main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Princess Lego - Clarification required

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Chiron_au, Feb 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiron_au

Chiron_au Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2001
    There r some really really important things that need to be clarified here

Have u ever made a pilgrimage to either Copenhagen or Birkenhead Point (Sydney) or any other lego world?

Have you ever written a complaint to the Chief Lego Man about the outrageous pricing

Do you use lego men (and women) in lego creations?

Do you personally use Duplo?

If you ever got bored of Lego are you willing to donate it all to charity? ie ME!

:p

2. Princess_Lego

Princess_Lego Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Sorry to disappoint you matey.

I once made a pilgrimage to the city to see the Lego Expo at Myer when I was about 6.

My kids Duplo collection is slowly growing, as I get more kids to buy it for.

I currently own the entire collection of Star Wars lego to date. (except for the robot ATAT walker, but soon...)
    I'm going to try and aquire the 'US only' lego men (the Emperor, Stormtroopers, etc.), but I haven't found anyone to ask yet.

3. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Ah well, I intend to be at Tivoli by the end of this year. For those not in the know that's where you can find Legoland in Denmark. The place where Lego was invented no less. It's just outside Copenhagen.

4. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I feel entitled to a bit of credit for being the poor guy who finances her collection. Oh well. I guess she could say she finances my PC game collection and music collection. ;)

5. Chiron_au

Chiron_au Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2001
    Well Greiyls if you see the big lego Kahuna himself/herself be sure to berate them about the the outrageous cost of lego - Chiron is not impressed

Could you also please ask him to kindly return my lego collection that my younger siblings so generously (can u hear the sarcasm dripping?) handed down to others

"You never appreciate something till its gone"

And Soniel in regards to music I have three words for you - The Perth Napster Combine

MP3 is surprisingly cost effective :)

6. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Still no substitute for vinyl.

7. Chiron_au

Chiron_au Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2001
    U you have your own decks then?..........<drool>.............

Still at least w/ MP3 there is very little damage I can do to the equipment :)

Have u actually heard MP3 which has been ripped in HighStereo/320kb format?....not bad at all

8. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I have old decks which barely work (saw me through a few DMC contests many years ago). I'm about to get some new ones. Not top of the line but a good DJ makes do.

9. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Ha! I beat you all. No one can surpass the sound quality of a Ham Radio.

10. Pinback

Pinback Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2000
    Just had another crazy idea; one of these days we should throw a big Masquerade Ball with (duh!) a SW theme, Chancellor Soneil manning a turntable (would we have to pay him, I wonder?), and a few guys made up as a Bith band!

Is it just me, or does that sound like fun? Make a pretty good photo op, I think!

11. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I'd actually mentioned a similar idea to Princess Lego. I'd thought of having something like that as part of a convention that runs over a weekend. It could be just one of many starwars related activities planned.
    I could do up a starwars style mix to play. Of course LD could do the music for a while too. I'd have to have a dance. It's always nice having 2 DJs.

12. Chiron_au

Chiron_au Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2001
    I have the Metallica version of Darth Vader music if that helps

13. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I've got it too. I'm not really in to heavy metal but that piece is good. Sith Magician's the guy to ask about heavy metal.

14. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    actually, I like the idea of a SW party... [face_devil]

15. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Metallica version? I wounldn't mind a copy of that, please? Where do you get it from anyway?

16. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I have a short version that was on one of their albums. I've uploaded it to http://www.oneil.com.au/outer-rim
    /metallica_imperial_march.mp3
    Hope the link's right.
    It's a fairly small file. There's a longer version they did more recently with an orchestra.

17. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I have the Metallica/San Fran Sisco Philharmonic version, just PM me if you want it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.