblivious to the pleased looks the other Masters ex

2. Master_Talek

Master_Talek Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2005
    Great start to the story. I can just see how well this went over with Anakin. At least he as become more humble. I bet the sparks are going to fly when he meets this certian young lady.;) Is any of the other jedi going to have to get married as well?

Update soon!=D=[face_praying]

3. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    This is good :D poor Ani, forced to marry!!
    If you have a Pm list, can I be in it?

4. Princess_Elisabeth

Princess_Elisabeth Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 2, 2006
    wow what an awesome idea for a fic!! Well done=D= I'm curious what will happen. Do you have a PM list? and could I be add to it?

[:D] [:D]

5. LoveAnakin1

LoveAnakin1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    great story so far.

Could i be on your pm list.?

@};- Emily @};-

6. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    oooh i like where this story is going!!! i love the book pride and predjudice such a sweet story [face_love]!!! can you please add me to your PM list??

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    *snicker* Oh, this will be very fun!

8. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I love this[face_love] =D= [face_love] .

?Decided, the Council has, that marry, all the Jedi must.?

?What?? Anakin gasped incredulously.

I can understand Anakins reaction, I would react the same way, so now everyone has to marry, interesting.

I hope that the young lady is Padmé, well, like I said, I loved this, it?s very interesting plot and please add me to the pm list[face_praying] , can?t wait for more, on this fic and your other one.

9. delta-7starfighter

delta-7starfighter Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    wow! i can't wait for the next chapter:eek:
    if you have a pm list can you add me[face_praying]

10. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Thanks for all the support. [face_love] Most of the Jedi will marry, but Anakin and Obi-Wan are two of the few who have yet to, and neither will let the other forget it.
    I will be sure to post replies later, and don't worry- ya'll be on my Pm list. But, as this is Jane Austinish, there will not be an "ultimate version" so sorry those of you who like that kind of stuff.

11. Mirik

Mirik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    aaahhh! thanks for bringing together 2 my fav plots ) great idea! plz, put me on the pm list ))

12. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies
    I had just popped in earlier and was so excited to see all the replies! [face_love] I am so glad ya'll liked it!

Master_Talek:Good to see you again stranger! ;) Yeah, Anakin is going to throw a royal fit over this- but you can expect him to turn his head every time a certain young lady *COUGHPADMECOUGH* shows up. What's even better is that he is going to have to teach all of the young Nubian ladies piloting- will find out more about that later! As for the other Jedi, some have embraced the idea, but there are a few notable ones that are struggling with it! I plan to update regularly- start checking monday/ maybe tuesday at the latest!

Michaellover:I thought it would be much more interesting if Anakin was being forced, but keep in mind that Padme is going to have to brush off an unwanted senator/Jedi (haven't decided yet). Of course I'll PM you! [face_peace]

Princess_Elizabeth:I thought so too- it came to me while I was in church (again) and I was like "How come is there only one P&P fic out there?" I will try to find it in my list for ya- really good. Anywho, remember that it's got hints of harry potter in it...

LoveAnakin1: Glad you like it! And as for the PM, only if you allow me to have Anakin all to myself (just kidding!) :p

RandomAngel22
    I love the book- it is one of my favorites. I got it for Christmas and have been reading it over and over. Question- which do you like more- the new version of the Colin Firth movie? Kinda torn here....

DarthIshtar:Good to see ya again. Anakin isn't going to think it's fun, esp. when he has to teach a class full of pink-loving, giggling, goggling Nubian girls.

Star_Angel:
    I took that line from ROTS, but unfortunately that hadn't been what he was upset about. The young lady is Padme (who else would it be?) Glad you liked it... don't worry, I'll update and PM the beginning of this next week.

Delta-7Starfighter:
    Of course! I can't wait either- the look on Anakin's face when the ladies enter into the dining hall aka. Beaubaxtons (whatever) still will be priceless! [face_laugh]

Mirik:
    Glad the title caught ya'll. Of course you'll be pm'd.

Sometime (maybe this weekend) I'll update with which characters will be who!
    Happy Easter and don't get sick from eating too much chocolate! [face_sick]

13. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    As we all know, "A jedi is in want of a spouse" Are you going to make Obi-wan in the role of Bingly? Who will fit the role of Jane? We can't forget Lydia...
    I can't wait to see. Add me to your PM list please!

14. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Cool idea, Anakinsfavorite. I look forward to seeing where this goes. You have some interesting ideas here.

?Thought of this, we already have,? Yoda said in a patient tone. He blinked sleepily at Anakin before continuing on. ?Decided, the Council has, that marry, all the Jedi must.?
    ?What?? Anakin gasped incredulously.
    ?And as the Chosen One,? Seasee Tiin spoke, ?you are to set the example.?

Boy, they hit Anakin with a double whammy. One that made him undeniably happy and the other that made him angy and self conscious.

?Oh,? Obi-Wan said, the corners of his mouth twitching. ?So you feel guilty over your mother?s death but not over the many grey hairs you have given me?? He placed his hand on Anakin?s shoulder and gave him a light squeeze. ?I hope you can find someone that will help you through your struggles, but with a face like the one you?ve got, I wouldn?t get my hopes up??

I love this humorous Obi/Anakin moment. Classic. =D=

A desperate Mace Windu made communication with the headmistress of the Nubian Academy for the Political Arts and Sciences.

Wow. They waited...and still Anakin has no wife. Mace is desperate all right![face_worried] Mace desperate? Seems and oxymoron doesn't it? :D

Good stuff, Anakinsfavorite. Please add me to this ever growing PM list.

P.S. It might be interesting to have another lady make a play for Anakin while Padme is in the wings. [face_thinking]

15. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh I love Pride and Prejudice! Jane Austen is marvellous. I love your story already. And I can definitely see where Harry Potter ties in...will the head mistress be a half-giant?;)

Please add me to your PM list if you have one!

I can't wait to see the encounter between Anakin and Padme. Very curious. Curious, curious

16. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    I love this idea- a cross between Star Wars and Jane Austen.

Please PM me when you update!

17. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    =D=
    VERY good idea. Just dont get too Jane Austin on me and start writing big words that I dont understand. :p

I like the Idea your going with this. PM me when you update. :)

18. ChewbacaRocks

ChewbacaRocks Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    I am loving this story. This is such a good idea, and I can't wait to see what will happen next!

If you have a pm list, I would love to be added!!:)

Great post, and more soon please:D

19. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    ok, as the other fans have pointed out this is agreat story and i love it!!!!! you tied two of my favorite sci-fi fics/movies together, SW and HP, and then a wonderfully romantic story, P and P!!!!!!!

I absolutely love this idea, and congrats! Just one question, I guess no Luke and Leia??? Or at least they'll be late if she does get pregnant???

anakin_luver: Very curious. Curious, curious
    hehehe, Mr. Ollivander!!!:D

*wonders how many readers are male???*:p

can't wait for more, and can i have a PM too please?[face_praying]

meg

20. MoAngel

MoAngel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    Great idea with this one. Please add me to your PM list and Happy Easter to you too!

Mo

21. SoggyBread

SoggyBread Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2005
    ?Oh,? Obi-Wan said, the corners of his mouth twitching. ?So you feel guilty over your mother?s death but not over the many grey hairs you have given me?? He placed his hand on Anakin?s shoulder and gave him a light squeeze. ?I hope you can find someone that will help you through your struggles, but with a face like the one you?ve got, I wouldn?t get my hopes up??

this cracked me up
    this is soo cute i enjoyed reading it muchly

22. merijune

merijune Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2005
    I must agree that this is very interesting....please pm me when you update. I do like the twist of "P & P".

23. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    I am so glad you all liked it! [face_love] I figured I'd catch a few readers with the name (I know I wouldn't have resisted!)

Okay, here's the lineup (subject to change)
    Mr. Darcy... Anakin Skywalker
    Elizabeth Bennet... Padmé Neberrie
    Mr. Bingley... Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Jane Bennet... Sabé
    Lydia Bennet... Eirtaé
    Mr. Wickham... Ferus Olin
    Mr. Collins... Palo
    Mrs. Bennet... Headmistress
    Mr. Bennet... Mace Windu
    Miss Bingley... OC- going to be good though!
    Lady Catherine de Bourgh... suprise OC!
    Mr. and Mrs. Gardiner... Ruwee and Jobal Neberrie
    Charlote Lucas... Rabé
    Georgiana Darcy... Anakin's apprentice (bet you can't guess who!)
    Umm... that's it for now, will add more if needed.

Author Replies

Araxie:
    Well, not all Jedi are in want of a spouse [face_worried]. I origionally though of having Siri as Jane, but I decided that she was to be married to someone else... :D

brodiew:
    Glad you liked it- I can so see Obi making fun of him like that!
    I'm a step ahead of ya there. I've started the next chapter (3) and I've included a part about a young woman who... well, you'll have to find out! Let's just say, she's more enthusiastic about Anakin that he is about her!

anakin_luver: It's my second favorite movie (to SW of course) and book (next to HP). As for the headmistress, she's Nubain. Nubian=tall? :confused: will have to give that thought... would be kind of funny...

jedi_princess18:
    I think all of us do! Thank for reading!

MarcusDade: Don't worry, I shall henceforth refrain from disconcerting you with with verbous appelations! [face_batting] Whew, that took me a minute there!

ChewbacaRocks:Tehehehe... gotta wait till tomorrow- check up around nine...

mastermeg_0228:All we need is Pirates of the Carribean and it would be perfect! [face_thinking] Thanks! As for Luke and Leia... you will have to see aka. I do not know when they will come into the story. That might have to wait until a sequal (if anyone's interested)... will have to ponder that one. Good question- I had been wondering about that too! Raise your hand if you're a guy! [face_dancing]

MoAngel: What I want to know is why the forum is not flooded with P&P fanfics??? Hope you had a great Easter! [face_chicken]
    SoggyBread:Me too! Just wait until Padmé and Anakin bang heads on the first day of classes!

merijune:
    Me too... I have a feeling that this is going to be one of my favorite fanfics that I write!

PM List: Master_Talek, michaellover, Princess_Elisabeth, LoveAnakin1, randomangel22, delta-7starfighter, Mirik, Araxie, brodiew, anakin_luver, jedi_princess18, MarcusDade, ChewbacaRocks, mastermeg_0228, MoAngel, merijune, Star_Angel, Laine_Snowtrekker, Across_The_Stars-24, flyingcolours

24. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Okay, I asked once but I can do it again, please add me to the pm list[face_praying], I asked it in my first reply but maybe you missed me, so I?ll ask again.

Well, the character lineup is very interesting and I can?t wait for more:D .

25. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Hey, sign me up for the PMs. I love the book, I'd love to see how you do this with SW characters! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.