main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Princess Leia (Marvel) #4, part 4 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 18, 2015.

1. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Nice to see Leia finally being likeable in this series by doing something selfless. For some reason the moment I saw Leia in her classic headbuns I knew that the book had hit it's turning point

2. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    All I know is that the end of this issue might have some relevance for GrandAdmiralJello . . .

And I also think we now see the shuttle that Han and Leia are piloting in SW#5 that she says she stole. I think issue #6 is going to show her full acquisition of it.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  3. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I knew the minute she mentioned that she stole an imperial shuttle in SW #4 that we'd see it happen at some point in Leia

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Mark Waid finds your lack of faith in his skills disturbing!

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, I actually liked this issue, it's definitely the best one in the miniseries so far (though I suppose it's not surprising- it's dealing with the leak/sister/Imperial subplot which has been the better running storyline so far)- Leia's likeable for once and the other characters are working too (except Jora- did she really need to be a racist on top of it? We already don't like her.).

6. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm confused. What am I being paged for? The ship panel?

Anyway, good issue as always. Bit bothered by Leia openly envying that person's sibling. It's an attempt to nudge the audience, but I dunno that Leia would ever say that out loud. She's not much for admitting these kind of things. Continue to enjoy the heck out of her banter with Evaan though.

And hm, I do wonder if this shuttle is the one in Star Wars #5...

8. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Now this was a great issue. If Waid and the Dodsons pull off an issue #5 that's as good as this one, this series will ultimately end up in the "plus" column as far as I'm concerned

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. Rebel_Loyaltist

Rebel_Loyaltist Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2001
    This was an amazing issue. I really like the angle they're exploring with the Alder-Espirions, giving something we can't real comprehend in our world. We have our ideas of nationalities, ethnicities and races, but in their galaxy they have other dynamics such as their species, their planet of origin.

Great cliffhangers in what happens with Leia and the negotiations. Plus what happens with Tula.

10. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Only problem with this issue was Tace, she's so whiney and annoying.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    "Tace" is Latin for STFU so the whole issue was unintentionally hilarious to me.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Gorefiend likes this.
  12. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Yeah, I think I meant to tag AdmiralNick22

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    How'd you get those two confused?[face_laugh]

14. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    A fleet shot? Whose ships are those? Nothing familiar that I can spot a first glance.

--Adm. Nick

15. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    All zealots look alike to me.

16. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    This with Kanan are my favorite of the 4.

Just not very interested in the other ones' stories. I feel this Leia series is really expanding her character through story. I don't like bigot lady, though, she is too obvious.

17. SparklingRoyalty

SparklingRoyalty Jedi Padawan star 1

May 1, 2015
    The Princess Leia series was slipping for a while IMO, but this issue completely changed my mind. It was my favorite of the mini series so far.
    The Positives:
    + It was nice seeing the kinder more compassionate side of Leia this time around. I know ppl like snakry jerk Leia but it's cool to be getting a break from that IMO.
    +Finally they gave Leia a different hairstyle (two actually). For once in this series, she and Evaan didn't look like hair color palette swaps of each other. The twin braids with the golden hair accents was a nice Leia eqsue look and bringing back her Episode IV look was a good call. After seeing this look, I really think they should have had her with the buns the entire time. While the character still doesn't resemble Carrie Fisher, it is as least easier to identify her as Leia.
    +The introduction of hybrid Alderaanians. I'm not completely in love with the idea, but I don't hate it either and would like to see where they go with it.
    +Pareece on Episilon (spell check). I love how despite Jora possibly messing up everything, she never gave up on trying to win the half Alderaanians over.
    + I'm genuinely interested to see how they end this series and I didn't use to be. I can't wait to see what goes down between Leia and the Imperials. How will she escape. What will happen of her fellow Alderaanians while she's in "custody?" What will be of them by the final page? I really want to know.
    +A small Queen Breha reference. I thought it was nice of Leia to offer her mother's necklace to Nien Nunb as a token of gratitude.

The Negatives
    -I don't care for Tace and especially her sister Tula. So it makes me look at the Leia and Tula exchange like really? Leia is risking everything for her. I know she's doing it for the sake of all Alderaanians but maybe had they developed that character more it would have been easier to get behind.
    -Evaan still just felt there to me. I really wanted to like her character but she's hardly getting any notable development as her own character. They should have sent her to Episilon with Jora and Pareece. I mean she's apparently Leia's "advisor", so wouldn't she be the next best person to represent the Alderaanians for something so important.
    -Jora is not a joy to read. She's discrimatory, not at all likeable, and comes across extremely untrustworthy. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that she was connected to the empire the entire time.

18. darth_revan96

darth_revan96 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 18, 2015
    This series has gotten progressively better for me. The first 2 issues were very mediocre, the third issue was a little better, but I really enjoyed this one. Hopefully #5 redeems the series because at the moment it's still the weakest of the Marvel series right now. My one complaint would be Tula and Tace, they are very annoying characters, also Leia is risking her life for a really pointless reason.

19. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    The "Near-Humans" are back [face_plain] They better have a really good explanation for how it is supposed to work.

DelRiego likes this.
  20. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014

Aren't those guys currently fight SHIELD?:p

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    What? Zealot? Since when?

22. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

MY LIFE FOR AUIR!
    [​IMG]

Zeta1127 likes this.
  23. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    It was a good issue. I still put it well below all the others though. What I am most interested in finding out in the conclusion of this series is what ends up happening to Evaan and if she survives will they just drop her character or bring her into the regular line at some point?

24. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    For Adun!

The2ndQuest , BigAl6ft6 and Gorefiend like this.
  25. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    My opinion:

Art was terrible, fun read.