Lit Prince Xizor: anyone else's favorite EU character?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Hoaxer_Poker, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    I can't help but like the guy. He's such an over-the-top Bond villain type, but it works to have this big crime lord, and it works to give Vader a rival who's being propped up by Palpatine to piss him off. He's sort of a silly concept, but he works, and I've liked having him pop up in other stuff to continue the rivalry with Vader and the underworld Black Sun element. Sometimes, you've just got to go big with the concept.
  2. General Immodet Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Xizor can still be resurrected...
  3. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5

FOTJ actually played with that idea briefly, though it would likely actually been the better ending.
    General Immodet likes this.
  4. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    For the love of god don't bring Xizor back from the dead. He had a perfect ending. Getting b**** slapped by Vader (complete with a one-liner!) is an ending other characters can only dream of. Don't take that away from poor Xizor.
  5. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    With all those pheromes and the seductions going on there may be a 'Son of Xizor' running around somewhere..
  6. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    He was apparently actually not that popular among his own people.
  7. Hoaxer_Poker Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    How was Prince Xizor written in other novels? Any good interesting parts?

I've only read his appearances in Shadows of the Empire (both novel and comic).
  8. Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I wouldn't go as far as to say he is my favorite EU character, but he is cool. I like the whole Coruscant underworld crimelord Black Sun thing.
  9. Hoaxer_Poker Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I'd love to have Xizor's or the Emperor's skyhook from the Shadows of the Emperor novel hah!
  10. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    His rivalry with Vader is a big part of the plot in the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy, and he's reasonably good there. He also appears in the Han Solo Trilogy and Coruscant Nights books, and the characterization is fine.
  11. General Immodet Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Something I did not get... At first, it was implied the Exchange (KOTOR) evolved into Black Sun.
    Later on, the Exchange and Black Sun suddenly exist together in the same time period (TOR). Why?
  12. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5

They still can, Black Sun was apparently born on from a Coruscant branch of the Exchange encouraged by the Sith Empire to take control of the lower levels during the crisis, at least this is what the TOR Encyclopedia hints at.
  13. Hansa Jedi Master

star 1
    I love Xizor and the Falleen species in general. He was great fun in SOTE. :D

Maybe an Exchange boss on Coruscant broke off from the Exchange, gathered allies who built their own criminal empire? Total speculation, of course.
  14. Hoaxer_Poker Jedi Grand Master

star 1

Yes, I ordered the trilogy yesterday. Should be arriving in about a week!

These novels don't seem to be univerally loved though! What do you think of them Havac?
  15. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    They're not the best novels ever, but they're not bad. They have a lot of interesting ideas, which creates a weird little corner of the universe full of cool stuff, and I think they're probably underrated overall.
  16. FTeik Force Ghost

star 4
    What is not to like about a pompous windbag with delusions of grandeur?
  17. jedimaster203 Force Ghost

star 4
    I didn't really like Xizor at all. He wasn't a bad character, really, but there was nothing there to make me give a crap about him either. I didn't care about him reading the novel, and I pretty much forgot about him immediately after reading Shadows of the Empire.
  18. Sarge Chosen One

star 4
    Gorefiend and krtmd like this.
  19. AlyxDinas Force Ghost

star 4
    How great was Xizor? He made his chair work out for him.
    Hoaxer_Poker likes this.
  20. Hoaxer_Poker Jedi Grand Master

star 1

He's the MAN...I mean reptile!