main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prince of Persia: Sot & WW

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sabrajaguar, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    I beat KotOr in 6 days. I beat Halo in 7.

I have Had Sands of time for Months. I Actualy stped playing and beat Halo, Normal and most of Heroic.

I Like POP But Damn its hard! Im Stuck in the Bath house. I Wish I could squeez through cracks like Nehraa!

How the hell do I get the Sand cloud above the wet wall, and How do i get Trough the swinging trap spike pit combo.

I can Avoid the Swinging bar.

Lower myself to the floor.

I can jump over the spike pit.

But How do you get up on the other side. Their is nothing. no hand holds, no swing bars no nothing!

And is Prince of persia Warrior withn comming out on PC?

2. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Try wall jumping. Run up a wall and jump and jump and jump until the Prince has bounced to the top. And just wait until you get to the library. It took me hours to beat it with a walkthrough. That I printed out after being stuck for hours.

3. Pizza_the_Hutt456123

Pizza_the_Hutt456123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2004
    I beat the sands of time in about a week, average time for me, but by far one of the hardest levels is when you and the woman(i forgot her name) are stuck in the elavator going down. you have to kill as many demons as you can, while preserving your own health as well as make sure the girl doesn't die. but dont worry, the easiest level is the end fight. it's fun.

BTW i can't wait to play warrior within, it looks kisk-@$$

4. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Sands of Time is awesome. One of the best games ever made if you can get into it and appreciate the level of work that went into the gameplay and stage design. It's extremely impressive.

5. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Warroir Within looks like they made it dark for darkness sake. That bothers me.

6. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Actually, it's dark for reasons of story and character, they've been quite clear on that. It's dark because that's where they thought the Prince's character needed to go.

And I do think it makes sense. The Prince was fresh and young in SoT, just entering his first major military campaign. In the first game, he faced unspeakable horrors in the form of an army of the undead, killed his own father, and saw his love die before his eyes. He was able to revevrse all this, but was still faced with his love's having absolutely no idea who he was.

Then, as if that weren't enough to seriously scar a person, for seven years he has been pursued by the Dahaka. A creature spawned by Fate itself. A creature that cannot be defeated, nor escaped. As a consequence of his actions in The Sands of Time, the Prince will die. It is pre-ordained.

All this, I think, would make a person tend to have a rather grim outlook on the world. And, since the player is experiencing the world as the Prince, it only makes sense foor the player's experience to be dark as well.

I am kind of surprised that they took an M rating, but that doesn't need to be a bad thing. Especially since, in ways I don't understand, human opponents are definitely involved in the plot, which means more realistic violence like blood and dismemberment, not just the dissolving that the Sand Creatures did in Sands of Time.

I notice that sexual themes are citted as one reason the game got an M rating. I actually hope they'll play up that aspect a little bit. The bits with the Prince and Farrah were cute, but the Prince is a vastly dfferent man now, and if the demo is any indication, the women in his life this time 'round will be rather different as well. I think a more mature sensual aspect would contribute nicely.

I won't know until I've played. I hope the whole game isn't dark and drab; the bright, exotic environments that sometimes popped up in Sands of Time were breathtaking. But I don't object to the turn the series has taken, as it seems to be story-driven.

-Paul

7. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Prince of Persia 3D was more engrossing, it was solid, polished, and more attuned to the previous games, involving lateral thinking and problem solving, as opposed to the uber-hack-fest that the modern games are.

8. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Warroir Within looks like they made it dark for darkness sake. That bothers me.

I agree. It annoys me. What I heard was that a lot of people whinged about the light-hearted, fun, bright feeling of SoT, wanted it to be darker and grittier and all that cliched rubbish. I think one of the best things about SoT was how it WASN'T like that. It was bright, and light-hearted and full of fun of great smart-assed, sarcastic humour. I know there's story reasons for it, but I really did get the feeling from the demo that they just felt compelled to make it dark, gritty and violent. And franky? I've seen it all before. I'm over dark and gritty. I loved the more playful vibe of SoT, the way it was a lovely nostaligia trip back to the good old original PoP. I'm sure the gameplay of WW will be cool, but I think SoT will be a better game.

9. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Right on! High Five!

10. rogue_wookiee

Apr 24, 2004
    I like the dark look of the new one. I think it shows that the world and the Prince are different. The Prince isn't a teenager who is going into his first battle now. He's an experienced warrior in his prime. The enemies are no longer all sand creatures like the first one. The fact is that in a realistic hack and slash there will be enough blood to warrant an M rating.

11. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Right on! High Five!

Wooo!!! *High-fives back* :p

12. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I wasn't even interested in the Prince of Persia series untill just recently when I happened to play the first one for an hour or two at my friend's house.

Then, even more recently, I was awed by the Prince of Persia 2 trailer. I'm without a doubt going to get it for Christmas. ;)

13. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Would you recomend me buying SoT?

Evil.

14. rogue_wookiee

Apr 24, 2004
    Yes. It is very good. Just don't throw your controller at the TV when you get to one of the 2 or 3 tedious and confusing puzzles.

15. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Nah, i'd just turn the game off and come here. :p

Evil.

16. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I am surprised so many people got stuck in it. I didn't think it was that tough, I actually thought it was a litle short. I didn't cheat, or use a game guide. Just good old dedication.

There is so much to love with that game. The 'bullet- time-esque' fighting was pretty cool. The combo moves and fatalaties, if you will, were nice. I actually enjoyed all the hacking and slashing, but I guess that is just how I am.

Also....Sabrajaguar, how did it take you longer to beat Halo than KotOR? KotOR is Halo x6.

17. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    I thought this game was really short and really easy, I beat it in one day, under 6 hours. But it was still a really fun game and i Played through it a lot. I cant wait for Warrior Within

18. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Just don't throw your controller at the TV when you get to one of the 2 or 3 tedious and confusing puzzles.

Dude, I got so pissed that I boycotted the game for over a month before I went back and finished it...all while drenched with sweat and with Powerade bottles attached to my mouth with straws so that I could at least get some nourishment...

That game made me weep with frustration...

I'm apprehensive about getting this new one...I mean, I want to...but I'm scared...so scared...

19. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    The_Chim

I played Halo right when my Classes were getting work intense, so I played for a little while 1 1.5 hours and put i would down for the rest of the night.

Kotor, I played when I just got back from boot camp, and had 2 weeks before school started.

20. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Which console version of the game will be better to get? I have an Xbox and GC...I had the first on GC.

21. rogue_wookiee

Apr 24, 2004
    Dude, I got so pissed that I boycotted the game for over a month before I went back and finished it...all while drenched with sweat and with Powerade bottles attached to my mouth with straws so that I could at least get some nourishment...

I bought it in a deal with Splinter Cell. Big mistake. Bouncing between 2 difficult games. I had to choose between trying to get through a mission without killing anyone and working on the library puzzle. That thing's a pain in the #*# even with a walkthrough. I was stuck for a week, cracked and printed a walkthrough.

22. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Is it just me, or do the character graphics kind of...suck this time? The landscapes are sweet, but I remember the characters looking smoother in SoT.

23. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I bought PP 2 when it came out. I actually went and bought SoT because I saw the ad for WW and was like "that looks SOOOO cool!" I have to beat the first one so I went and bought it for 17 dollars, and played it non stop. I LOVE that game and I haven't played much of WW yet so I cant compare but it will be hard to compare to Sot. I can honestly say that that game was probably the most fun I have had playing a video game in a looong time.

The puzzles werent too difficult ( I had a healthy knowlege of Zelda puzzles so that probably helped) and I got stuck minorly for a few times but other than that it was fairly easy, yet incredibly fun. I like the dark aspect of WW because I am a fan of that sort of thing but the first one was priceless.

Forcebewitya.

24. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I just played WW for about 5minutes. The commercial made it look more interesting than what iv seen so far. I dont think the rock music fits with the settings and its kinda button pressy.

25. MonaToral

MonaToral Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2004
    i was watching a show about WW today, and it looks very, very interesting. i havn't played SOT yet but im planning on buying WW for chrismas. does any one object, should i buy sot first. i was thinking about it, but the new one looks so much better, and from wat ive read on these boards sot looks really diffacult, and kinda a waste of money, so wat should i do. buy sot and take liek 6 months to beat it, or just buy WW?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.