main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Prince Xizor: anyone else's favorite EU character?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Hoaxer_Poker, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Hoaxer_Poker

Hoaxer_Poker Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2008
    I've been really into Shadows of the Empire lately (the whole project - books, comics, you name it) and this character just makes such a great impact.

I don't know what it is about him, but I just love the character to death!

Ithorians likes this.
  2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    He's amusing, but little more. His terribly foolish ambition hurts my appreciation for him. That and the attempted rape. And the sex doll.

He died in his first appearance and didn't get much filling out, so we really didn't have much time to get attached to him. I know he's shown up in a few things relatively recently, but I haven't bothered with them.

I have crude taste, but maybe he was a little too crude to be a favorite of mine.

Sarge likes this.
  3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I thought he was amusing as villains go. For whatever reason I had a weird obsession making him paper doll clothes as a kid. I think I was a pretty dumb or very bored kid.

[​IMG]

4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Holy Hell that is awesome!

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    When I was a teenager and first read SotE, the whole "he is a cool and classy reptilian humanoid that's as important as Darth Vader and knows who Luke Skywalker is because Palpatine trusts him and is a martial arts master and is a major mafioso and is extremely rich and has the best starfighter ever and has AXE superpowers to score with a lot of chicks and almost beds Princess Leia" concept struck me as hilarously bad.

I haven't changed my mind since then.

jSarek, Sarge, jedimaster203 and 5 others like this.
  6. Hoaxer_Poker

Mar 14, 2008

But that's exactly why he's so ridiculously awesome! :D

Darth_Pevra and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Well, I liked the scene where Leia kicked him in the crotch.

8. Hoaxer_Poker

Mar 14, 2008
    That was a good crotch-kick.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Xizor also shows up in the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy. There's some good interplay between him and Vader and scenes between him and Fett in the final book.

Hoaxer_Poker likes this.
  10. Hoaxer_Poker

Mar 14, 2008
    Sounds interesting, FETT!

Worth a read? Written well?

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    People are hot and cold on that series. I liked it since I'm a Fett (and other bounty hunter) fan. Dengar, Bossk, and Zuckuss all show up as well. Other people can't stand the books. I also happen to like K.W. Jeter's characterization of Boba. Your best bet might be to get the first book and see if you like it before getting the other two.

12. Hoaxer_Poker

Mar 14, 2008
    Sounds pretty interesting. I'm not a bounty hunter addict or anything, but there's no denying they make for cool characters!

As a bounty hunter fan you must have also liked a the comic adaption/perspective of Shadow of the Empire, no? So many great Bounty Hunter images.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, the SOTE comic was good. In fact I have an old pop-up comic in my collection that is based on that story. It's kinda neat.

Hoaxer_Poker likes this.
  14. Hoaxer_Poker

Mar 14, 2008
    A pop-up comic huh, cool! The only pop-up book thingy I remember having as a kid was one for Return of the Jedi. It was pretty awesome.

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hoaxer, did you know Xizor's in the first of the Coruscant Nights books? He plays a general badass. More than just a cameo.

Hoaxer_Poker likes this.
  16. Hoaxer_Poker

Mar 14, 2008
    Nope, had no idea! Maybe I'll just have to check that one out as well.

17. Hoaxer_Poker

Mar 14, 2008

I just ordered it right away. :)

18. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Pheremones.

19. Hoaxer_Poker

Mar 14, 2008
    Instant like! ;)

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    And Lord Vader still bests him. :)

AlyxDinas and Ulicus like this.
  21. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I like him. He is a funny character.

He is also capable of making Vader mad and I like seeing Vader mad.

Ithorians and VanishingReality like this.
  22. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    He'd probably be even madder if he knew what Xizor tried to do to his daughter.

RC-1991, Zeta1127, Ulicus and 2 others like this.
  23. Hoaxer_Poker

Mar 14, 2008
    Or to his robot, C-3PO.

Since he's into them as well, he did fancy Guri!

24. Big Fat'Lya

Big Fat'Lya Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2013
    Funnily enough, as someone who didn't like the Shadows of the Empire novel (and is unfamiliar with the rest of the project), I found I enjoyed the descriptions of Xizor wandering through a garden, eating at a restaurant, and just generally being suave in an idle-rich sort of way. For some reason I found those segments very enjoyable. If the rest of the novel was disregarded and it was re-released as "An Average Day In The Life Of Prince Xizor", I'd think it were a lot better...

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    One of my favorite Xizor roles is in the third book of the Han Solo trilogy, Rebel Dawn. This book provides setup for Durga's affiliation with Black Sun, and uses Xizor pretty well.

Really, HP, just check out his page on the Wook. He and Black Sun were integrated really well into the EU very quickly, and he's still made some appearances recently like in Shadow Games and The Last Jedi. There was also the use of Falleen in TCW. Xizor didn't appear, but these Falleen were definitely based on his appearance, and were indeed Black Sun minions.