main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Pride and Prejudice?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Emperors-hand, Dec 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperors-hand

Emperors-hand Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Well after seeing the trailer for the first time today I have to ask myself is this movie supposed to be a farce? A spoof maybe? Elizabeth Bennet is one the most complex characters ever written and the trailer made her look like a clucking, money grubbing nit wit. Has anyone actually seen this film? And Liz have you seen the trailer? And if so what do you think? It really just didnt seem to follow the book at all. I don't think I'm going to watch it but I would like to know what the rest of you think. (well those of you who are interested anyway because it just doesn't seem to hold a candle to the low budget A&E version from the mid 90's)

Thanks all!

2. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    I saw the trailer too, and I think it looks quite lame

3. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    never went to the trouble of finding the trailor... and after reading what you just said i highly doubt that i will. i may rent it once it's out through netflix but if it doesn't impress me in the first few minutes then it's going off. i just can't take watching the same chick who killed king arthur kill another thing that i'm really into (though, in her defense, it was probably more the director/screenwriter who killed king arthur, rather than kiera knightly herself).

no one will ever top colin firth as darcy [face_love]

4. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Colin Firth is all right... but Hellboy could take 'im!:p

Only joking.

I've seen most of the one of which you speak and several others besides... several times. My Mom is a HUGE Pride and Prejudice fan. I'm kinda partial to the old b&w Hollywood version, not a faithful adaptation by any means, but it's fun to watch.

I don't know if my Mom's even heard of this new version, but I doubt she'd like it as much as the A&E version.

Personally I think Darcy should've been all red with a big stone hand, and Lady Catherine De'Bourgh in Mandalorian armor. That'd rock!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.