main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Princess Leia Fan Club

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by --LadyVader--, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. --LadyVader--

--LadyVader-- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2003
    Anyone else an admirer of Leia? I always loved her in the films but my passion for her grew ever more when I discovered the EU.

I hope to meet a lot of other Leia fans on this message board. Unite!

2. Anakin_Sleepwalker

Anakin_Sleepwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    I like Leia. In the movies (haven't read the books) she is a very strong-willed person.

I also like brownies.

3. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    Knd of hard not to like her. The maturity of her character has been great in the EU, albeit one sided. ROTJ opened her up to have potential as a Jedi, and yes, she would have started 4 years after Luke, but they sort of short-changed her Jedi skills. Mentioning it here and there, and Dark Empire a bit. They used it to pass it off to her kids.

I think Infinities would have been so much better if Leia was a Dark Jedi, for example.

Her character has the most potential for growth in the EU, and they really could have done so much more.

I think what they did do, however, was fun and interesting to read for the most part. Much more that even Han or Luke sometimes.
    I would love to write for Leia if I had to choose a character to write for.

I am a fan of her character. In ANH and ESB especially, but not so much in Jedi, she was wasted there. How unfortunate.

Madine out

4. --LadyVader--

--LadyVader-- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2003
    I agree that she was wasted in ROTJ. I like her best in ESB but I think she looks the best in ANH.

I, too, wish that Infinities had of made her a dark Jedi. Perhaps they still can with later Infinities comics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.