main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Princess Leia (Marvel) #3, part 3 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Feb 6, 2015.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I thought this was a huge step-up from previous issues. Leia doesn't read as flat and bland here, she has personality beyond being "the ice queen". The dark side of alderaanian royalism is revealed. There is more tension and more of a plot beyond "Leia is off to an adventure", she is on a quest to regain her princessly influence and power as much as she is on a quest to rescue Alderaan's remains. I wonder how much she liked her home planet before she left for the rebellion, because there are vibes in this issue that suggests she left the planet to take part in something bigger.

2. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004

It's a shame since I picked up RED ONE #2 this week by Dodson and the art in that is absolutely sublime. I don't know if it's a case of overwork or being rushed but the Princess Leia book isn't showing the Dodson's at the top of their form.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Nice to hear, I've the Red One trade preordered for a fiver!

4. Matthaeus Sunrider

Matthaeus Sunrider Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    I like this series because its totally different from everything Marvel is doing with Star Wars right now.

5. The Weird Side

The Weird Side Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 7, 2014
    This issue is showing the limitations of a Leia comic. Comics are about a lot of action, especially western comics. Unfortunately, Leia is a politician, diplomat, and leader. Most of her activities involve less action and more commanding from behind the scenes, being in meetings, and being an envoy to various worlds. I think her using her diplomatic skills and political influence to help find the Rebel Forces of Yavin a new home base would have been better than this Alderranian plot.

I personally doubt the Emperor is so petty to want to kill them. He only takes out reasonable threats, because he knows killing for poor reasons can lead to rebellion just as not killing for good ones can. Let's not forget that Palpatine's method of taking out the Rebellion was tricking them into an ambush, whereas targeting and destroying any hint of rebellious tendencies with overwhelming force is the trademark of Tarkin.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  6. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Who knows maybe the bounty of Alderaanians is some sort of elaborate trap for Leia OR it was the idea of some imperial stuffed shirt who didn't run it past ol Sheev

The Weird Side likes this.
  7. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    Another boring issue with the princess. *Yawn*

8. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    This series does seem to be turning out to be your regular adventure of the week type of deal. Will be interesting to see how they end it now that the next issue will deal with a possible traitor. One thing I am curious about is that if Evaan does not die in the last couple issues what will they do with her character after that. Will they just send her character off into the sunset or will she be incorporated in the regular Star Wars comic line?