main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Princess Leia graphic novel

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ahsoka's Tano, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Let me apologize in advance if there's already been a thread pertaining to this; mods may feel free to merge this with any "official" thread that was previously posted.

I just borrowed a copy of the Leia graphic novel from my local library. I enjoyed it; gives Leia a new perspective as a more independent heroine than any Star Wars venue perceived her prior. I liked how she brushed off Luke and Han, and went out on her own.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Drop by the general Marvel thread for all kinds of comic discussion - link's in my sig.

As to the series, I found it OK, but given the creators involved it should have been better and it certainly suffered in comparison with the other books.

I really should love whatever Waid and Dodson do but this didn't work as well as I'd hoped.

3. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I love Waid and Dodson generally, but this just wasn't that memorable. If you want to try another miniseries, get Lando. So far, it's pretty much the best SW story arc Marvel has produced (along with Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, in the SW ongoing).

Jedi Ben likes this.
  4. SexyRey

SexyRey Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    The Leia comic is my least favorite of the new bunch. It was a fun read, but some things felt off. The art is jarringly inconsistent with the other comics that take place during the same time frame, and Leia's characterization is a bit different. Leia acted more like a 16 year old girl than the Leia I know. And they gave Luke some ackward dialog--him hurting for Leia's affection is just a little strange given that we know they're siblings, and I question the motif for writing that scene.

SilentGuy66 likes this.