main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Princess Leia (Marvel) #2, part 2 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Feb 6, 2015.

1. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    GrandAdmiralJello I've never stated that my explanation is the official one, and I've been clear that it is simply my opinion. It is a theory just like "they messed up" is a theory.

Obviously those few panels don't prove anything, but they add a little bit of evidence to the idea of a force connection between Padme and Leia.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I don't know how many times I have to repeat that I'm not disagreeing with you, dude.

3. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    I was going to post a Jango Fett head butts Obi-Wan Gif, but then I realized Traviss made it stupid. [face_sigh]Fixing Boba and Jango really is the only thing I am hopeful for in NEU.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Some guy did the fix already, it was called Blood Ties.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  7. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Somehow Blood Ties only function was to remind me of how pointless the death of Ailyn was and how mishandled Sintas was in LOTF.

whiskers likes this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    That's your problem for reading LOTF then! :D

For me, it was the best attempt at fusing pre and post-PT Fett.

9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    A solid, second issue. I liked the overall concept of the story and the decision to visit Naboo, but the art in the issue felt extremely rushed and not nearly polished enough. Naboo is one of the most beautiful worlds depicted in the Prequel Trilogy, so this issue had a chance to play with those images and update them into the OT era. Other than a few shots of the Palace and the occasion Gungan, the world didn't feel like Naboo panel to panel. I think that is what bummed me the most, as I was really hoping to see little touches that tied the eras together.

Granted, that is a lot to hope for in considering this first arc will be about "planet hopping" to find Alderaanians (next stop, Sullust), but it just reinforced that Naboo as a setting in the OT era really needs to be further explored. I wanted to see a world juxtaposed between it's own historical cultural identity and the Imperial identify. Imagine establishing shots of Theed that show the city largely the same, but marred in places by uniform Imperial constructs & bases. I wanted to see Royal Guards and stormtroopers on the streets, eyeing each other warily. I would of loved to see some attempt by the pro-Imperial citizenry to have statues or murals to Palpatine, while the pro-Rebel citizens lament the slow decay of their society under the Empire.

Damn it, now I really want that sort of imagery!

--Adm. Nick

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Ok 'fess up, how does a 5' 1" woman head-butt anyone? Was the alien even shorter or same height? As head-butts likely don't work so well on someone taller.

11. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Something something that species has a weak spot in their foreheads?

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, but if said species individual is 6' 0", she ain't going to reach it unless Leia has Boost Head Butt special move by pressing down, right, right-down?

Come to think of it, we don't get variation in alien size, do we?

The2ndQuest likes this.
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There isn't a lot of room for that though, if Theed in ROTJ is any indication, where it was largely unchanged.

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

She literally climbed up his chest to heat-butt him, which made it even awesomer.

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Pretty certain Leia's not supposed to be a Nac Mac Feegle Al!

Gamiel, Solent and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  16. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    "Not everyone keeps their gen--", ah, never mind...

TC

17. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    I agree that Naboo wasn't really explored here. While the comic held together by itself in terms of characterization and plot, I found that the setting was underused. It wasn't bad, per say, but it was a waste of potential.

18. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I suppose in a way that "wesa free" moment from ROTJ was a better glimpse of imperial naboo than what we got in this issue:p

MercenaryAce and DelRiego like this.
  19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    As if some drunken Gungans could really be considered representative of the planet's loyalties. They were probably just partying for completely unrelated reasons.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Or self-advertising budget prostitutes.

21. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    Indeed, the anniversary of Roos Tarpals glorious sacrifice is always a time of partying.

22. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    More like they just got word that Jar Jar was paying a visit to the Death Star when it blew up:p

Darth_Garak likes this.
  23. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    So Jar Jar as Imperial Advisor is back in canon?

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  24. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I wasn't aware it was ever out of canon

25. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Just got around to reading issue #1 & 2, been very good so far. Loved all of the stuff related to the royal family of Alderaan in issue #1 and the visit to Naboo in issue #2 was great too. Looking forward to the rest of this series.

BigAl6ft6 and SilentGuy66 like this.