main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Primeval Series Three

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT , Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The beasties are back, starting next Saturday from 7:45-8:45 pm on ITV. I've enjoyed the series so far so I'll be watching. According to the writeup in the Telegraph TV magazine the first adventure involves a creature showing up at the British Museum.

Bad news for fans of both this series and Robin Hood as the BBC are running Robin Hood at the same time. The first show in that new series is on from 7:30-8:15 pm. I'll opt for Primeval as I lost interest in Robin Hood during the last series.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Robin Hood got rather stale, Merlin was a much better series.

I have enjoyed Primeval the last 2 series and I look forward to this one. Although I hope more gets explained in this series as the previous ones tended to just involve stopping pre-historic or futuristic creatures and advance little in solving the overlying mysteries they established.
    I would expect the writers have an overall story outline for it all, and that it won't just keep going with them making bits up each time or the series will simply run dry which would be a shame.

3. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    "The beasties are back, starting next Saturday from 7:45-8:45 pm on ITV"

Why? How?, etc ...

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've already blown it on watching this. It came up against Radio 3 doing Wagner's Ring Cycle live from NYC. So instead of beasties I've had the radio cranked. Das Rheingold just ended so I might catch the last bit of the show now. However there's 4 more weeks of the Ring.

And a note that the start/end times for this were different than what was in last week's story. Tonight's started at 720 pm.

5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    And that's not including breaks.

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    [face_laugh]

At least next week's will be at the normal Opera on 3 time of 6pm. It's been early due to the US clocks going forward at the beginning of March.

7. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Liking the new series so far. Sounds like they're putting a lot more thought into the conspiracy storyline.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Excellent episode this week.

I'm not convinced that the real Cutter was killed, I think it was the clone

Whatever the artifact is, it's obviously is very important. Maybe it controls anomalies.

9. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    No Cutter ia dead, Henshall wanted writing out this season and to go in way that was final

Granted anomolies etc...

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    If that is true then it is extremeley lame. The show will not benefit from killing off the main character, especially since those left over are not as good (apart from Ben Miller as Lester).
    He was the focal point, the founder of it all. Plus all the work of trying to create a romance between him and Jenny/Claudia and whether she ever returns to how she was before is wasted if he doesn't return.

Why couldn't they kill Conner instead?! :_|

11. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I'm guessing this paves the way for Jason Flemyng to take over the Cutter-type role. I am a bit gutted Henshall has gone, but if he wants to go, then its his decision.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeh, but couldn't it have been done at the end of the series?
    That way the writers would have a break to decide how to evolve the series without Cutter in it, and resolve all the loose ends of the story that involve him.

Then they could simply end it there or if they decide to do another series then they would have a fresh start.

13. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Ha! I knew it.

Have to say I'm impressed with the way things are shaping up in the series. A bigger budget and an intriguing storyline are going to make this one of the most interesting series ITV have ever done.

And I had to lol @ Nigel getting eaten by that G-Rex.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The reporters were a pain in the ass, glad they became dino-meat.

I was generally impressed by the episode and am glad a more robust and lively character has come in to the team. Good to see Conner doing something useful, and Ben Miller rocks.

One thing that bugged me was the mention of a herd of Giganontosaurus coming towards the anomoly. As awesome as a herd of predators that size would be, I've certainly never read any evidence to suggest it ever had the need to be a pack hunter. T-Rex was never a pack predator, there is little reason for Giganontosaurus to be.

Although I understand it could move pretty fast for it's size, so they running around seems pretty accurate.

15. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Loved that most recent episode. The Future Predators are awesome, and it was fun seeing them fight the giant insects.

Woman from the future in next week's episode. Wonder how they manage to explain what happens to us in the future?

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Maybe we go offworld, or simply get over-run and wiped out by superior predators.

I am liking how the series is progressing, I was concerned it was going to decline following the departure of two of the major lead characters, but the replacements have been great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.